Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tritium night sites

hey guys and gals .

im just thinkin if any one has had the same idea as me and insertin night sight dots on there pistols or iron sights i cant think of the name it either tridium or trijicon ,

any ways if other users have done it can please answer to se how it went

g s

Re: tritium night sites

whats a tridium night sight..... :S

Comment

it a gas they use in the army susat sight to enable night shootin . eg glow in the dark dots for the rear and forblade sight on pistol . or you can get little di-odes of the same gas made in acrylic form to be inserted via a small pilot hole bein drilled . .

Comment

awesum. sounds.......... cool

Comment

they are also used on watches, called Tritium H3 or something

Comment

Aint tritium poisonous?

They use it in Trijicon Acogs

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

cheers destroyer . no spammin on here yet mods so no need to edit or delete he was just asking wat it was as he not been or in the armed forces . . so any one had or done this to their pistol's let me know how it went

Comment

tritium is a radioactive isotype of hydrogen (H3 refers to hydrogen 3)

basically ... its radioactive... and it glows!
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

right, so people put a radio active substance on a gun.... isit only me who thinks thats a little retarded?

Comment

only titium h4g is posionous cos of the argon in it . but it basically absorbs the sun to convert it to glow at night . . trijicon acogs use the same gas as susat's . only massive doses and i mean a section's rifle containing 30- 40 susat's if all of their gas escaped then
                    a be trip to hospital you will have
                    b the squaddies not lookin after their kit . .

Comment

good, so we wont have glow in the dark soldiers running about then......

Comment

no mate only if they have a tin of it and use it as war paint . . but off topic

Comment

I know one retailer sells them, but it's more of a service where you send them your gun and they insert them for you and send them back to you. Thats the scottish for you...

I've seen a set in action and they beat the hell out of my TM G17 night sights which are basically awesome... for 5 min and then they go out as there pretty much just glow in the dark paint dots. If your on a budget I know you can get some larger Night-Glow sights like Billy-Wu has on his Deagle Cannon which last a lot longer but no where near that of real tritium.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

no i have on site armourer from base so he can do it for cheap ive sent my 1911 top slide to him to be done . they are awesome at nite very bright just if people do get it done make other players aware just incase get the call of im seein little green men. helpppp

Comment

The Sight Unit Small Arms, Trilux, or SUSAT, is a 4x optical sight with tritium-powered illumination for night sighting. The full name of the current model is the SUSAT L9A1. The sight is not designed as a sniper sight, but is rather intended to be mounted on a variety of rifles and to be used by all infantrymen. A similar device is the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight.

View through a SUSAT.The reticle of the SUSAT is of unusual design. Unlike the traditional crosshair layouts commonly used, which are in essence a cross intersecting the target, the SUSAT has a single obelisk-shaped post protruding from the bottom edge of the sight. This type of reticle is sometimes referred to as the "German Post". This obscures the target at long range and the foreground. The reticle is tritium-illuminated for low-light condition aiming. The radioactive tritium light source has to be replaced every 8-12 years, since it gradually loses its brightness due to radioactive decay.

The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (normally abbreviated ACOG) is a telescopic reflex sight manufactured by Trijicon, Inc. The ACOG is designed to be used on firearms, particularly carbines and assault rifles, such as the M16 series, providing magnification levels of 1.5x–6x (depending on model).

Unlike many reflex sights, the ACOG does not require battery power. The superimposed reticle (available in a variety of patterns and colors) is illuminated by an external fiber optic light-gathering rail when available light is plentiful, and by an internal tritium lamp during low-light use.

The United States Army and Marine Corps both field ACOGs, while Marines have recently reclassified inventories as the AN/PVQ-31 Rifle Combat Optic or RCO, based on the TA31 model ACOG.[1]

Just so you know, the SOP for a SUSAT breakage is leave the room for 30 minutes after allowing fresh air into the room for said time, then don gloves and pick up the pieces of glass. Its about as radioactive as a Silva compass, but still wouldnt want a lungfull of it.

Hope that all helps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                              Working...
                              X