• Show
Clear All

Re: AUG to Stanag conversion - help

finished pics with mag i would be nice mate, maybe even a vid
    sigpic

Comment

What Joe said!

Well done though, good job. A guide on how to do this in the future might be pretty handy on the forum. Depends how much information you're willing to divulge though!

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

After this i 'clicked' 1 magnets onto each magnet either side and it made a snug fit.

Will do a proper walk through at some point. Possibly testing this Sunday at GZ Woodland to make sure I can properly use it the whole day. I just needed to put something at the back of the magwell to stop wobble or the mag potentially falling out. Just have a couple of bits of cardboard at the moment.

Originally posted by hellbound
        Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

The only problem I see is that with a large enough jolt, the mag may slip ever so slightly and stop the mag from feeding. The magnets work surprisingly well with little attraction on the outside of the replica's body

The biggest bummer is the lack of plastic mid compatibility and the fact that metal debris may accumulate in the magwell. Either way though, it saved some money on new mags xD

Comment

Originally posted by Jackypoos View Post
            Either way though, it saved some money on new mags xD
            Too right, the only mags I found was a set of 5 high caps for $90

Comment

To ensure they sit in the exact same position you could dremel out an area and stick some magnets in the mags?
              Others till I die

Comment

The magwell fits them fairly snugly already, though when inserting the mag he described it as "rolling it in like an AK mag".

It's mainly because of the material that had to be removed at the front of the magwell and the space towards the rear of it.

Comment

I tried it out yesterday (finally) and still needs a little bit of work. It fed about 15 rounds before moving out of place, but the range was still brilliant and finally I just used tape to thicken the mag up to stay which will be my alternative until my other STANAG gun works, I managed a high cap until my trigger contacts messed up again, but will continue to think and would appreciate any ideas and help given.

Comment

have you looked at a battleaxe g36 m4 magwell converter? (or any other manufacturer for that matter)
                    this will give a stable area to support your mags, and then you will be able to use the mag release built into the side of the mag well converter if you are sneeky enough.
                    Signature Removed

Comment

NECRO POST!

My ideas are running slim for this as I thought I had it working but after about 15 rounds the mag loosens and cannot source a new receiver so has anyone got a lightbulb over their head about this?

Comment

Check the spare parts section and hope somebody is selling a Aug body, only option I can think of.

Comment

Sorry, you probably skipped over my idea for a reason but..

using a g36 - m4 magwell converter would give you the necessary platform to hold a stanag, not only this but you could get a working mag release out of it.
                          all it would take it trimming the feed nossle to line up with the one you araldited in there.
                          and it should be thin enough to sit somewhere on the AUG's body without looking out of place.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

i'll give that a go mate, sorry I completely forgot :L do you also mean to dremel out a hole in the side for the mag release?

Comment

Just an idea here..

Why not buy some 2mm thick plasticard and trace around the profile of the mag.

Once you have cut this out, you can then do the same for the inner of the magwell.. Effectively making a 'sleeve'.

Glue this into place in the magwell and you should stop all wobble. If you layer this with magnets, it should also act to keep the mags in place.

Still no means of keeping the mags in place without taking a dremel to the outside of the AUG...

Edit: Probably a bit late for this, but if you look about KingArms do AUG midcaps, 110 rounds, at £27 for 5..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrammarNazi75 Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Find out more about GrammarNazi75
                              Working...
                              X