Warrior L96 wont cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warrior L96 wont cock

right, open the other internal box up mate, NOT moving any parts, compare the two

also the trigger lever spring maybe in the wrong slot, try the slot infront of its present one as there are two grooves on the sear end

Comment

thanks guard. Just fixed it.

Theres a spring on each side of that sear, I had put one in properly, but the other one was the wrong spring. When they guy sent this back, hes left out a spring. So I had 3 springs instead of 4.

Just noticed that one is actually a different shape (and not just bent like i originally though) and that sits on the right hand side of the sear. That spring, prevents the sear from moving forwards past a vertical position. While the other keeps it sprung so it can engage the piston.

So all that was wrong was that I had the wrong spring on the sear on one side, so that it was allowed to ride forwards, and then it wont engage with the piston.

The problem i explained i didnt do a very good job of either. What was actually happening, was I was pulling the bolt all the way back, but because the sear has learnt forwards, it didnt catch the piston on the way back, and so doesnt lock back. So what was actually 'blocking' me in the first place, was the end of the bolt!

All back together, and firing beautifully. Thanks for all the pointers and helps, once again I am saved by the forum :D

Comment

no worries mate,

hopefully she works for a while

Comment

yeah functioning much more solidly than before as well. See no reason why it should break from now on!

Comment

Glad to hear it mate,

enjoy

Comment

sadly I wont as its been sold a couple of hours ago, but im sure the buyer will have a great time with it!

Comment

ah,
                least has been fixed mate

and will get more money due to being 100% working

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                Working...
                X