importing an aeg from hong kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: importing an aeg from hong kong

Its really easy with fed ex or ups there`s a declaration that you can fill in a email to be printed off and sent with the rif otherwise you`ll have to send a declaration to customs you normally do this via the postal company.

Its easy if you have a ukara thanks a few days more then it used to and you almost always get tax`d on it now days not like the good old days when customs used to miss about 70% of my orders.I once got 2 m4`s for $50 each paid about $60 postage but still think I did ok out of that being it was 4 years ago or so.

It is a bit easier to buy from the uk but then again there`s lots of guns that are hard to find in stock in the uk

I just imported a JG Scar and a KA Vltor cqb no problems at all just had to pay the tax on them.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Lookng at the posts and people saying who can and can't open parcels,my friend and myself have never had a single parcel opened..can anybody explain that?
      We're talking around 20 parcels within a year from HK and 1 or 2 from the USA,but saying that the declaration on the outside has always been filled in correctly,and IIRC there is a declaration of I suspose conformity in an envelope on the outside(UKARA spec' maybe?).
      What percentages of parcels get opened?Do they open them if the X-rays don't match the description?Suspect pacakages?For what reason(s) do they open them is my question really....
      Apologies for more questions...cheers...:D

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
        Lookng at the posts and people saying who can and can't open parcels,my friend and myself have never had a single parcel opened..can anybody explain that?
        What has been in said packages? and what was the value of them? would make it easier to work out

Comment

Ive never had one opened ever either, parcel force still charge the handling fee and say they had to present the item to customs part of that means that they are supposed to open it but they are rarely opened I think they get x-rayed but the tax payer pays for that so what exactly are parcel force and others charging us for ?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minimi123246 View Post
            The charge from RM is like a handling charge as Customs legally cannot open your package, it has to be RM that open it. You can refuse to pay the charge, but then you may be waiting ages for your RIF. Also if you didnt pay your import tax then there is a very good chance that will be charged aswell now it has been brought to there attention.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
            Surely that should read 'sorry to be the bearer of INACCURATE news'?

Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
            There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
              What has been in said packages? and what was the value of them? would make it easier to work out
              Various kit and AEG's,usually marked as "Toys" with the correct value on though.
              Valued @ $30~$400

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
              Ive never had one opened ever either, parcel force still charge the handling fee and say they had to present the item to customs part of that means that they are supposed to open it but they are rarely opened I think they get x-rayed but the tax payer pays for that so what exactly are parcel force and others charging us for ?
              I guess we pay for their time ("handling charge")..

Comment

but they have been hired to deliver a package you have already paid for their time its a piss take to charge you again.

You know that royal mail is broke right ? Have you noticed all the up-selling at the post office lately ? do you want next day, do you want it signed for, top up your mobile ? with draw cash ? more stamps ? maybe a copy of the big issue ? lol

The handling fee and all that is helping them to make more money and customs are more likely to charge tax now as if they don`t they could end up having to make cuts and losing there jobs

So yeah blame the big american banks for all their sub prime loans lol
                sigpic

Comment

but they have been hired to deliver a package you have already paid for their time its a piss take to charge you again.

You know that royal mail is broke right ? Have you noticed all the up-selling at the post office lately ? do you want next day, do you want it signed for, top up your mobile ? with draw cash ? more stamps ? maybe a copy of the big issue ? lol

The handling fee and all that is helping them to make more money and customs are more likely to charge tax now as if they don`t they could end up having to make cuts and losing there jobs

Stay on track! this isn't a thread about slagging off the posties!

Comment

It's not physically handling the parcel they're charging for. It's for paying customs on your behalf and "handling" the financial side of clearing customs on your behalf.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok that`s not what they told me, they told me the fee was for presenting the item to customs.

Otherwise its a loan and Ive had packages where the tax was £5 yet the handling fee was almost £15. Im sure that if its just for paying the fees then there`s some European laws against the fee being so much more then the tax ?

Sorry to go off topic but I guess the handling fee and tax charges are relevant to importing a RIF or anything for that matter.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry if its been mentioned but Parcelforce only charge you a handling fee if there is a customs fee as well, if customs don't charge then parcelforce deliver without charge
                        sigpic

Comment

Well parcel forces exact policy is:

I fully appreciate your concern with regard to these charges and an explanation of what they consist of is provided below.

The charges on your parcel are Customs duty and/or VAT. Goods sent from non-EU States, both new and used for business and personal use, as well as from Mail Order companies, are liable to attract Customs charges. A part of the charge is the clearance/handling fee, which is payable to Parcelforce Worldwide. This charge is to cover the cost of administration when Customs raise a charge on imported goods.

Unlike most other carriers, we generally do not charge for Customs clearance except where duty or VAT is payable. In this case, we charge an Inbound Customs Clearance Fee, which covers the cost of presenting the parcel to Customs, opening and repackaging if necessary, paying the Customs duty or VAT on the addressee's behalf and collecting the payment from them.

I bet if they were still government owned the fees would be lower but anyway lets just leave it at that now then huh ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Back on topic then.....I never track a parcel,there are too many things that can delay it.
                            I receive a track number automaticaly from the big hill and then just wait..I'm pretty sure when I tried to track it once it was ok all the way through HK onto the areoplane and then when it hit the UK it was "lost" in the system...but it still arrived as all mine have...so far..

Comment

A lot of Hate there

Royal mail and parcelforce are upfront about these charges.
                              If your parcel comes to the attention of customs then they will pay the VAT for you. For this service they will charge you the VAT + their handling charge (£13.50 or £8 depending on service). I'm sure if you tried to do this directly yourself it would be a pain in the ass.

There is no duty on importing toys but you will be charged VAT.
                              You are allowed £18 (or £36 for a gift) before VAT is due. VAT is payable on the declared value PLUS P&P .
                              Under declaring on the customs form can cause you problems if the spot it .

At the end of the day I import £100s each year and dont inccur any charges. Most US senders put the exact value including cents on the label and I have yet to incur any charges. If I do I will man up and Pay (including the handling charge) because that is one of the risks /factors of ordering from outside the EU. I always assume I will get charged VAT +£10 when I price from outside the EU. If I dont get charged then Its a bargin

Comment

I used to import alot of Engine parts for my nissan twin turbo and the import tax can get a bit on the expensive side. There is nothing u can do though, like has been said. Just man up, pay and get your bits.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
                                Working...
                                X