Collapse

My new project! ;-) new mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well mate ATM its got 4 pieces of half inch foam in the helmet and I can vigorously shake my head about and it not go anywhere. But I will be adding 1 strap that will go at the back of the head.

As for the paint I've not got that far, is there such thing as rubberised lacquer?

I'll probably sell them with extra foam so people can add and remove as they please as not everyone's head is the same. (would be even better if people were close and could try mine on..)

Price would depend what people are wanting, a raw cast, a clean cast ready for paint, a painted helmet, and helmet with fans and LEDs.

The battery pack isn't installed in the helmet it's actually on a 1m cable so I goes in your pocket.

I have also used lipo batteries and have installed a balance lead for safer charging and you can use a lipo alarm with them too just for added effect ;-)

Also with me being just over a week away from being a dad for the first time, it might be after christmas when I get the time. I want to get them right for people and make the case as good as possible.

Si

Sent from my Si-Pad using Tapatalk HD
    sigpic

Comment

That's the padding in mine. I'm thinking it's to much atm but I'm going to paint it get the back hinge on and go from there :-)
      Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

Comment

Re: My new project! ;-) new mask

Am i right in saying that is hard foam? looks like what surf boards are made of, if that is the case have you considered using that for the main bulk and then a felt padding all wrapped in leather for that wipe clean after a sweaty game. CPL its meant for protecting pcb's but a lot of us squaddies use it on parade boots to give layer of protection. I also put it on my army of two mask, a really thin layer didnt make it shiny but it dose give an extra layer before destroying your paintwork. Well theres another two pence worth. And to be honest id pay for the full hog, i would not want to ruin a good mould lol.

Comment

Hi mate

No the foam is soft it's the stuff used for cushions very soft ;-) and its on Velcro so can be taken out and washed.

I can't find the csl? Do you have a link mate

Si

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, its a deceiving foam at least! Me neither, ive got a can in the shed, ill check it name first thing in the morning and get it to you.

Comment

http://www.electrolube.com/index.asp
              This is the company that makes it, it should have been under 'conformal coating' but is not listed, iam now going to hunt for an alternative.

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CCUQ8wIwAQ

That is the product, it says glossy finish but depends on how much you apply, my mask dose not look any more glossy, but i dont have to tell you to test run things

Comment

Finally started painting!! Yay!

sigpic

Comment

Just painted the back I'll do the face plate later.

sigpic

Comment

Out side done!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Now for the suit of armour
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

The dogs nuts!

Comment

Real sweet. I'd have one. Start churning them out.

Comment

So whats the price of a raw cast / finished product id be interested in one obsessive iron man fan ftw :')

Comment

Hi Guys

right what im gonna do as me and my wife have just had a baby, i am now loooking after christmas at this, i will get a good idea of how much materials will be and make a list, then start a thread and see how many people are interested, (no point doing it if 1 person wants one ) so keep and eye out after christmas

si
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
                                Working...
                                X