help with a Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with a Project

you talking bout the ris? i did notice it was more of a ramp than a rail =/ but mine wouldnt be like that :D

Comment

would something like this be any easier?

Comment

Is that the back end of a Barret....?

That has to be bolt action, no room for any gearbox behind that mag!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          The hardest part is going to be getting any decent performance without all the parts exactly lined up and secured.

Yes... I'd say nigh on possible without some fairly hardcore machine tools. I wouldn't even start unless I had access to a full workshop.

Without looking at a v3 box, would it be possible to make the required holes in the GB shell in order to relocate the motor? Provided the pinion gear was lined up with the center of the bevel gear for a decent mesh, it could sit at any angle, couldn't it?

As far as I'm aware, the OP image is actually a real weapon. As for starting with a famas... eh?

Originally posted by Another View Post
          Make a Gas blow back version, using a GHK kitted AK74SU, Motor problems go away.
          ^^^ Easiest route.

Comment

yeah its a real weapon alright and in your personal opinion is it a project really worth starting? money wise

Comment

Depends if you REALLY want to make a bullpup AK, their is many easier bullpup guns you could make.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                yeah its a real weapon alright and in your personal opinion is it a project really worth starting? money wise
                Like I said... Unless I had access to a full workshop or could fabricate parts... No.

I envision a lot of cut up/ruined components and no working AEG at the end of it, just a bunch of frustration and wasted cash.

If I had a cnc machine and a bunch of billet aluminium however, game on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey b View Post
                  Depends if you REALLY want to make a bullpup AK, their is many easier bullpup guns you could make.
                  list them please sir :D

i like bullpups but im not a fan of the famas sa80 or aug and wanted somthing a bit different

Comment

Would be hell to make without resorting to gas/AEP principles, but...

Magpul PDR Concept.

Comment

wow curvaceous :D anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                        Like I said... Unless I had access to a full workshop or could fabricate parts... No.

I envision a lot of cut up/ruined components and no working AEG at the end of it, just a bunch of frustration and wasted cash.

If I had a cnc machine and a bunch of billet aluminium however, game on.

do you have a cnc machine and a bunch of billet aluminium?

haha hmm maybe not the greatest idea then, what about the other bullpup i posted?

Comment

It would be nice to see a airsoft H&K G11, that would have plenty of room for a GB.

Bush master M17S, that looks quite easy, if you use a FAMAS base.

I could list thousands, but before you even think about starting, I would draw up some designs, research some more rifles to make and actually use a bullpup rifle (if you already havnt) in a game to make sure your comfortable using one.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah played with a famas a couple of times now there weird but you get used to em, and i was kind of thinking more of an original aeg and turn it into a bullpup otherwise its not really a challenge but at the same time i have some sort of base to start from and cut about

Comment

Well I would still say the FAMAS is the way to go, their are plenty of bullpups out their, that have the same shape as the FAMAS, such as the M17S I listed, just have a look at some rifles on here.

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

If you want a conventional rifle to start from, then it's your choice, each one is going to be as hard as the next.
                              sigpic

Comment

sorry i think i might of confused you, i mean original aegs as in normal "trigger behind the mag" guns and turn em into a bullpup

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X