is this a good next GBBR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
    Is the V1 supposed to be better than the V2? I don't know if I've ever seen them distinguished before.
    V2 NPAS is only used and will only fit in the alu nozzle, it was thought to be the spring used with the combination of alu nozzle and V2 NPAS that was causing issues, and to a point the guy that I was following on YouTube fixed the issue by installing a standard spring but it still wasn't up to the standard of the plastic nozzle fitted with a V1 NPAS.

What I would like to see is someone with a bit more dish than me try to fit a V1 NPAS into an alu nozzle and post some results, that is if it fits.

If it does work I'd be all over the alu nozzle nozzle like a rash.

Your link to "launching nozzles" that appears to be in regards to closed bolt rifles, not open bolt, as its 3 years old and not being able to see the pic the guy posted up points towards that fact too.

Comment

Re: is this a good next GBBR?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      That wasnt the Inokhatsu, it was Ratechs 'Custom' ones. The knights/stoner/whatever it is one they make and sell as their own.
      It's either 90 or 100% Inokatsu - made by Taiwan Deer to Inokatsu's specifications. As far as I know, the only thing other than the markings that's changed is that Inokatsu's relationship with Taiwan Deer collapsed (just like it did with Viper) and now Taiwan Deer are making them for somebody else. That someone happens to be RA-Tech. Since RA-Tech were the OEM for Inokatsu's bolts, it's likely that everything from the 2011/2012 Inokatsus is still being made by exactly the same people, it's just not called an Inokatsu any more.

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
      RA-Tech make very average steel FCG parts and valve control parts from a not particularly good grade of steel, with a modified geometry (why on earth they did it, I have no idea)
      TSC make very hard steel FCG parts and valve control parts with terrible QC (avoid!)
      CWI make the best steel FCG parts and valve control parts currently available for the WE platform
      My assessment exactly.

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
      What are those CO2 magazines like for the WA systems and how are they for overall skirmishability?
      They're very new, but they've got excellent user reviews over on GGi, and so they should given how bloody expensive they are! Apparently they're also easy to work on, and since they're made by/with/some sort of incestous orgy involving some, all or none of Viper, CWI and EB-Tech, they're well made too.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        No you can't upgrade the hop unit, but why would you, even without a hop rubber change its a decent enough unit in itself, with an RA-tech hop rubber you can't fault it.

Other than that its perfect, and until it blows itself into next week nobody is going to convince me otherwise, I came back into GBBRs after having a bad experience with an AGM M4, my first port of call was WE, since then I've had nothing but (with the exeption of things that WE dont make like an MP7) and don't see myself changing anytime soon.
        Admittedly the performance is fine for WE hop units, but my main concern is you have a large amount of steel/aluminium crashing into your hop unit and barrel extension. You can only replace those parts, so when it breaks or deforms after long term usage (seen it happen to my own GBBR as well as more than a few others) you can't get an upgrade.

Also I'm not surprised you have a bad taste in your mouth after owning an AGM as they are by design, crap.
        Even if you upgrade everything in them there's no guarantee they'll work anywhere near as well as their more expensive counterparts because of their terrible tolerances.

Anyway, the RA-tech WE might be alright for some and if you think that's what you want then you should go for it.

Comment

Ohhh the AGM M4 was my very 1st dip into the world of GBBRs, and very nearly my last, if it wasn't for the WE G39c I would still be an AEG man

Comment

I guess I have had good luck with my AGM then as I've had no issues.....although I suppose I've cheated a little as all the working parts have been replaced with g&p stuff and I run co2 and an npas so temperature is never an issue
            Originally posted by Mike581
            L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
            Originally posted by mark2191
            i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
            "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Just a point on trades. I won't pretend I'm anything like an expert, I'm just commenting on what I've seen, but a lot of the deact M4's I've seen for sale, 'supposedly' straight out of military stores or ex combat rifles have no trades apart from a serial number. I've NEVER seen a real steel military rifle emblazoned with skulls (or skull frogs), zombie heads what have you......now, again, I'm not saying they're not out there, I'm sure many, if not all, civilian models have prancing ponies and other phallic enhancing symbols of power, but every military weapon I see is extremely low key. In my eyes this makes the (lack of) markings on the WE quite authentic.

Comment

Originally posted by No Probs View Post
                I guess I have had good luck with my AGM then as I've had no issues.....although I suppose I've cheated a little as all the working parts have been replaced with g&p stuff
                Yep, that should do the trick.

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                Just a point on trades. I won't pretend I'm anything like an expert, I'm just commenting on what I've seen, but a lot of the deact M4's I've seen for sale, 'supposedly' straight out of military stores or ex combat rifles have no trades apart from a serial number. I've NEVER seen a real steel military rifle emblazoned with skulls (or skull frogs), zombie heads what have you......now, again, I'm not saying they're not out there, I'm sure many, if not all, civilian models have prancing ponies and other phallic enhancing symbols of power, but every military weapon I see is extremely low key. In my eyes this makes the (lack of) markings on the WE quite authentic.
                Nah. Like you say, the WE doesn't just lack a rollmark, it lacks a serial number (good luck finding a military rifle without a serial number) and a manufacturer's mark (likewise). 'Skullfrog' and similar markings are civilian homages to favoured military units - the actual unit, of course, must use the rifles issued to them, and armies aren't in the habit of engraving weapons with fanciful unit designations and the like (HK Mk.23 excepted). However, while armies don't engrave unit designations on their rifles, manufacturers certainly engrave their logos instead. Here's a US Army-issued Colt M4 rollmark:

You'll note both the rollmark, the serial number, and the small section (top right) of the manufacturer's mark ("COLT DEFENSE HARTFORD, CONN. U.S.A."), all of which are missing from the WE. Here's a photo of a soldier holding a rifle with the same rollmark, straight from the US Army's own website. Newer M4s and M4A1s will also carry the mark of their manufacturer, FN:

(That photo is of an issued M4A1 with a receiver probably originally rollmarked 'M16A4' and remarked 'M4 CARBINE' when FN actually issued it.)

The only military weapons that have as few markings as the WE's are 'deniable' or 'sanitized' weapons that are delivered by the manufacturer without markings, and there aren't many of those around.

Comment

Then the WE rifles are for black ops operators

Comment

Well, I'm not going to argue, all I'm saying is EVERY 'military' M4 I've seen for sale (and I'm talking deacts now) are without markings. I have a feeling those guns weren't black ops weapons

Comment

I've just bought my first GBBR, Its the WE M4 CQB. After reading all the comments above, All im going to add to it now is NPAS for obvious reasons. I'll then see how it performs over a few days out and take it from there. I've found a pretty decent GBB company that i've had recommended that does good WE internal upgrades so if needed i'll send it over to them.

Comment

The only other thing I would suggest to upgrade is the recoil spring, get a nice light one for winter, heavier for summer

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
                        Originally posted by Mike581
                        L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                        Originally posted by mark2191
                        i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                        "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Regarding the Aluminuim nozzle, i found the fps is all over the place. Ive set my M4 to 320, and its jumped from 290 to 310,320,360,320...its veryy unstable. I also tried to switch the springs as you have seeen in video and i noticed that the spring in the RA one is stiffer than the one on the plastic nozzle which beats the objective..still i changed mine cus my plastic nozzle broke 4 times and during long games BB's would jam the nozzle.
                          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

a 30 fps difference really isnt a lot. Its a large number, but what it means 15+ metres down the range is very little

Comment

In CQB ranger is not issue, but in woodland it is..
                              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

It affects how much effect the hop unit has...
                                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                                Working...
                                X