help with a Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a Project

righto gentlemen i dont want any slander against me because im planning to pull apart an ak 47/74 :D i know what you guys think of ak tampering but...

im planning to convert an original ak aeg to something like this.

i think everything parts wise will be easy to source or at least modify existing parts its just the trigger mechanism im stumbling at any help?

also is there any problems with modding im missing? any help will be great

Thanks in advance guys!

Re: help with a Project

Wouldnt it be a simple rod connecting the trigger?
    Cowboy method FTW

But probably couldnt you wire it up?
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    And no, owning a System doesn't increase the size of your manhood

Comment

That is so mutated its unbelievable, did the doctor give you the wrong 'medicine'?

Comment

haha he did he gave me acid instead of my asthma medication :D and yeah i thought of a rod but also thought there must be a more reliable way

Comment

Trigger isn't really a problem. The trigger itself dosen't need to be part of the gearbox unless you want the trigger to be locked when you put the gun on safe. Otherrwise its just a question of an electrical switch with a high enough rating for the kind of current airsoft kit draws.

Comment

ah yes thats true not sure where i would mount a new switch though any idea?

Comment

forget about the safety.. this is your safety

Originally posted by jonnyhal
              For Sale: very nice heavy springer
              Originally posted by soulflame2
              when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Presumably inside the front end somewhere. Just fit a block of plastic or whatnot into whatever space is available with a switch mounted on such that when the trigger is pulled it presses into the switch. Looking at the picture, I cant imagine there would be anything inside that foregrip/thing to stop you just aralditing something in a convenient place for that to work.

The saftey wouldn't really be a problem either. Just put another switch on it somewhere that means the selector pushes an 'off' button down. More crudely, you could just put a separate off switch on it, which isn't that far from some real guns with separate safteys and fire selectors.

Comment

could i close the old trigger contacts and rig a switch up? or would it continuously fire?

thanks for all the help by the way

Comment

Have you not yet realised there is nowhere for the motor? Smokey's made a kit just like the OP. Look below:

Comment

hmm that is a problem haha and might be able to make the buttplate a bit bigger and stick the motor in there

Comment

Apurturesci is right. The motor placement could be a problem. I dont know how well a V7 gearbox would fit into an AK shell, but having the motor inline like that would certainly help you construct something that would fit it without looking dogy.

Also, no, you cant just close up the original contacts (it would just fire continuously, or die on semi). You can either just leave it (put some lecy tape over the contacts perhaps) and remove the original trigger. Alternatively rewire the gun (as you may need to anyway) and just dont include the original trigger contacts in that.

Comment

Make a Gas blow back version, using a GHK kitted AK74SU, Motor problems go away.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

The buttplate is very big on the smokeys one. It works well though. See if you can copy the design a bit.

Comment

hmm cant say im a big fan of the massive buttplate do you reckon it was by design or necessity?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X