X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgraded BAR-10 under performing

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
    by the sounds of it ,

the piston has the wrong size oring , remove it if is lose or if it moves freely , and replace it for a tighter fitting one , but make sure it can still move in the cylinder with ease or with a little help from lithium grease ...

with the fps drop ,
    take these steps to ensure air seal complete

PTFE tape the cylinder head thread and oring , go around 7 times but tigtly so can still see the thread under it , PUT THE AIR BRAKE BACK IN , if it is full leave it as it is...

on the hop unit , on the inside of it , polish it , with either brasso or silvo and a polish drum on a dremmel , with the hop rubber on the barrel where the rubber ends and the barrel begins , wrap PTFE around this about 3 times , but again tightly, this stop air leak.
    replace in the hop unit and re build,

that will boost fps and consistancy greatly , and with the 150 spring and all the upgrades you have , even with a rubbish barrel the fps should be around 450ish , then add a PDI .03 or vanaras .02 and then the fps will be around 470 with extremely better groupings .

hope that helps mate
    lolwuut? :p Some of that sounds a tad ominous guard =] not sure

In my experience Laylax o-rings tend to be this loose. As long as it doesn't slide out of the groove but is just loose then that's how it should be. Although I always felt that they did seem too loose. I don't think you need to replace it unless it's really hanging off.

Not sure about polishing the inside, never heard of anyone doing this, doesn't sound like a good idea to me if I'm honest...

And as for spring, I have a Laylax 130 and achieve 500fps...

And as for barrel, PDI are great, vanaras not so much. Go for either an EDGI barrel or a PDI barrel, but if you don't have the money a Laylax 6.03 will do.

From PDI or EDGI get a 6.01, they make brilliant barrels...get the most out of their quality. 6.01 will up your fps, and I've found them to be the most accurate, as long as they are kept clean.

PTFE mods sound ok, they're worth doing, although a decent hop and rubber, and a better hop arm will do you much better. Check out ASR, look for newbie's TDC adjuster or the over sized hop up arms, and even the Tru Fit bucking when it's out.
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

he ptfe mod should be done mate , as will give massive airseal improvement,

people have polished the standard hop unit so its smoother and easier to keep the hop rubber seated giving more constant shots,

the laylax orings mate arent meant to be too loose, but if they are really streched and one part can be lifted out more then 3mm replace it , as it will deform when travelling upthe bolt ,

hense why saying with the power issue mate ,

my l96 is running with a 150 spring in , and it on border of 510 with the pdi unit , and 490 with standard unit , so with the laylax piston ,and air brake installed , should be over 450 easy no matter what barrel ,

aribos had my old 140 spring and his is reaching 450, and that with the red piston and 6.04 barrel

id really check the air seals mate , and the o ring .

Comment

i wouldnt ptfe tapping the rubber/barrel,instead whip it with some fine thread,this will give a better seal(ptfe isnt for sealing airtight,its to hold threading),then maby wrap some ptfe tape over,but only a little.

if the spring is the wrong way around it will drop fps also.

replace the o-ring on thr layalx piston as its crap,the stock o-ring will work alot better.

have to disagree with both of you on the barel front aswell.... stay away from 6.01 barrels there over raited,ive had both a pdi and edgi 6.01 and went back to the marui 6.04 as it gave better results,be it with a big fps drop(the marui gives around 486 +/-3 in my vsr where as the pdi 6.01 gave 545 +/-1)

as taylor said check out asr,as theres alot of guys on there that know hat there doing,especialy modding wise
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

twine sounds abit cowboy-ish , tie it too tight you slice into the rubber , too loose stil air seal problem ,

i never said a .01 barrel been advised to stick with .03 or .05 from pdi , or vanaras and only my l96 has .01 from egdi and works great my other has .03 in it .

and my uses of ptfe are better then teflon tape where u have to heat it slighty and lightly to create a seal making platform ...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rookie Find out more about Rookie
          Working...
          X