Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which propane?

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    I noticed a 10fps increase on my TM hicapa, but the slide didn't half hit harder, I can't see a nearly 100fps increase unless you were using some really poor gas to start with!
    The first time my friend borrowed mine, it had just had the high flow valves, and the first time on propane. He usually played with a KJW Sig. Fired 2 shots, turned around to look at me (I was dead standing behind him off the field)

"Holy crap! what did you do!?"

Comment

In all honesty the argument that propane will destroy your gun is a load of c**p

I have been using propane for donkeys now and have fired 1000's of rounds using it in my pistols and never had one problem

Comment

i know 7 people that regularly use propane, thats a good 4/5 pistol mags + 2 of them that use torndo impact grenades as well each weekend and not one of us have had any problems, whatsoever, fullstop. Anyone that says its dangerous, or will damage your gun is talking rubbish. Fair play a crappy plastic slide may produce a tiny crack after 15,000 bb's or so on propane but thats a hell of a lot of bb's through a pistol, but for the amount of people that use propane all the time, i would say under 2% or so have had any problems with it
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Right lets try to be sensible about this, just because you have never seen it happen, (a slide blowing off) it does not mean that i cant. I personaly have seen the slide blow off a TM GLOCK, several nades and one mag go pop when using propane. And I have been warned of this by my local shop when asking about gas for my glock. I AM SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Why ridicule other people for trying to help?.
          "If you got shit on your doorstep dont go scrubbing others doorsteps before you scrub you own"

Comment

Im afraid I have to disagree. Especially whenever I see things about slides shooting off. Theres no way that a plastic slide will launch itself thorugh a metal slide release, unless it is installed incorrectly.

Comment

Yeah they warn you off because they will loose money from sales of green gas lol.

No one is ridiculing you but in all fairness those claims are a bit extreme, to say that propane alone has done that. Sure that may of happened in an extreme (RARE) case but it could of been down to any number of things and whos to say it wouldnt have happened on 134a or green?

**EDIT**

+1 On the above

Comment

You sure your not getting propane confused with co2?

Comment

It's not rubbish, all guns will wear quicker on pure propane, because it is higher pressure. Remember propane from the bottle is designed for cooking and power tools so it is packed in at a lot higher bar than the green we get for airsoft. Hence why propane bottles are thicker bottles. You wont safely pack kickass in the bottles supplied at 23-25 bar of pressure

That wear is not extreme however I will add.

Comment

Got to agree with the majority here.

Propane + silicone lube is no more harmful for your GBB weapon than green gas.
                    Ive been using Colemans propane in my GBBs since forever and have NEVER had a problem with it, nor have i ever heard of it "blowing up" a GBB weapon.
                    Scaremongering regarding it is utter crap!!
                    And i would love to know the brand of green gas that gives a 100fps lower chrono reading compared to propane.

Josh go for it mate colemans propane is available from just about anywhere on the internet just do a quick Google shopping search, Ebay or if you have a local Go outdoors you will find an aisle full of the stuff.
                    Just be careful of Ebay sellers advertising free shipping and in the small print stating collection only.
                    And internet sellers charging STUPID courier charges because of what it is.

Once you go propane you wont go back to crappy green again :D

Comment

Green gas is propane. They are the same thing.

Green gas just has a 'perfume' added so it doesn't smell as bad, and a lubricant added as it is for airsoft. The lubricant and small alterations to the gas mix are why straight propane, such as out of the Coleman bottles, often produces a slightly higher FPS in guns that airsoft green gas.

If your gun is safe on green gas, it is safe on propane (because they're the same).

BTW, the vapour pressure of propane at 20 degrees C is just over 120 PSI, or about 8 bar.

Comment

I noticed a slight increase in fps with all of my pistols when I switched from green to pure propane. I always use colemans as it's readily available and the AI adaptor fits it beautifully.

The biggest, most noticable difference was in the blowback felt; which was considerably more especially in a couple of them like the maruzen P99. Never seen a gun blow itself apart on propane - not saying it cant happen but in 15 or so years I'VE never seen it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                        Working...
                        X