X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

he has the vc cylinder set and experienced the things i sayed
    thats why im worried about buying that set

im planning on getting the hd one but for now ill settle on standard piston spring guide,cylinder and head

ill worry about the pdi upgrades on a later date but could someone prove this (Apparently the derelin on both vc and hd piston wears away quickly
    Also the o ring wears away or something after 100 or so bbs) wrong

thanks
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Try not to mix laylax and PDI, they dont really like each other that much.

That said remember if you buy PDI vacuum ones especially you have to buy the spring guide, piston and all as the springs are different widths and even if you get the right one without the spring guide the piston doesn't work properly.

I have the Laylax piston, spring and spring guide combined with the SHS? (AH) sears. They work fine and hold my m145 spring fine.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

No one can prove what your friend says is wrong, what I can tell you is my fully PDI upgraded Bar 10 has fired way more than 100 rounds and shows no signs of wear at all.
        He either got a lemon or didn't lube/assemble it properly or you misunderstood what he meant.

Comment

he had the tapered cylinder head and the o ring was rubbish
          i think ill go for laylax piston,cylinder head, cylinder damper, spring guide and barrel
          thanks guys
          oh and i dont mind mixing pdi sears with pistons after all if the upgrades can cope with tm then upgrades should cope with other upgrades

Comment

laylax sears i believe are cheaper than PDI anyways so just best to go all out laylax.

Also, there is no need for a laylax cylinder head really and i found that a teflon cylinder is hardly any smootherthan a standard cylinder

I would just go for a laylax spring guide, spring, piston, sears, nineball hop rubber and laylax tightbore barrel and silence it all however you wish.

Goodluck

Comment

• Already bought pdi sears as I couldnt find laylax ones

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                Already bought pdi sears as I couldnt find laylax ones
                I'm running PDI sears with laylax internals and its running like a dream.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good a's I'm going down the laylax route

Comment

Yeah they will work together but surprised they are out of stock so much

Hope it goes well for you

Comment

Any know size and source of screws to replace the ones all over my bar10?

Comment

Hi people.

My TM VSR-10 has recently started playing up! No idea why as it has been running perfectly fine.
                        The problem as best it can describe it is: While cocking the gun (pulling back the bolt) it sometimes doesnt cock the gun, and other times while trying to cock the gun, the bolt gets jammed out, and i have to pull the trigger to make it snap back to its default position.
                        when it first did this it snapped back with such force it snapped my safety lever off :/
                        i think it maybe the sears not catching the piston?
                        but i honestly have no idea about the internals although i am learning!

ANY Help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
                        dont know whats brought it on.

Thanks.
                        Dan

Comment

Is the initial guide out of date now? The zero trigger is unavailable now it seems and i can't find UK retailers or sear sets.

Comment

can't work out how to edit above

I see zero one stock PDI sears

would trigger sear and piston sear suffice for a 150SP?

Comment

to the man above. Yes. The sears are gonna last you years on a 150. Mine are fine even after many many many thousands of shots.
                              There are laylax things available every now and again, but the demand seems to outweigh supply at the moment...

Danjenks: It could be many many things. First thing: if you've got a laylax spring guide, make sure the two components are screwed together properly. Second, make sure that everything is assembled correctly. If screws arent tight enough, or the stock is placed incorrectly, or the cylinder head isnt screwed on, that could cause it.

But you are probably right regarding the sears. if they are stock then they will eventually go and you will have to change em. If you've got a spring smaller than the 120sp in there, you only really need to change the piston sear (the smaller of the two sears) but if you're upgrading the fps, you may as well stick in the trigger sear as well. Taking the rifle apart isn't hard. There are just screws and springs that you need to keep a close eye on. There are obviously two stock screws: the front screw is shorter than the back.

The trigger unit has two screws holding it to the receiver. The trigger guard comes off at this point too. When you are holding the trigger unit, and you look at the top, you'll see a long grey peice of metal, and a smaller piece of grey metal sticking out of it (poking up from the trigger unit). This is the trigger and piston sear respectively.
                              the trigger unit itself has five screws i think i recall - and one has a spring underneath (not under much tension- it wont go ping). Make sure you remember which screw comes from where.
                              When the screws are out, the trigger unit comes apart, BUT make sure that its flat on a surface, because there are some right fiddly little springs in there.

WHEN you take a gun apart, 99% of the time you'll never get the safety to work again without a shed load of time on your hands.

Anyways, the "isntructions" above are dreadful, theyre just a few tips. When you open up the vsr, just remember that the only thing that goes wrong is you lose a bit so be careful!! it really is actually quite simple. When i first did it i took photos to make sure i remember where bits go.

*EDIT: to the man above, the sears will be fine, but you might also want to invest in a spring guide, a high pressure piston and a cylinder head. The stock tm parts may or may not last on a 150, it varies from person to person.
                              Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Thank alot for getting back to my post Rogue9
                                I really do think what youve said will sort it if i go through it all. So when i get time i will have a good look at my gun and hopefully will be able to sort out the problem!

Thanks again!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X