• Show
Clear All

Re: Tanio-Kobi Twist vs Madbull Black Python

Or groove a standard nub?
    sigpic

Comment

No nub fits...

The space is 3mm, and 4.5mm on Madbull. All the nubs I have here, and indeed the hop arm, are 3.5mm

Comment

Surely then you must have a bum model?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
          All nubs put back-spin on BBs. That's the Bernoulli Effect and is what gives us hop. The TK barrels create a cushion of air around the BB as it travels down the barrel, preventing it bouncing around as much as it does in a normal non-grooved barrel. You cannot have more than one vector of rotation on an object. It's simply impossible.
          Not sure it is impossible but you definitly don't want to start twisting your bb that has back spin or you will have no control over the direction of the bb leaving the barrel. It could end up going round corners or hitting the ground 10m in front of your feet.

This makes me think that the grooves do nothing more than a standard tight bore barrel. Eccept slow the air down arround the bb, fractionally.

What we need is a microscopic, slow motion camera with a smokey atmosphere to be able to see exactly what happens with the bb going through the twist and normal tight bore barrels. One for the Hamster maybe. Bloody fascinating programme.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
            What we need is a microscopic, slow motion camera with a smokey atmosphere to be able to see exactly what happens with the bb going through the twist and normal tight bore barrels. One for the Hamster maybe. Bloody fascinating programme.
            what we need is some proper test data, as much fun as anecdotal evidence is, i'd rather see some proper numbers and pics of shot groupings at say 150 feet and maximum distance figures.

I'd love to oblige but i don't have a barrel or a garden long enough.

Smiffy
            G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

If you have more than one vector of rotation acting on an object, the two will simply combine to give you a new resultant vector. In airsoft, this would cause the BB veer to the left or right, with the magnitude of the change of direction in proportion to the difference between the original (normal) vector and the new resultant one. Not good news in any case.

Thus far, my understanding of the TK Twist barrels is that they allow a little air to escape past the BB through the grooves (air being in the grooves in the meanwhile), thus creating a 'cushion' of sorts around the BB. This should make it more stable and this, I believe, is the guiding principle behind the Twist.
              If anybody could correct me on any of my points, I'd be most grateful .

I would also like to be able to see what is happening with the air currents with my own two eyes. All this theory isn't particularly exciting. I'd much rather see things being shot :p.

Hunter101, Stargazer and shot lots,
              Could any of you tell us what's up with Jag's barrel. Are the cut-outs on your Twist barrels of a similar size to his?

Comment

I no longer have any of mine, so unfortunately i can't comment. My Bar-10 one was definately like that. But then it didn't use a hopup nub, just the hop arm to push down onto the rubber. Madmax now has my masada so if you want to p'm him Jag, and see if he can be of any help

Comment

Can any one confirm this, I have just read on another forum that they are no longer making the twist barrels. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                    I no longer have any of mine, so unfortunately i can't comment. My Bar-10 one was definately like that. But then it didn't use a hopup nub, just the hop arm to push down onto the rubber. Madmax now has my masada so if you want to p'm him Jag, and see if he can be of any help

Did it ?

Man i don't even remember :P

I don't have it atm, but i can get it. If i do ill take pics ect and see if i can get some range tests done.

Can you remember what fps it was shooting as i have a m4 with systema hop and madbull barrel i could compare it with;. It shoots at 330fps so would have to get them the same or would have to switch the barrels around, to make it fair.

Comment

It was 340 fps IIRC. That was with the stock barrel though, never had it chronoed with the twist barrel

Comment

My Twist barrel fits the standard nub from my JG G36 just fine with no problems at all, I've actually found that you seem to need way less hop on the BB with the Twist barrel than normal to get the same effect, I'd assume this is because the bb doesn't really touch the sides meaning it doesn't lose any backspin

Jag I think you might have got a bum one mate, either that or your hop nubs and arm are freakishly large! :p

Stargazer

Comment

A site that supports fire is selling the 510mm one for £60, now before I get one of these to wack in my G36 for an extra £30 over a madbull V2 I seriously need some conclusive proof that its £30 more accurate lol. On a 330 fps JG the twist should be better but will it be £30 extra better?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

In simple, no.

I think you'd probably be better opting for the Prometheus 6.03; whilst it's still 6.03 the machining on the prommy barrel's is pretty much perfect, meaning you'll get consistent results.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ta gaffa, now to find 510/509mm in stock!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Plenty of Prommy barrels on a well known ACM retailer... You sir got a PM!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

legendary spirit The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his Find out more about legendary spirit
                                Working...
                                X