Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plate carrier set-ups

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
    The rest of it seems fine, the straps on the triple are just in the wrong place...

Thanks for checking, Just emailed them and asked to return it

Comment

Hold up everyone! Looks like its a cummerbund style on the sides

That Velcro in the 2nd picture, is it a large flap? Can you lift it up? There may be an adjustment system under there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        Hold up everyone! Looks like its a cummerbund style on the sides

That Velcro in the 2nd picture, is it a large flap? Can you lift it up? There may be an adjustment system under there.

There are further molle columns to the left, in the bottom picture. But if I was to make the PC any tighter, the mag pouch wouldn't fit properly I don't think?

- - - Updated - - -

Would you recommend I use a dump pouch with the Pc I have? I don't really like the idea of bags hanging off and things moving about, but there isn't really anywhere else to dump empty mags, and batteries etc..

Comment

I use a fold up dump pouch, works perfectly.
          It doesn't move at all until you first need it.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWT View Post
            Pc set ups are very personal, heres mine to give you an idea, im right handed btw just reverse it for lefty

All mag pouches are middle or left, you see the close top ones are in the middle there are 2 reasons for this
            A. There to bulky for the side and every time you bring your gun up youll hit it with your arm.
            B. see below

My open mag pouches are closer to the left and are DA pouches made for quicker removal of the magazine, these are my main pouched i use onces ive used to 2 mags in these i then place the empty ones in to the closed pouch and put the full ones back in the DA pouch, it sounds a faf but i hate dump pouches! Its pretty simple once youve done it a few times.
            The DA pouches, are they the ones with the mechanism that pushes the rear mag to the front?

Comment

+1 for fold up dump pouches - I have the warrior one that takes up one molle row and goes really small. It stays stowed for woodland games, but when I'm doing CQB it's down almost constantly just in case (and it does get used).

I've got five or six flyye and their straps are all spot on (admittedly on a flyye rig), the warrior pouches I have fit on it easily as well so either they are all off spec in the same way or they are correctly spaced.

Edit - here's mine:

It's got built in pouches to hold 6 or 12 m4 mags depending on how tightly you do the belt, and then ive got the dump pouch on my left, pistol mag pouches, 40mm nade pouches and a pistol holster. Yeah its crowded but it does work. I've then got my little admin pouch (velcro molle, best of both worlds!) to put paper/cyalumes (but only on night games)/gumshield/car keys in.

It's also got a built in single point bungee sling that I bodged together using a bungee and some fasteners i bought from ebay :D
              Last edited by dave38x; 14 March, 2013, 17:56.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

would anybody recommend soaking my Pc in hot water to loosen the materials up a bit?

When I tried it on, I crouched and the shoulder straps kind of stay in the air, instead of following your shoulders.

Comment

I doubt that would work. It just needs wearing in really!

Comment

A pretty old one to be honest.

A picture would really help us see what you mean in regards to the strap issue!

Comment

I think Ben's probably right in the case that it just needs wearing in to loosen it up.

Comment

Originally posted by trigger happy View Post
                        would anybody recommend soaking my Pc in hot water to loosen the materials up a bit?

When I tried it on, I crouched and the shoulder straps kind of stay in the air, instead of following your shoulders.
                        Are the shoulder straps adjusted as far forward as they can ?

Comment

Originally posted by lf16 View Post
                          Are the shoulder straps adjusted as far forward as they can ?

They were, How are you actually supposed to have the velcro padded straps? sitting directly on your shoulders about half-way?

I think I just need to mess around with it and wear it in and it'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by trigger happy View Post
                            They were, How are you actually supposed to have the velcro padded straps? sitting directly on your shoulders about half-way?

I think I just need to mess around with it and wear it in and it'll be fine
                            I have mine directly ontop and this helps to fill the gap. Also if you can adjust more try that.took me ages to get mine snug.
                            And In real world they would have plates and ammo weighing it down

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                            Working...
                            X