Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are JG Really Any good?

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
    Don't spend a huge amount of money on a TM, or CA, G&P, or any of those, 'cause it ain't worth it for a first gun!
    ive heard alot of people say this, but never understood why... what reason is there to not get a more expensive brand

a TM is probably the best starting gun you can buy, one of the most reliable brands -so no need for any repairs, mods, tweaks etc etc etc

come at a suitable fps, have good performance and are robust and well built

my first gun was TM m4 S-system and it was bloody great, just wasn't a fan of plastic so moved on to the more expensive brands
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

JG are good, just cos you own a more expensive rifle doesnt mean you have to slate the brand with racial slurs

Comment

nobody is slating them... JG are great guns for the money

i just think that if somebody can afford it then why not go for the non chinese clone brands...

if you have a specific budget JG are great weapons and the general consensus is they they rate almost as highly as TM
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ya, it looks like the post got deleted, and rightfully so.

Comment

Hey, Dont worry noone has hijacked the thread! All the information has been really useful!!! i'v taken everything in! I'v been looking at the JG's and i think i'll get one as the quality seems good.. Im an engineer and very good at seeing how things work etc. Can do anything from a manual and photographs! IE the Headgasket on my Car!

I'd much rather have a gun i can tinker with.. i'll clean it all the time too! and i'll save up for a G&G or other SA80

Other than hop up rubber or system, what else would you recommend?
            Thanks

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

well ur def guna wana get another battery and charger but thast not really tinkering

Comment

As soon as you get it, give the barrel a clean and get all the gunk out of the gearbox. Or if there is no gunk, make sure there is SOME greese
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

oh dear .... if you like tinkering any gun will do for you,, theres plenty to do once you get confident with opening up!!

just look at the long list of upgrade/modifications people do to their guns

Comment

BUT if you do open up the gear box pay ATTENTION when you do so or you will forget how all the little parts fit. the flow diagrams for AEG gearboxes are harder to read than the line map for south east rail.
                    Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

lol! im sure with the great help from the lads from here i'll be ok! Any particular grease? and does a tightbore barrell make much difference?! are they expensive?

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251

All you need is pretty much there

Comment

In my opinion JG havn't really moved on at all since about a year or 2 ago when all the clones started getting better. While Cyma keeps updating and improving and Dboys keeps making more models and A&K have the support gun market down JG don't seem to have done anything new.

Comment

Ohh yes they have...! Loads of new JG guns out there!

Comment

Originally posted by mattmanic View Post
                              In my opinion JG havn't really moved on at all since about a year or 2 ago when all the clones started getting better. While Cyma keeps updating and improving and Dboys keeps making more models and A&K have the support gun market down JG don't seem to have done anything new.
                              If you compare one of the new JG M4's to one of the older models you would be very surprised on how much they have improved.

Comment

Metal bodies, improved performance, improved build quality, a huge expanse in thier range- first good chinese G36s, G3s, etc. JG have done alot, but thier changes havnt been as noticeable
                                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                                Working...
                                X