Collapse

GBBR reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Thekonassure. Yeah sounds like a good deal to me :-) I'll PM you when I'm next going.

Tisane, I think I might know the place you're talking about. Do you know, does the wolf that's coloured still stock them? I have a local shop that can obtain parts from their warehouse in the UK.

Comment

Re: GBBR reliability

I think people in asia who like e hobbys stock them and the gamers club that enjoy war also the company of un and the global airsoft lads might have it in stock too but they are all over sea`s.

Sounds good should get my pdw in the post in a week or 2 baring any problems
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Awesome :-D plus if I manage to get the OB kit before I play next we should be able to just straight swap mags without worrying about the bits n bobs on them :-)

It'll also mean I'll have the VSR-style hopup in every one of my guns lol. Any recommendations on what kind of hop rubbers have been successful in the OB guns?

Comment

The ratech red or clear both work well.

Comment

is the stock hop up in the WE pdw ok or should I consider a new bucking or hop unit ?

Looks like I have 2 gas mags and 4 co2 mags coming to me 180rd`s should be fine for a semi game if I dont go crazy Im sure I`ll end up with a few more when I sell some stuff but tbh I`ll struggle to find room for more then 7 mags guess if I use co2 and a speed loader I can always refill them mid game but if Im shooting over 200rds I should be using my aeg anyway lol
            sigpic

Comment

The stock open bolt hop is very very capable rubber guys, never done a comparison myself but from others that have its a world away in terms of range and acuracy compared to the CB hop system.

Comment

cool thanks for the info Tisane
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  The stock open bolt hop is very very capable rubber guys, never done a comparison myself but from others that have its a world away in terms of range and acuracy compared to the CB hop system.
                  Sure - well just as long as it's consistent and has reasonable range I'll be happy but it sounds like it really will perform well :-)

Potshot, do you know what the difference is between the red and clear rubbers?

Comment

So my pdw was shipped 3 days ago and it`s just waiting customs clearance unlike my vltor that was posted over a week ago from with in the uk and is still not here. Is the world trying to tell me to go gas ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                      So my pdw was shipped 3 days ago and it`s just waiting customs clearance unlike my vltor that was posted over a week ago from with in the uk and is still not here. Is the world trying to tell me to go gas ?
                      Dooooo it! :-p

I'm a very gassy person, myself.

Comment

I just like the yin yang of gbbr vs aeg my aeg has 300rd hi caps but could empty them almost as fast as the gbbr could fire 30 lol

Hopefully my pdw and the mags and npas that have all been ordered separately all get to me safe and sound and my vltor shows up too.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to add to this thread again. Last Friday I received my open bolt kit along with the magazine adapters and NPAS. I put it all in before a game day at Bexley on Saturday.

Three words - night and day. It is SO much better than the closed-bolt system. There are some downsides though - I found the NPAS very difficult to install due to the fact that you have to open up the plastic nozzle housing from inside of the bolt. It took me ages to do it because of that one tiny (1mm?) pin that holds the thing together - it was so difficult to push out! But once that was done it was a simple matter of installing the NPAS, putting the bolt together, and then pretty much gutting the guns internals and installing new ones lol. It's nice that you get a whole new trigger group with the kit (especially as I got the whole kit for £70 yet RA-Tech's trigger group is £95... hmm) and they have obviously changed the design since it was first released with some steel plates that have been attached in places for reinforcement. The other downside is how difficult it is to adjust the hopup. Now I have the knack it doesn't take me too long but getting that tiny allen key into the end of the grub screw took ages on game day! And the NPAS is a bit more difficult to adjust now but once it's set it's set so...

On the plus side, the hopup is in another class compared to the old closed-bolt version. It's super consistent and takes VSR-style hop rubbers (big plus for me as that's what all my guns use now). Also, the FPS seems to be much more consistent (now it's worn in) than the CB version. It took a bit of wearing in and lubing up but once all that was done and the hop was set correctly the FPS is probably only +/- 5 FPS (measured firing a whole mag on semi-auto using propane), which is pretty darn good for a GBBR!

So I guess my point is, if you can afford it, get the WE open bolt system! It rocks! I now have as close to AEG range and accuracy as I have ever seen out of a GBBR. Nice :-D

Comment

I found the hop up really easy to adjust just open the bolt lock it back with the bolt catch and adjust it.

If anyone is looking for one I have a stock we pdw open bolt for sale and a mint in the pack still ra tech npas for sale as I splashed out on the ra tech bolt.

But I will 2nd that the open bolt hop design is way better and it can take a pistol or vsr type bucking replacement.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to dp does anyone know or think that a 50rd bomber co2 mag could be made to work in an open bolt we with the conversion kit for the closed to open bolt we mags ?
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't remember the specifics of that mag but if it was intended for the WE Closed-Bolt system then you should be able to modify it for Open-Bolt, I should think.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rubberducky Find out more about Rubberducky
                                Working...
                                X