Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which GBB To choose?

Originally posted by erixg View Post
    Same here dude. I am thinking of getting a nice Gbb but can't decide between m9 or a glock. Although 1911 does look rather nice. Btw most 1911 are metal right?
    Depends on the brand as to whether 1911s are metal or not
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Same here dude. I am thinking of getting a nice Gbb but can't decide between m9 or a glock. Although 1911 does look rather nice. Btw most 1911 are metal right?
      No quite the opposite. The good 1911's are plastic in fact. I.E Western Arms and TM. The cheaper ones are metal, I.E Tercel and WE. I've had both TM and WE and the TM was better in gas consumption and range. Yet i liked the WE more as it had a nicer kick and feel to it. It all boils down to what you want more. Looks or useability

Comment

agree with hunter here

Frankly although i am usualy the person that goes for realism over all aspects i have lots of WA guns that are ABS instead of metal like the real world counter parts

however they cost twice that of the cheaper clone manufacturers, have far superior build quality and much better performance, still feel about the right weight too!

I think for anybody wanting a backup weapon get TM or better for their sidearm, the point of a backup is you want it to perform when you need it!!
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

The standard TM M1911A1 is plastic slide/frame. However. when I showed mine to someone at my last game, I had trouble convincing him it was plastic.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, I am also after realism as would like to put it on display and do some occasional shooting. However I have been thinking of a glock for a long time as I ve heard they are good all-rounders and I think most of them are made of ABS - just like the real thing. M9s have just recently caught my attention but they are really good looking.
            By the way what advantage does Gas have over AEP? Is it only the fps and the sound?

Comment

realism, aeps are fixed slide , where as gas blowbacks the slide is forced back after every shot just like a real firearm, and also results in a nice bit of recoil, the slide locks back after youve you have used all the rounds etc just like the real deal

Comment

Advantages are less affected by cold and are more reliable, but disadvantages are range and fps and what shadow says in post above
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Glocks are like marmite you love em or hate em.

Although most on the market are reliabel and they are a popular gun I hate them I think they are too blocky an square looking there's no sleekness about them. Just a very functional design.

There's nothing wrong with that though just I don't think they are a pretty gun. Give me a Browning Hi Power 1911 or M9 for looks any day
                  Feedback link

Comment

Have a look at WE P14 really nice pistol with a strong blowback. I have one & really happy with it..

I have had my WE P14 since oct 2009 not had any gass leaks yet fingers crossed it stays that way.
                    Last edited by baha_guy1; 15 March, 2010, 16:13.

Comment

Yep so GBB it is because as I said before I am after realism like most of you guys (I hope!)

And Oh yeah that does look nice, like an updated version of 1911. But doesn't it run on Co2?

And wasnt there a thing for electric guns - EBB I think it was called?
                      Last edited by erixg; 15 March, 2010, 16:18.

Comment

Yep so GBB it is because as I said before I am after realism like most of you guys (I hope!)

And Oh yeah that does look nice, like an updated version of 1911. But doesn't it run on Co2?

And wasnt there a thing for electric guns - EBB I think it was called?
                        Sorry misseed read the part where you said you wanted GBB yes it runs on Co2 & Gas Power.. I only use green gass

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, I am also after realism as would like to put it on display and do some occasional shooting. However I have been thinking of a glock for a long time as I ve heard they are good all-rounders and I think most of them are made of ABS - just like the real thing. M9s have just recently caught my attention but they are really good looking.
                          By the way what advantage does Gas have over AEP? Is it only the fps and the sound?
                          Real Glocks have a metal slide, and polymer frame. Don't believe everything John McClane tells you.

However, TM's Glock is a beatifully made gun that fires superbly and is very reliable. If you want a metal slide in the future you can always fit one. It doesn't look plastic, and it feels great as standard though.

Comment

Ok guys im stuck between the TM Desert eagle hardkick and the KJW M92F .. decision decisions.
                            sigpic

Comment

TM Dessie Mate big bad and beautiful. My wife's never leaves her side, and she dual wields. They aren't heavy, just big. The mags hold sh*tloads of gas. But saying that the M92F is a lovely looking gun too. I have the WE M9 and that is a really solid piece. Very Very well made and has real soft rubber grips too. £89.99 from an armoury named site.
                              Feedback link

Comment

ahh thanks alot jfox, theres so many things i want to choose from, i think i'd rather get something thats metal stock, so that kinda rules out all the tm handguns. I really dont wanna be spending an extra £100+ on metal slide and reciever, saying that ill probably change my mind again in a few hours. I still have my eyes on a WE Hi Capa 5.1, i was looking at the TM version but many reviews say the weight isn't balanced very well(obviously because the majority of the gun is plastic, and the mag is probably the heaviest part meaning it is going to be back heavy.) The only tm gun i would consider buying the metal receiver and slide set for is the M92F purely because they look so nice, the set is about £100 on zero one and M92f itself is only around £95 and has quite a lot of upgrade parts for it.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grimmy Find out more about Grimmy
                                Working...
                                X