Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Making a full metal winter reliable pistol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making a full metal winter reliable pistol...

problem with throwing more gas through it in the cold ,theres a higher chance of getting bad cool down, and the gas will run out quicker. Its all about making the most out of the same amount of gas it uses as stock.

Comment

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. In which case the ported mags are going to make things much worse!

Which part is it exactly that causes the breakdown in the cold? the air nozzle? If it may be a case of just getting one or two cheap internal parts, I may consider it!

Then again I might just get the metal slide and harder spring just for the summer!

Comment

Nothing breaks its just less efficient in the cold ,if anything your less likely to break bits in the cold .Harder springs are pointless they just make it harder for the gun to cycle. My solution to the issue as I've said before. 2 of the same gun all the same upgrades/mods I listed (can all be done with a hicapa too),but one you keep abs the other with a metal kit. Abs for winter then when its warm enough again back to the metal one. If anything a hicapa will suffer less with the large gas resevoir.

Comment

Sorry i meant stop it functioning rather than actually breaking.

That sounds good, Ill keep it to just one pistol, as Id rather use all that money to fund a new toy :P So ill keep it to one pistol and just change the parts out when it gets hotter and colder

Thanks man!

Comment

no problem .I also think theres a light weight bbu housing that might help. Less weight in the slide makes it more efficient too ,thats why you see all these cut outs in slides. As well as returning to battery quicker which is what harder recoil springs are for

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X