Longer range AEG choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longer range AEG choices?

With that in mind the Masada comes in a short and long barrel version. I wonder if the range of the shorter barrelled is the same?

Comment

I hate to restate things that have been said a million times, barrel length has very little effect on range in airsoft. A good hop is far more important.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by NoHero View Post
        With that in mind the Masada comes in a short and long barrel version. I wonder if the range of the shorter barrelled is the same?
        I doubt very much that you'd notice any difference at all.

Another thing that's worth mentioning is that the type of woodland will influence the range needed. I've played in the woods where engagement ranges have been almost arms length and other times where the only people in range have upgraded sniper rifles.

Match your gun to your needs and you'll be OK and if, at the end of the day, you're out of range then you just need to get closer!
        sigpic

Comment

Good advice,

I play quite sneaky, unless I'm at cqb sites. I've had a recent hankering to play a bit more ranged hence this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CptMidlands View Post
            TM Mk23 Socom
            This, I'm impressed with the range on my Mk23, love it to bits lol.
            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Real sword guns all of them have v good range out of the box . Type 97 is the best though , fit a tightbore and it is matching sniper range , hop is not everything on a gun !! You need consistent fps as well to keep the groupings tight . And real sword excell at quality well put together guns that no other manufacturer can match in terms of finish or internal build

Comment

So, in a nutshell, every RIF has excellent range and they're all better than each other.

/thread.

Comment

Type 97 ,aug,m14 , p90 and most bullpups have the longest range out of the box . Most of the other guns with mods can match them if you spend money on them . But if you spend money and mod the aforementioned guns they are exceptional woodland guns rather than average

Comment

Nearly forgot m-16 !!

Comment

everything is better than everything, except the classic army p90. dont buy that for the love of god.
                      virtually anything firing consistently will do the job as you will get to know where the rounds will hit.
                      couple that witha madbull 6.03 and blue rubber and youll be sorted.
                      if you feel like changing the hop unit itself go either for a TM one, or a G&G one. the g&g ones are nice and stiff so dont lose their settings easily. the TM one is a tad easier to move but just works really well.
                      id go for a G&G M16, maybe even the combat machine one as its a nice solid gun and the G&G hop rubbers are damn nice. that and a factory fitted 6.05 give nice groupings!
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NoHero Find out more about NoHero
                      Working...
                      X