Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R Hop H Hop questions?

i didnt know reaps did a rubber?
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

Everything you need to r-hop
      https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmo...s-and-services
      G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
      -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

wow, thank you. i think im going to get that stuff next month and give it a go, but until then im going with reaps stuff

Comment

I've ordered the easy fit kit, plus a normal kit a couple of days ago.
          Will let you know the results when I get it up and running.
          G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74

Comment

Brilliant. I did look at the z kit on there. i think it would be cool if someone started modding madbul barrels with an r-hop. Id certainly buy one. Its the trial and error bit that scuppers me. i havent got a 60meter area to shoot in at home so i wont know if i get my r-hop working until i get to site. If ive got it wrong then i would have to buy a new barrel so i can go back to a standard hop up rubber for that day and work on it again once im home.

I believe the r hop is the way to go but its much easier for people who either have a long garden or who play more than once a week. i only get to play 2-3 times per month so i think this is going to be a long one to get working correctly. im ordering a new 455mm barrel and then using the reaps rubber and h nub.

quick question, does the reaps rubber need the nub taking off the inside? do you use it with the H hop (i presume so), or do i leave it as standard and just put the H nub in? How do they intend it to be used?

Comment

Well fitted to both my sr-15 and my ics 552.

First of all my sr.
              I stupidly forgot to bring home some fine sand paper to tweek them, so it was over hopping on .25's (all i've got here at home)
              But the flight path is far far more stable, I was hitting a three inch pole every time at 30 meters with wind.
              I think when i've massaged it a bit it will be awesome.

The sig fitted and shot fine without any need for fettling.
              Again vastly more stable flight path, and a noticable increase in range.

Both were fitted before with madbull blue and red shark buckings respectivly.

I'm going to pick up some .28's or .30's at the weekend and have a play at my local site and will let you know how they fare in a skirmish.
              As a first impression though I am very impressed.

Comment

Brilliant. How easy was the kit to fit? I've ordered a madbull red and a reaps rubber to when they come ill post up my results too. Also just sanded the nub off a rubber and going to use that with a h hop this weekend if the reaps doesn't turn up.

Comment

Very easy to fit, just follow the instructions and softly softly with the sanding.

Comment

R-Hops work very well. I've been installing them for customers for some time now
                    They do take time to install and patience is needed to get things just right.
                    Once you've done a bit of research though, its fairly straight-forward.

The R-Hop works because it can apply more backspin.
                    Due to the Conservation of Momentum, heavier bbs with an equivalent amount of backspin (and all other variables being the same) will always go further.

If you want a hand installing them I'd be more than happy to help

The M-Nub is just a soft block of rubber compound sold by HunterSeeker5 to apply an even downward pressure on the length of the R-Hop.
                    I personally use 70D Sorbothane, its almost identical and does exactly the same job.
                    You can actually tune an R-Hop to be more adjustable than a normal hop, it just requires more patience
                    I'm in the middle of doing a write-up on my installation methods.
                    They're very similar to the info on airsoft mechanics but without all the random stuff to read through.

Comment

yeah, any help would be great. i was using .28's at the weekend and the shots were going every where. i wasuing an bucking with the nub taken off and the a H nub, it just cant handle my set up. gun was shooting 111mps - 112mps every shot. (its my DMR set up) but ranghe was 40-50 meters!.

any help installing an r hop would be great but i just got a reaps bucking through the post so im going to try that and then i may buy the r hop kit unless you can sort out a barrel for me? how long do r-hops last?

Comment

I'm not sure if you meant you'd removed the nub on the inside of the bucking but when using an H-Nub you need to leave on the nub on the inside of the rubber.
                        The H-Nub alone can't push down enough on the rubber so the bbs will just roll down the barrel when they aren't held in place by the bucking.

I've seen very mixed results with the REAPS bucking.

I can install the R-Hop for you if you send up the barrel and hop assembly.
                        Its better if I have the whole gun though so I can test it in your setup.
                        I'm not sure of ZeoIns policy on advertising services so PM me or look at my profile for my website address.

If you want to try it yourself I'll be more than happy to help as well

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. Especially thank you for all the offers of help. I'm going to go airsoft in 2 weekends time and try both the reaps and the madbull shark hop up and If in still not convinced about the range hem I will send ou the gun for you to r hop. How long does an r hop last and how much would you charge me?

His would be all so much easier if I had a garden longer than 30m!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genesius Find out more about Genesius
                          Working...
                          X