Which GBB To choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which GBB To choose?

It's going to be a sniper backup and for use when enemies are inside your MED so you want a reliable pistol which will work pretty much all year around.
    That rules out all of your choices I'm afraid.
    WE Hi crapas suffer from terrible gas efficiency and cool down and have very sluggish blow back unless you go for either a 3.8 or one of those with the cut slides.
    WE 1911s suffer from the same poor gas efficiency and cool down but it's less noticeable with the 15 round mags.
    The KJW M9 is probably the best of the bunch but I have seen quite a lot of them suffer from leaky mags, sticking slides and general unreliability.
    All of those pistols would be able to be turned into something half decent if you're willing to spend a little time fine tuning them but IMO why settle for something half decent when you can get something perfect off the shelf?

If I were you I'd go with a TM Hi-Capa or 1911 (probably not the 1911 for sniper backup mind you) or a KSC System 7 M9 or Glock of some description.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
      +1 for TM 1911. Point and click.
      What he said :D Plus, it's one of the nicest looking GBBs out there.
      Last edited by Marui_Man; 14 March, 2010, 20:51.

Comment

KSC USP compact S7 they have metal slide so you can have your metal "fix"
        Sale
        Stuff for sale
        Want
        M93R stock, G&G M93R compensator, G&P URX II mid rail system

Comment

hmmm, well if i was going to go down the TM path i think i'd be getting the desert eagle, anyone got any opinion on that?:]
          sigpic

Comment

Nice but more a showpiece than anything due to its size. That and the fact that if youre going for a specific loadout then it wont really work unless youre going as bullet tooth tony!
            sigpic

Comment

i love the look of the deagle , ever since i was young i was just like 0_0, so even if it isnt the most practical due to its size would you say the performance is up to standard with other marui handguns?
              sigpic

Comment

i've never liked the deagle, too big and brash.
                Sale
                Stuff for sale
                Want
                M93R stock, G&G M93R compensator, G&P URX II mid rail system

Comment

its like marmite you either love it or hate it. :]
                  sigpic

Comment

Dessie mgiht not seem practical but the T one will cuae your enemies to go weak at the knees. I took out 5 people in the pistol game at Dragon Valley today. practical or not? How do you define practical? I have a holster for it it has power you can get 50 shots on one tank of fuel, it holds 25 rds so thats 2 bb fills to one gast tank. shoots at around 300fps. Now i think thats practical. But the gun is my wifes. mine is a WE M9 and not had any gas leak problems with it. Shoots straight and powerful with a good range on a par with an decent aeg. But if you can afford it go for any of the KSC system 7 guns

And to answer Grimmy's question i would say it surpasses any of the othe TM guns for performance.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

What about a TM Hi-Capa? Already got a metal frame, so if you want more more metal than that, you only need to fit a slide.

If you do want a full-auto, you need to keep it lightly lubricated more often than a semi, but that's about the extent of its complexity differences to a standard gun (at least between a Hi-Capa Xtreme and a standard Hi-Capa). All that makes the difference is a slightly different sear set-up, and a bugger in the recoil spring. It's no more complex.

The real disadvantage of the Xtreme is you can't fire semi at all, so no good for single shot games, and it's more affected by the cold than a standard gun.

I have the Xtreme and a 5.1, both with Guarder metal slides.

Comment

TM desert eagle all the way , if your lucky enough try and get hold of the chrome version and they are very practical i get 2 1/2 full mags on one gas fill and the usual person has more than one magazine so its all good (ps i shot it at winters coldest times and it always works )

Comment

If you're wanting it as a sniper backup, you want a gun you can crawl around with and fire single-handed, not a "portable" artillery piece...

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                            If you're wanting it as a sniper backup, you want a gun you can crawl around with and fire single-handed, not a "portable" artillery piece...
                            classic haha, i hadn't heard a bad thing about the KJW M92 before now, i had my heart set on that. If its not that it has to be a deagle purely because it looks so nice.
                            sigpic

Comment

Its all personal preferance have to say for GBB I like the KSC stuff. The new system 7 stuff seems real nice so you might want to consider a KSG USP as a possible option. Nice things is that at the moment there is not hundreds of them out there.
                              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Same here dude. I am thinking of getting a nice Gbb but can't decide between m9 or a glock. Although 1911 does look rather nice. By the way most 1911 are metal right?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grimmy Find out more about Grimmy
                                Working...
                                X