Real steel m4/ ar15 receiver conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real steel m4/ ar15 receiver conversions

The trick to acquiring "real" parts is to do what a couple of the guys on here have done with their GPMG conversions - get hold of unfinished parts that are non-functional (gas holes not drilled so just - to the eyes of the law - just a lump of steel) that are not recognised as firearm/controlled parts in the UK. Sure it's not actually the final article, but neither does it get you arrested.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
      that's the US way of doing things.
      over here, any working part is restricted. which includes uppers, lowers, bolts, barrels, and a selection of other bits, unless they are deactivated.
      and if they are deactivated, using them on an airsoft gun would be classed as reactivation.
      Shit, I have to get rid off my rs ak and dragunov and the 97 too!!! As they are illegal now that you said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevaliernoir View Post
        http://www.seekinsprecision.com/ar-l...lower-226.html [...] I'm planning a polarstar build with it
        Polar*'s Fusion Engines are built to AEG specification (VFC, in particular) and as such won't fit a RS receiver. Custom Polar* builders who can modify the Fusion Engine to fit nonstandard guns are out there - RedHawk, a user on here, had one modify a FE to fit his RealSword SVD - so you might be able to find someone who could modify a FE to fit a RS-pattern receiver.

However, that's all a bit academic at present as firstly you won't be able to persuade Seekins to sell you that receiver (you aren't a US citizen with a firearms license, I'm assuming), you wouldn't be able to import it even with a UK firearms license (it's a semi-automatic-centrefire-rifle-capable receiver, illegal in and of itself in the UK), and it would be illegal to own in the UK in any state except certified deactivated by a UK Proof House - and even if it was deactivated, you wouldn't be able to modify it for airsoft use as that would be also illegal.

Your best bet is, as dave38x says, asking Seekins Precision if they will sell you a so-called '80% receiver', which is the receiver without some of its machining operations completed - specifically, without the hollow for the fire control system and the holes for the fire selector milled and drilled out, respectively. In the eyes of the law that's basically a block of aluminium and not a firearm component. What you get is basically the receiver as a solid block, possibly with the magazine well broached or EDM'd out; you would need to have it milled out to airsoft specification, being careful to not also make it RS-compatible (which could be construed as manufacturing a firearm, a grave offence in the UK). If Seekins won't sell you an 80% receiver, you could try getting a machinist to mill you a look-a-like V2-compatible receiver from billet aluminium; that would be very expensive and time-consuming but it is definitely possible.

Personally, if you absolutely have to have this receiver, I'd say your best bet is building up an existing receiver with metal putty to mimic the styling features that you want. It's simple, cheap, and relatively easy if you practise on something else first. If you don't absolutely have to have this receiver, pick any other AR-15 receiver (preferably one made by VFC) and go from there - it's much easier that way!

Comment

Originally posted by forei View Post
          Shit, I have to get rid off my rs ak and dragunov and the 97 too!!! As they are illegal now that you said that.
          I believe Real sword get a pass because their stuff is turned into airsoft parts before the stage they are finished firearm parts.
          Not actually a builder
          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Are you sure?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chevaliernoir Find out more about Chevaliernoir
            Working...
            X