Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skrimishing, back up weapons

Originally posted by rwardle33 View Post
    i love it when im in rambo moods! you think you can take everyone out with your pistol! in my last game i managed to get three! but then got lost and fell into a trap where i was surrounded and slaughted

hi five for the tunnel vison killing machine!

Comment

There more of a fashion accessory than anything els....

You don't really need one at all, they are just alot and alot of fun to use

But obviously if your going high FPS single shot, you'll need something abit more easy going for those close encounters.

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
        But obviously if your going high FPS single shot, you'll need something abit more easy going for those close encounters.
        not really, used my M47, i've worked out how to have a F2000 as a sidearm for a sniper
        Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

I carried a springer (sp 2020) as a backup for my 1st shoot, but handily right when i needed it, i found it had spat its mag out .. and that's yet to be found. Now I have a Cyma Desert Eagle securely strapped to my thigh for when my F2K inevitably throws a fit about an hour before lunch time which it has done in both my last shoots.

1st saw a BB lodged in the safety INSIDE the gun body and UNDER the trigger which would then lock up after 2-3 shots on semi.. god knows how the BB got there, but it did. 2nd shoot saw the gearbox lock up on semi .. simple fix was to switch it to Full-Auto, fire and switch back, but of course under fire you forget these things and I was convinced my battery was flat and new spare was a dud and spent a good 5 mins sprinting between cover acting as a medic unarmed , didn't actually realise what was wrong till I got home (yes I felt like an idiot).
          Not leaving home without 3 AEG batteries and 2 pistol mags from now on, just in case :P
          AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
            not really, used my M47, i've worked out how to have a F2000 as a sidearm for a sniper
            Ment easy going on power

Comment

for a low/midcap user a sidearm is very useful haha
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Fluxeor View Post
                Not leaving home without 3 AEG batteries and 2 pistol mags from now on, just in case :P
                Don't you mean 3 AEGs?
                I never go to a skirmish without 3 primaries. I have on two occasions has 2 AEGs go belly up before lunch and quite often I've had 1 not work quite right (I'm forever tinkering so I never know which guns are spot on) It's also handy in case a friends gun breaks (like at my last game) so I can lend them one if the need arises.

Originally posted by santa View Post
                the only time i can think of where you need a back up weapon is if you're a sniper, or you're in a rambo mood
                There's also when the John Woo mood takes you. Everyone should try pulling out a matched pair of pistols from the back of their belts, Jumping over the top of some cover and charging the enemy at least once. A month.

Comment

i have to agree with some of the guys here, a glock, auto or not, is a fairly good back up, generally small, lots of assessories if your into that and easy to carry around.

personally i don't like them, i do own one, simply because its tiny and suits a particular game we play at my site.

i've always had Mac's. i've had the HFC, maruzen and another make that i can't remember, the problem with Mac's is keeping them secure when not using them, and in my opinion, some may disagree, not a great noob weapon, as they take alot of taking care, before, sometimes during, and deffinately after, to keep them running. if a Mac works, it works really well, if it doesn't, you have no hope.

i almost always buy guns i like, reguardless of preformance for the most part, if i like it, i'll use it, i've gone through 4 or 5 Mac's, i like them, but i hate the work involved with them.

i'd advice any one starting out to go for an electric or gas pistol, and a quality all rounder ie TM, or if they really want an SMG as a first time round deffinately go electric, mp5K, Scorpion, TM mac etc... and a good holster.

i wouldn't recomend a shotty as a backup, they're big, bulky, get caught on stuff no good, get a shotty and love your shotty, primary all the way, nothing more satisfying then fragging someone with basically an over sized springer, also, if your the sneeky type, shotties make no noice at all when cocked, awsome.

Boris
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I have gone around with back up pistols and find that I very rarely need to use them, then again I am the person who actively goes out seeking kills rather than sits and slowly waits for people to come to him.
                    Still, pistols are lovely to use in cqb when a aeg is just too slow to get around loads of corners in a short space of time.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ejtrent Find out more about ejtrent
                    Working...
                    X