Are JG Really Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are JG Really Any good?

Hey! Keep promising myself im going to get my license! Never have the time where we all get the chance to go! Been once and loved it!

Anyway, been looking into getting some guns after i am done! But i was looking through and reading reviews and i cant seem to justify the STAR L85 costing almost £200 more than the JG Version?
    Are the JG's Crap? the FPS is around the same, and it has to be maxed out anyway at 328? other than a tightbore what other upgrades would be done to a JG L85 to make it a good reliable standard?! Sorry if this has been posted before, but it just cant understand the price difference!

And also i'v found the L85 JG For about £169.99 in full metal.. ( excluding the obvious green Plastic bits ) but the Army amarant is also cheap? and in USA you can pick one oup for $160.. thats like £100-130? is it worth importing one? sorry guys new to buying stuff!

Thanks

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Are JG Really Any good?

I don't think JG even make a SA80?

AA is fine for starter gun, but has issues. With the SA80, you need to get the good brands, or spend some money on them.

JG get great reviews everywhere, take a Google about! The JG G36 and MP5 both do very well.

p.s UKARA is not a licence :D

Comment

haha i do apologise! I have found other guns in JG makes but AA for Sa80! sorry!

What kind of issues? do you think its worth saving up and getting the STAR?

Comment

JG are a great CLONE brand, however personally i would rather put my money towards a more quality brand product such as G&P, CA, TM, ICS, G&G and STAR/ARES, i have never owned a chinese gun and frankly dont think i will (unless it was cheap and for use in the garden)

remember that FPS is not perticularly important, my scar is shooting at <250 fps yet still outranges most standard aegs

reliability, weight, realism, and build quality are key aspects of a product and these boxes are all ticked by the major brands

the army R85 is an ok weapon, good for its price but may need some worknig doing before it could be classed as a "skirmishable" weapon

important looks great.. but the fact a price is 30% cheaper wont matter when you get hit my import duties which can carry some hefty sums, especially from the US, normally less so from honk kong

remember that at the end of the day... a poduct is worth its price for a reason and in airsoft you really do get what you paid for
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Okie dokie!
          So save up for a another one Good good all good!
          It will give me some time i can always use the rentals a take a look at other guns.
          So its worth spending £300 on each gun? realism is a must i have to have a gun that is very real.. Heavy, Metal strong etc! Also sorry to be a pain! As im totally new to this and you all are the airsoft gods! Which make for pistols? i was looking into either an M9, Socom or USP.?

Thanks

Comment

You get what you pay for.

I have a JG G3 & a Classic Army G3, The difference between the two is very clear and the feel of the gun to.

Although I only paid £140 for the JG RAS and £220 for the CA version I would still go with Classic Army.

on the other side of the coin however... I have a Galaxy Mp5k which is a great gun! It cost £80 and well... with a battery Sling & a 9.6V Battery you got yourself an Awesome gun!
            its a case of wieghing up what you are getting for your money. Its difficult to say which is better as it comes down to personal choice.

You got money to spare then get a Classic Army/ ICS/ Star G&G etc etc or get the Cheapsoft if your on a tighter budget.

:D

As for pistols... Its a pretty open market depending on what you want. Ive got a few KJ Pistols/ WE & TM KSC etc etc just have a look and take your pick.
            You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

just found a nice SA80 for £330 .. G&G it looks gorgeous. Will def have to save up! looking good shooting nice and accurate at some pretty long distances! also looking at the GR25 but i'v heard its a little underpowered?

Thanks

Comment

Sounds like you have your heart set on a SA80 :D

Comment

haha, Because they are sexy and british! Though the M4 Looks nice, Just not the Short one.. yuk not my taste.. then again the G3 is just sex on fire! my god i want them all!

Comment

If your into pistols, get a Tokyo marui, honestly, they are the stuff when it comes to pistols!

Comment

From what i have heard JG make brilliant G36's if that takes your fancy. Can get the G36K of zero one now as well which is pretty ideal.

New spring is needed though i think as JG fire a bit hot. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong with that though

Comment

G36c's are nice. but they look odly futeristic and more S.W.A.T than army, but either than or an MP5 would look nice in a CQB Area with black outfit!

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                          If your into pistols, get a Tokyo marui, honestly, they are the stuff when it comes to pistols!
                          I Agree. Accessories for the 1911 Range are.... Almost limitless!! I wanted an AMT hardballer Slide set and well... I was miffed when Western Arms released it!
                          You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Ohh yess it would.

Theres a really good photo of someones SAS kit in pictures of your gear, i'll try and find it.

Comment

i just got a new jg g36, has the new magwell pin type, its putting out 344 fps out of the box, othe jg's ive had have been as high as 385 though. :0
                              back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                              Working...
                              X