Clear All

Re: RC-XD With flashlight and more..

Keeping on topic, we strapped a remote det to an rc-xd for giggles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZlA2LxmmkQ

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
      Um.... hate to burst your bubble mate but not all UAVs are for blowing shit up and killing people. We use a UAV in afghan that is completely unarmed, but still manages to show us ground sign without riskin blokes legs and bollocks.
      Thankyou for UAV lesson, im the bloke whos on the ground using them..... So i know exactly the capabilities, maybe have a check on a users background before trying to piss on their chips...

Using a rc plane for video would be even more ridiculous, hence the firing example....

Cheers tho..
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Post up some pictures of it mate and i'll see what I can recommend :-)

Comment

TBH Steve, you're more likely to get useful comments if you posted on a how-to site. I'd be more than willing to help you with the project. I have an old helium blimp bomber we could cannibalise for a remote det system...

Comment

Tbh mate the range on signal for those if its one outa the cod Package are ....wel shite lol
            Youve got better chance buying a good eletric rc 4x4 which will have enuff power to move the weight of what ever you strap to it
            In terms ofstapping somthing to itfollow the ideaof cod
            Once the rc xd is lay down i internal timer begin which after ....... Boom!
            Why not buy yourself one of those bfg's and set it so the timer wont go offor say 20 seconds ?
            Or cheaper alternative strap a load of pyro to it flashs , smokes and dried pea ball nades and bobs your uncle
            Just be prepared that the contacts you try to take out will get pissy because as said previously it will be basically invincible
            But good luck

Comment

Slum,

Seek has a wireless camera with NV (you probably have seen it). You could probably use something similar to remotely control it.
              The claymore idea is from hell, so, try it, as it might have some effect.

But remember one thing, not everybody will like this.

Lastly
              Son... Im dissapoint
              My youtube channel

Comment

i think he might of finished it by now

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Pro note for OP -
                  Convert the car to use 40MHZ radio systems, they have much more penetration and range than the (i believe) stock 2.4ghz
                  then add a nice 10,000mah 2s lipo, 3800kv brushless motor and a 500w 1.3ghz FPV setup and blam you have yourself an awsome, fast and long range RC-XD

disclaimer - any injuries to people through excessive speed is nothing to do with my suggestion for super fast motors :P
                  Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                  Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
                    i think he might of finished it by now
                    Nope, he never bothered with it. Still sitting in his kit bag the same as when this thread started.

Comment

I have had similar thoughts about this project and my RCXD arrived in the post the other day. Brand new never used too :D
                      There are a few problems: turning circle is a bit crap given that the best place for this will be in tight corridors at CQB sites.
                      Camera frame rate is terrible especially at high speeds so you kind of have to slow down every now and again to get a clear picture.

Now the main gripe I'm hearing is that people will get pissed as its invincible. Easily fixed. To make things fair, I'm going to mount a switch panel to the top that people can shoot to detonate the charge (probably paint red and make a reasonable size to make things easier)

That way people can protect themselves and adds the extra fun that you could kill yourself if you shoot it when you're in the kill zone.

Don't know why people are getting negative - anything to change things up a bit no?

Comment

Sorry if I'm hijacking the OP's thread but thought it would make more sense rather than starting a new one. My wireless relay switch finally arrived from china today! Have my hobby box and the 12v circuit I'll need already set up and ready to go. Just for fun I went for the 4-channel kit. This may not let me set up other devices (unless I figured out how to set up the same frequency on the multiple receivers) but it does let me do something pretty nifty by adding more functionality.

So here's the plan:

1 channel for setting off charge (naturally)
                        1 channel for activating flashlight (I'm thinking infrared LED bank for night shoots as It'l be too low for normal bulbs to blind anyone anyway)
                        1 channel for loiter mode :D I had originally intended to just make a remote det. kit but it occured to me that diffusing could be pretty easy. So I got myself a motion sensor relay switch. Tamper proof! Now this would be useless when the vehicle was in motion but I could easily set it up and walk away. Anyone bumping into it or picking it up and BOOM! Setting this up to a tripwire would be really easy and little or no chance to setting it off yourself during set-up thanks to remote activation.
                        1 channel for sound grenade (One of those keychain rape alarms) - just for fun. May even have this set up to go off at the same time as the charge (which should have a bit of a delay) as a warning if anyone's holding it.

Now the first thing that occurs to me is that I will have to limit charge size as well as make sure than gasses are dissipated safely considering that someone could pick it up thereby setting it off. Motion sensor is incredibly sensitive so its unlikely that anyone will have their hands wrapped around it when it goes off. To further increase safety I intend on clearly marking exhaust ports and positioning them away from usual handholds. There is also the concern that the force of the explosion could mess with delicate electronics so theres another reason to make sure the bang is a relatively small one.

In a perfect world I would like this to fire 9mm blanks to make running it cheap but that will surely involve servos and messing around with one of those BFG mines. I do have .22 spring fired one to hand so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make a reliable mechanism I'm all ears.

Alternatively I'm thinking about using those tiny cheap firecrackers about 3-4cm long and setting off the ignition strip with a bit of fuse wire wrapped around it. Could be pretty cheap to run then and definitely the lower-tech solution.

Sooooo... any thoughts?

Comment

UPDATE

Remote detonator is up and running and loiter mode is working too. You can see ima redges that everything should run off the one 12v battery pack. The red LED indicates when the motion sensor has been tripped and the key switch on top cuts the power. The red switch resets the motion sensor relay switch. Its a bit too sensitive to be honest. The vibration caused by the relay when its switched on remotely can set off the motion sensor. Easy fix is to hold down the reset while switching on the sensor and slowly release it and hey presto - system is armed!

Just waiting on getting the infrared LED's which I will probably just mount directly into the front of the hobby box. Also have to get hold of a sound grenade. The wife won't let me use her's which is probably sensible.

Have also sorted out the field of view problem with this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-3in1-...item2a2d93c977

Wide angle mobile phone lens should do the trick.

Have plenty of pics and will update them when I get the chance

- - - Updated - - -

20131116_165448_1.jpg20131116_165418_1.jpg20131116_165111_1.jpg20131116_165032_1.jpg20131116_164841_1.jpg20131116_162035_1.jpg
                          Last edited by Polarblair; 16 November, 2013, 17:25. Reason: accidently posted same thing twice instead of build update

Comment

Believe it or not but there is little or no space left in that project box after batteries and circuit boards. Luckily the weight isn't much so it doesn't affect the running. Also rather than integrate it into the RCXD I think I'll keep it as a detachable unit
                            I have discovered a major downside to both the controller and the RCXD - they take 6 AA batteries EACH.
                            So I'm looking for some advice as to replacing both with these rechargeable cells.
                            Will this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-6v-1000m...item3f2a43dc56

A - give me enough power and enough duration
                            B - not fry the internals. There looks to be some pretty delicate circuitry I bet could be easy to fry.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slumzy Find out more about Slumzy
                            Working...
                            X