Good Beginner Weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Beginner Weapons?

Not until you get ukara or prove yourself to be a regular skirmisher because painting a two tone without a valid defense is classified by law as manufacturing a rif

Comment

Whereabouts do you live because there is a site in Essex that does junior membership. And also a site nr Watford that does evening games for 15 pounds walk on plus hire charges which is a cheap way to get your ukara if you do three visits

Comment

Don't you have to be 18 to get UKARA though?
        and I don't mind getting a two-tone just so long as it's decent.
        And i live in the south, hampshire and my friends have reccomended places like ****** ***** or ground zero

Comment

Also keeping on the subject of guns if i were to get into it and move into higher price ranges say £150-ish and be looking at new guns what do you think would be a good one I could take to skirmishes?
          and what do you thinks better this:
          http://www.************.net/two-tone...oft-rifle.html
          or this:
          http://www.************.net/gandg-m4...-two-tone.html7

both are £159.95

Comment

A two tone is exactly the same as a RIF in terms of performance (a G&P Sentry in two tone is the same as one without) its just the external parts are painted differently. Yes you will need to be able to purchase any Airsoft Gun of any kind, but someone over 18 can buy a two tone and gift it to you. For example a relative or friend can gift you the gun on your Birthday or Christmas without a UKARA provided it is two toned, it will be yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
              Eh, I was using it as a verb before I had the internet (which was only what, five years ago for me? xD Was a latecomer lol)
              But you don't gift something to someone. You give someone something as a gift. I'd have thought you'd know this, since you're from cambridge, like the dictionary!

Comment

Originally posted by plainlazy44 View Post
                But you don't gift something to someone. You give someone something as a gift. I'd have thought you'd know this, since you're from cambridge, like the dictionary!
                You see, in my mind I do gift people things, I like the way it sounds.

And my degree is biology, not English. xD
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I would say, humble opinion only, that if you give someone something free of charge, you have indeed "gifted " it to them . ..erm maybe. (will this start a war) lol.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Back on subject though, as I said earlier, you won't go far wrong with a G&G combat machine, they're a really good gun, try and get one with the clear body, they're much less conspicuous, and yet still qualify as two tone.
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

What do you think would be better a G&G CM15 Raider, G&G GR-16 carbine or a G&G M4A1 carbine?

Comment

CM15 Raider in my opinion its a rugged and reliable AEG.

Comment

G&G don't make a gun called an 'M4A1 carbine' so far as I can tell. That used to be because of licensing issues, but in the end Colt lost a court case and it was held that 'M4' was a generic term for a carbine AR-15. Anyway, your gun selection is a mess. G&G guns beginning with prefix 'CM' are Combat Machines, G&G's most basic weapons, with a plastic body and no blowback or recoil features. G&G guns with the prefix GR are blowback guns, sporting an internal approximation of blowback (but no recoil).

Out of all Combat Machine guns, your choices would be CM16 Carbine (M4A1) or the CM16 Raider (roughly approximating an M4A1 CQBR), which are very similar internally (just inner barrel between them, I think). As to those, I would personally get the CM16 Carbine. If you paint just the handguard and stock bright colours I'd say you were getting on for 51% (might need to do the pistol grip too) which means when you have UKARA you can just REPLACE those parts with unpainted originals and the gun is good to go. It also looks a lot neater to have parts like the stock and handguard (which can be sprayed separately) the two-toned bits.

If you have the money for the additional bolt-on bits (optic, VFG, railcovers, PEQ-15 etc) that a railed gun like the Raider or Raider-L will need to look good, then don't buy a Combat Machine, buy a TopTech.

Comment

I'll throw in my two pence/cents on the subject:

For a rifle, M4/M16 or an AK, both are very common
                            For an SMG/PDW (sub machine gun/personal defence weapon), MP5 or P90
                            If extra weight isn't too much of a problem, SCAR-H or M14

These are just some of the weapons available on the market, with price tags for just about any budget.
                            Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

With £160 you could be lucky and get a £300+ gun second hand. I got my Ares Scar l for that price by bringing it down from £280. Yes, i know it sounds crazy but..

Comment

Was having a chat with a few people the other day about this, and as a whole, the G36c is probably the best starter gun availible in airsoft. Why? Because as a package if kind of comes with everything in the box. Top rail for optics, side and bottom rails, wide option of sling mounts, foldable stock, compact size for both CQB and woodland and has the better designed hop up unit (barrel type).

Now all that sounds fairly standard, but considering if you wanted the same setup buying a basic M4, you'd need to buy a sling plate, ris front grip and a folding front sight to get rid of annoying sight post. It's a 1960's design after all and things have moved on. Although yes the top handle does come off you will also find that most red dots sit too low on the rail to use with a mesh lower face mask on, where as the G36c rail is higher. Don't let any of this put you off the M4 if thats your fav gun, just be aware you'll spend more money to get the same features.

The G36c coming in stock at 310fps is perfect. JG used to be the go to brand for starter G36c's, but SRC is the new king, as you get a far better gun for only a small amount more, grab a battery from the *your shop of choice goes here* and you're a one man army not to be stopped. Recommended.
                                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X