Full seal goggle fog - tried the rest, now I need the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full seal goggle fog - tried the rest, now I need the best

My Bolle X1000s have several square centimetres of ventilation top and bottom, plus I've tried various anti-fog spray, gel and washing up liquid - they clean it great, but in 21 degrees they're fogged in 10 minutes or so.

What goggles should I be considering for the maximum amount of ventilation that doesn't involve mesh goggles?

I've been through the offering at **** ********* and Pro Airsoft, and the X1000s were pretty much the only ones that fit my face shape - anything else left BB sized gaps underneath. Where else is worth visiting? (I think ordering online is just a waste of everyone's time for something that has to fit well)

I've seen players in the US with tiny fans attached - is that a good idea or too much faff? Or should I be approaching it a different way, eg bandana or shemagh instead of my current baseball cap?

(For reference, I just use the usual wire mesh lower, so that shouldn't be a major source of moisture)

Re: Full seal goggle fog - tried the rest, now I need the best

Hero's hark is about the best mesh you can get
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to use mesh - I've had BBs shatter on them and bits come through.

Comment

I have been famously against mesh in the past, but picked up some heroshark after all that stuff with the lad getting shot in the eye under the gap in his glasses that was posted earlier in the year. Not looked back. His stuff isn't like the crummy mesh out there.

Comment

I assumed the problem was with the BBs themselves shattering, not the goggles. I'm sure the frame etc are great, but if the BB's shatter and pieces come through, I don't see how one type of mesh is better than another? Or am I missing something?

Comment

You could try Bolle X800 - they are open top and bottom - though you still get sweat collecting resulting in mine today becoming a little blurry inside.

Comment

Have you tried scuba diving anti fog gel? I use sea gold. Wipe on rinse off leave to dry naturally and bobs your uncle.
              KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Thanks for the plug lads but if you don't like the possiblity of broken bb in your eye then no mesh not even my magical wonderous stuff will stop that. So in answer to the op's Q. There is no such thing ,every bit of eye pro you come across has the potential to fog . Even with fans and anti fog . And even without fog the condensed sweat can still hamper your vision . There will be various folk telling you I have this n that but remember ,your mileage may vary.

Comment

have you seen the new bolle cobras and trackers with the platinum coating?
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTefxYXnaA
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

best I have used is a pair of ESS Profile turbofan goggles, the combination of the 'flowcoat' antifog treatment on the lens and the fan pulling dry air through the goggles has kept them 100% fog free for me.

As Heroshark has said though; your mileage may vary.

Comment

I tried glasses last sunday they lasted 10 mins before they fogged,luckily we hadn't started playing soIi swapped to mesh.
                      Last edited by snuff; 14 July, 2014, 01:40.

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
                        best I have used is a pair of ESS Profile turbofan goggles
                        Worth the price? Do you know of anywhere I can try them on for fit? Pretty sure there is no fog issue if there's a big gap at the bottom :P

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
                        Have you tried scuba diving anti fog gel? I use sea gold.
                        I had not. Just ordered some, thanks.

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                        have you seen the new bolle cobras and trackers with the platinum coating?
                        Not full seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate I may be in for some flak on this, but 'he who dares Rodney'...

What you're effectively after is a thermal lens, and unfortunately the only readily available thermal lens units are for paintball... (there, I said it!)

There's a couple of manufacturers that just make the lens unit (JT, Proto) but you're not going to get the 'realism' most airsoft players strive for. Having said that however, I had success using a JT Spectra lens that I removed the thermal section from and glued into some Oakley goggles- a thermal lens is effectively just double glazing.

There is a twist though.

1 in 15 people people exhale through their tear ducts, and so amount of thermal lenses or anti-fog treatments are going to prevent misting. It'll only ever slow it down.
                          Originally posted by andre the giant
                          ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

There are thermal lenses available for the larger ess type frames like the turbo fan ect . Or bolle do one X insert number something or other . You can be pretty safe in the knowledge a lot of the larger frames are pretty comfortable . There's also the option of mesh lens with a prescription insert with a plain lens this will easily deflect any shatters and offer good air flow especially in a larger frame.

Comment

I just bought a pair of goggles and glued in some fans ( they're tiny) then wired it up to a big red button which defogs them

-TheJackall

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olem Find out more about Olem
                              Working...
                              X