Full seal goggle fog - tried the rest, now I need the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full seal goggle fog - tried the rest, now I need the best

Sorry to derail the thread but what do the hero shark goggles look like?

Comment

He does a range of 4 or 5 different styles or can mesh your current goggles. If you check his website they're all on there.

I didn't have any issues with vision with them on compared to my previous mesh (a backup i carried for when the fogging got to much on my bullet ants) and they feel much more secure than cheaper alternatives
      Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_253 using Tapatalk

Comment

or you can send him any ones you have and he will do them.. I bought goggles and also had a S10 mask done
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I solved my both my fogging problem and prescription-glasses-not-fitting-underneath problem with one set of goggles I imported specially from America called Arena FlakJak goggles (v1).

They are very popular over in the states apparently and have excellent ventilation, with the option to increase it by removing some of the dust shielding.

They fit over my glasses and so far I haven't been able to fog them up at all!

However they cost me just over £50 in all to have them in the UK... but crystal clear vision and two healthy eyes are priceless imo!

Comment

Sorry to burst the bubble but they ain't that much different or new compared to any other goggles in that catagory . Bolle x800 ,ess land ops ect , revision locust . You can get them for £45-p&p in th UK too if you want to try them but as I originaly said your experience may differ . Infact I've even been sent turbo fans to mesh along with everything else that's been mentioned so someone is still managing to fog them up regardless.

Comment

I did look at all those IIRC (pictures look familiar) but either they didn't look like they'd fit over glasses or I wasn't confident with the ventilation.
              But I guess the only way to tell is to actually put them on and use them in a few games... There were a lot more reviews of the FlakJaks for me to read and get a good idea of their capabilities so I guess that's why I settled on them on the end

Comment

Just out of interest.

Has anyone tried drilling holes in their goggle lenses? I have a pair of Ant Revisions (anti fog lenses my arse). I was watching a youtube of LevelCap the other day banging on about his Gucci new glasses (no doubt supplied by ASGI for free). the only real difference I could see is that they have small diameter (couple of mm Id guess) holes drilled along the top of the lens.

Was wondering if it's worth a go or if I'd just end up with perforated foggy goggles
                "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

it could help a bit ,can't harm maybe a row top and bottom try not to do them too large or close together. Maybe 2-3mm holes set 4-6mm apart .I made some boogie regulator style ones out a scrap polycarb lens and did it.

Comment

I thought it might be worth a go, mine fog when I've been static too long which is a bugger when your Opo says "shoot the guy 20m down behind that tree", my reply "I cant even see the damn tree" . Bit of airslow from the front may help. I'll give it a go and post results after my next game.

Comment

Personally drilling holes in the lens = no longer at safe strength... so I wouldn't do it.
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I can give it a test if you like and we can see

Comment

Aye, it all depends on what figure they have used in the factor of safety margin when they are speccing the protective design of the lenses. If the holes are at the top and bottom of the lens (i.e. out of the eye aperture area) and have a decent spacing between them and the FOS is acceptable then I wouldn't be unduly worried. I'm going to do a little research into the specifications of the glasses protection standard and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hero, sounds great if you can mate if you have the spare bits floating about.

Comment

This is a 2mm polycarb lens ,I spaced 3mm holes about 4mm'ish apart one central. I blatted it point blank same spot with 0.3's @450ish ,the on the 15th shot it caught the rnd.

Comment

I was thinking more laong the lines of the ones in the link here, will distribute load better than having them over a concentrated area like that (looks to be about the size of a 10p?)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...ducts_id=14561

Apologies Zero1 for the non Z1 link but you dont stock em

Comment

Well yes, it is an extreme test but if it manages that I'd say you'll be pretty safe imo.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olem Find out more about Olem
                                Working...
                                X