Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Making a full metal winter reliable pistol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a full metal winter reliable pistol...

Hi guys,

Have decided I want a slightly different look/feel for my hi capa now after just using the plastic slide for so long.

I know a fair bit about it cooling down if metal etc etc etc, but not an expert on it!

Here's the set up I'm after...

- Stock internal TM hi capa
    - Mags with high flow valves
    - may install the new shims to help regulate gas flow consistently
    - sanded and polished slide contact points
    - 150% recoil spring set
    - running on propane

Is this set up going to be enough to keep the pistol reliable 90% of the time? I appreciate it may well not work in extreme cold, in which case I would swap the slide back over or something.

Re: Making a full metal winter reliable pistol...

don't use the high flow valves they will not help, stock tm ones are best .9ball hop, 9ball routes, lpe's route shims, oring piston head, 6.01 barrel, cut a couple of coils off the stock recoil and hammer spring, stick with the abs slide. If you want to go the extra 9 yards short stroke the slide. I teft my tm sig I did it to in -8c buried in a plastic bag outside under the snow for about 20min .Although it lacked power it emptied the mag ,and locked back.

Comment

Not trying to be smart buddy but how many threads do need about this pistol.

Are you actually going to do anything with it or just keep asking questions that have been covered in previous threads then do a complete u-turn a few days later
      Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
      Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
        don't use the high flow valves they will not help, stock tm ones are best .9ball hop, 9ball routes, lpe's route shims, oring piston head, 6.01 barrel, cut a couple of coils off the stock recoil and hammer spring, stick with the abs slide. If you want to go the extra 9 yards short stroke the slide. I teft my tm sig I did it to in -8c buried in a plastic bag outside under the snow for about 20min .Although it lacked power it emptied the mag ,and locked back.
        Oh no not a big shopping list! :P cheers for this info chap. All the internal fixing up was something I was hoping I wouldn't have to do. It managed all winter with the stock internals, so I'd only really change those parts if I changed to a heavier metal slide, and that's if I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
          Not trying to be smart buddy but how many threads do need about this pistol.

Are you actually going to do anything with it or just keep asking questions that have been covered in previous threads then do a complete u-turn a few days later
          I don't see the problem?

I have 1 thread discussing why custom plastic slides aren't made (for any pistols, not just mine) 1 asking if 1911 slides fitted hi capas, and another asking if the list of parts would end up with a reliable pistol all year round.

They're 3 different questions, with 3 different discussions to be had. If they were all in one thread, then it would be a nightmare to read, especially for anyone else who stumbles upon this, thinking the same thing, to read.

Until we start running out of space on the Internet, I think we can spare 3 different pages

Comment

Sell hi-cappa and buy a KWA NS2 one? They even have the 2011 ir whatever it is that looks like a hi-cappa.

Comment

The other thing you can do is simply keep the mags close to your body so the gas stays warmer. I've managed to use a full auto glock with a metal slide at -4 temperatures in the snow purely by keeping the mag nearby to me
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

You ask what it will take to make a pistol more efficient in winter, the answer being change the internals.

Then you say you don't want to do that!? This is the very same as what was said in the first thread. People are taking there time to give you a solution to the question and you seem to be disregarding what they are telling you only to raise the same question again...to be told the same answer by a different party, to which you reply again you don't want to change internals!

If you don't want to spend money on it your not going to get very far.

Don't mean to come across like a c**t but if your not willing to throw money at it then the pistol aint going to modify its self and there is no free fix here.
                Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Pdi Winter piston head simples

Comment

Originally posted by Sam56 View Post
                    Pdi Winter piston head simples
                    I've I found on the sig (same diameter bbu) it caused it to not load rounds because the tighter fit didn't allow the piston not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ethics View Post
                      Sell hi-cappa and buy a KWA NS2 one? They even have the 2011 ir whatever it is that looks like a hi-cappa.
                      I would buy a PX4 or a USP if I could sell my Hi Capa for enough to get a new pistol and a couple of mags

Comment

Originally posted by bladerider View Post
                        You ask what it will take to make a pistol more efficient in winter, the answer being change the internals.

Then you say you don't want to do that!? This is the very same as what was said in the first thread. People are taking there time to give you a solution to the question and you seem to be disregarding what they are telling you only to raise the same question again...to be told the same answer by a different party, to which you reply again you don't want to change internals!

If you don't want to spend money on it your not going to get very far.

Don't mean to come across like a c**t but if your not willing to throw money at it then the pistol aint going to modify its self and there is no free fix here.
                        I am willing to spend, but not if it means spending money on everything, just to change 1 part, purely for asthetics. The point of the thread was to find out if the parts I have, with the few parts I intend to buy, will give me a reliable full metal pistol. If they will not, then I probably wont bother. If I was going to ask on here, and then do it anyway regardless of the outcome here, why would I ask in the first place. I dont have any other threads, where I am trying to answer this question. So I dont know what the whole not accepting advice part is about.

I appreciate the input, but The other threads I have about my pistol are, like I said earlier, for other questions. Some not even specific to myself. And like I said, I dont want a mess of questions and answers all in one place. It makes things messy and confusing for others, perhaps those that just want to read rather than contribute.

Now lets stay on topic, as even if this was a waste of a thread, its still less useful than a thread discussing the need for said thread.

Comment

well I have the same set up (bar route shims at the time) in my mbk 226 ,bar the short stroking .I haven't given it the same test ( imagine it would fail miserably),but I used it in drakelow tunnles back in October when it was fairly cold (even colder in the tunnels) and I was getting about 20 rounds out a mag on average. Temp in the area was 14.5/6.8c looking a met stats
                          Last edited by heroshark; 9 March, 2011, 20:17.

Comment

forgot to say both guns have high flow shut off valves in the bbu's routing a little more gas out down the barrel which would usually go into the blow back action. The standard shut off would help the cycling in the cold further .Also the original test the LPE mag shims were not instaled ,but they deffinatly increase efficiency, kick, and power .They are the best and cheapest up grade you can get.

Comment

Ok so those would be a good investment then? After fiddling I need to put one mag in for repair, the fill valve is broken! So might get one put in each of my other 3 mags while im at it!

I forgot to correct myself earlier, the valves are standard ™ as far as Im aware, but a mate of mine 'ported' them. Apparently it gets the valves to work the same as high flow, even though im not 100% sure what it actually involves! The fiddling he did made a very big difference to the kickback and FPS though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X