importing an aeg from hong kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing an aeg from hong kong

i've ordered a mp7 from a hk site ive tracked it to the uk its in customs ive asked to have a declairation with my defence and contact details in my question is this has anyone done this b4 did it go smoothly or am i gonna have problems

Re: importing an aeg from hong kong

It will go smoothly if you can provide a defence.

It won't if you can't!
    sigpic

Comment

some punctuation would make that a little more legible! as robin says if you have a defence and can prove it easily then it shouldn't be too much hassle.
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i dont have ukara but i put my site membership with all the contact details in one of the guys who works at my site does this and he's had no issuse's so fingers crossed

Comment

I ordered a pistol from HK before and they just contacted my site owner. Royal mail charged me like £20ish I cant remember the exact amount and I had it 4 days later.

Like has been said as long as you can prove your defense then it is all fine. Customs arnt as bad as people make out provided you act within the law. Its royal mail you gotta watch out for.

Comment

its cost about £50 and £30 for P&P will customs take there cut or might i get away with it

Comment

If it's been stopped you're sure to get a charge.

I always allow for the figure in $ (including post) to be the same in £ by the time it's in my hands.
              sigpic

Comment

The charge from RM is like a handling charge as Customs legally cannot open your package, it has to be RM that open it. You can refuse to pay the charge, but then you may be waiting ages for your RIF. Also if you didnt pay your import tax then there is a very good chance that will be charged aswell now it has been brought to there attention.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by minimi123246 View Post
                  The charge from RM is like a handling charge as Customs legally cannot open your package, it has to be RM that open it.
                  Customs can't open packages?

I don't know where you've heard that. Customs have more powers than any other organisation in the UK and don't even need a warrant to enter and search premises.
                  sigpic

Comment

When i rang up royal mail to ask what the charge was they said that i had to pay royal mail as they had to open the package as customs couldnt. I only found out a week later you can refuse to pay the charge to RM

Comment

Story:

Man wants RIF not available in UK.

Man purchases RIF from HK.

RIF arrives in customs....excess charges.

Man refuses to pay charges.

Man doesn't get RIF he wanted in the first place.

The end.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                        Man refuses to pay charges.

Man doesn't get RIF he wanted in the first place.

The end.
                        There's a difference between customs charges and RM's charges for paying HMC.

If you can get hold of HM Customs and pay direct, RM can't do anything about it.

Comment

Customs do open packages, but you will always pay your customs charges to the courier.

The confusion may be that Royal Mail can open your post, but they have to send it to N.I. to be opened, as its the only place with a license to open someone elses post.

If the royal mail received something and wanted to check it wasnt a real firearm they would send it to NI to be opened, but only if it was a UK -> UK post.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by minimi123246 View Post
                            When i rang up royal mail to ask what the charge was they said that i had to pay royal mail as they had to open the package as customs couldnt. I only found out a week later you can refuse to pay the charge to RM
                            The charges have always been pretty reasonable I've found.
                            You can refuse to pay the charge but not the vat I believe,I'll have to dig out and old charge docket..."the bloke in the pub" needs a good seeing to sometimes with all the missinformation he gives out...:D
                            I've never offerd or been asked for my defence?
                            When I have been charged they have never opened the item,about 3 or 4 times out of 15.

Comment

With the paying of charges, are people getting confused between import and handling charges? I think I read somewhere you can get around paying handling charges but tbf not worth the time and the risk of something going wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
                              Working...
                              X