Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CQB weaponry

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post

If you are wearing full mesh face protection you can still shoulder and aim the P90 without interference.

From a few posts up. I have no experience with them myself though so can't vouch for this.

Comment

I tried it with a mask.

Get the railed version with some type of scope

I had the rd version, and i found it hard to look through the scope!!
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

On the rare occasion I play CQB I wear the small lower face mask and my son uses the full wrap round TMC mesh bask and we both use the P90.

We all have our favorite guns and there are many reasons why we own the guns we do. My favorite gun by far is my VFC Scar but it is far from stock so would be unfair to recommend it as a basic model.

However I would not hesitate to recommend the TM P90 to anyone for any type of game play that requires an AEG. It is the most reliable and dependable AEG I have ever owned and it can be used completely stock and still out perform many upgraded guns or it can be tuned to do amazing things.

If the styling does not put you off then definitely buy one you will not regret it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by plainlazy44 View Post

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post

If you are wearing full mesh face protection you can still shoulder and aim the P90 without interference.

From a few posts up. I have no experience with them myself though so can't vouch for this.
          Whoops! It looks like I missed that bit! Thanks again for the comments guys. One last thing. Will they take 8.4v mini batteries? I ask because I already have two batteries which would save money. ZeroOne's page on the P90 suggest they will, but I've heard about people having to use strange J shaped batteries?

Comment

Yep the standard battery for these is the 8.4v mini. The Vapex 1600mAh will last all day with a good rate of fire. If you go lipo the IP 7.4V 2100mAh 25c will give a higher rate of fire much better trigger response and should last most of a weekend depending on your appetite for ammo :D

There is no reason to do anything internally to these guns but if you do want to up the power then they are one of the easiest gearbox's to work on. Just get yourself a couple of Silverback or MAG mid caps and get on with playing.

One bit of advice with the Mid-Caps! They eat speedloaders so buy the TM version as I cant remember how many cheap speedloaders I have been through.

Comment

Plus one for the P90. It is a marmite gun, but it works in CQB because it is shorter, and it works in woodland because it's a bullpup. I've got an old TM P90 (second or third hand, I'm not exactly sure) and it has got some surprisingly long ranged hits. A few words on mags, don't use the high caps. The low caps feed flawlessly, the high caps will jam, refuse to feed outright, or you'll have to remove the mag to wind it up again.
              Failure is always an option.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
              Working...
              X