Collapse

P226 Nozzle that will run on Propane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is without changing the nozzle back to a TM or at the outside a KJW nozzle there isnt realy anything else that can be done. (to my knowledge)
    I thought of removing the baseplate off the mag, depressing the mag catch, pushing up slightly on the mag and then try a shot.
    But thats a bit left field

How much bloody gas must you be getting through...lol

Comment

Re: P226 Nozzle that will run on Propane?

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      The thing is without changing the nozzle back to a TM or at the outside a KJW nozzle there isnt realy anything else that can be done. (to my knowledge)
      Yeah, I'm with you there. I think the TM-compatible Guarder Enhanced Nozzles aren't exactly compatible so I'm going to order two dozen standard TM nozzles and just replace them when they pop.

Well, ok - two or three.

Comment

What exactly happened to the old one?
        Did it explode or just split?

Comment

It split - in an explosive fashion! Split completely in two and the front part fell out.

Others have said they've run standard TM nozzles with Propane for years without issue so it might just have been a duffer.

Comment

...and just to top the day off, I ripped my Hogue Grip while I was taking it off. Bought that from one of the PXs at Bastion n' all. Chunter, grumble...

Comment

Pan - if it's any use I have a near complete tm blowback engine for a sig, needs nozzle, rocket valve and piston head.
              Could be useful as a oem spare if you get more problems on red gas?

Also, m tm sig is the most reliable pistol I've ever owned.
              I'd never get rid of it. It's that good.

Comment

How do they work?

Comment

Worked fine, sent my top slide to an elite guy and he said my nozzle, piston head and rocket valve needed replacing, so I told him to just build me a complete new engine and send back the old parts that can still be used.
                  Still have the return spring and rod which a lot of people seem to lose or bend!

Comment

No, I mean how do they work? What's different to the stock mechanism?

Comment

just fitted a guarder nozzle, pdi head, firefly rocket etc in my current one, never missed a beat since. But it is still the standard abs, I refuse to put a metal kit on it when it works so well and a replacement abs kit is sub $30.

And the oem stuff is just standard marui, useful for a base to build an uber blowback engine

Comment

Just got my P226 together, and a thought ran through my head (dangerous I know!)
                        But what recoil/hammer springs are you using?
                        If you're using a metal kit, you may need to mix and match the springs around because I know that my P226 won't fire properly with the harder recoil and hammer springs I have for it, and the less powerful springs cycle better.

Might help to try that out if nothing else seems to work?

Comment

Not going well is it Pan.

The Guarder nozzle is crap - took mine off one of the Glocks and put the old one back on. It does seem to be an issue as my steel slide didnt return like it used to.

From the sounds of it you need to try an alternative mag to see if the mag may be at fault. Its definitely an issue to do with the seals and hammer as its similar to the problems I've had with pistols of all types.

You should try fitting a Prime slide - been at it all weekend and its still not in a state to fire yet :P

You'll get there in the end - GBB pistols are a pain in the ass.

Comment

Nobody told me I was supposed to put the valve back in the new nozzle...

Back to the old crappy GBBP performance (5/6 shots per gas) but at least it's working. :D

Thanks to everyone who helped. I might whack in some mag shims next to beef it up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                            Working...
                            X