X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: importing an aeg from hong kong

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    A lot of Hate there

Royal mail and parcelforce are upfront about these charges.
    If your parcel comes to the attention of customs then they will pay the VAT for you. For this service they will charge you the VAT + their handling charge (£13.50 or £8 depending on service). I'm sure if you tried to do this directly yourself it would be a pain in the ass.

There is no duty on importing toys but you will be charged VAT.
    You are allowed £18 (or £36 for a gift) before VAT is due. VAT is payable on the declared value PLUS P&P .
    Under declaring on the customs form can cause you problems if the spot it .

At the end of the day I import £100s each year and dont inccur any charges. Most US senders put the exact value including cents on the label and I have yet to incur any charges. If I do I will man up and Pay (including the handling charge) because that is one of the risks /factors of ordering from outside the EU. I always assume I will get charged VAT +£10 when I price from outside the EU. If I dont get charged then Its a bargin
    Yes but Ive been charge vat it was £5 on an item and then I was charge a handling fee of almost £15 making it £20. £20 charge for a set of gears!!

Im sorry I was more then willing to pay the vat but PF sticking their £15 on top seamed crazy to me I dont mind if the charge is less then the vat but that was a mega piss take.

fed ex are my personal choice as they have a shipping invoice then a week or so late you get the real invoice from them. I miss when company's like fed ex would deliver then later post you a bill for the vat I mean if you have paid for fast shipping why should the item be held till you pay ?

They know your name and where you live that`s enough to send you a bill.

Anyway thats a bit off subject there`s loads of amazing companys in HK and Taiwan that I cant name on here, Ive also discovered a few who dont charge postage and their prices are not that high.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

As if by magic..this arrived this morning..and for the benefit of anyone who hasnt seen one...:D

Will I pay it?..of course,the stuff is clearly worth more than the charges.
      We tend to order once a month,sploitting the npostage and the charges if we get caught..:D

Comment

Ive seen a few of them in my time, have you ever had one where the number just did`nt work ? I had 2 a while back yet I cant remember ordering anything that did`t show up apart form 1 mic of my pmr but that was sent via Swiss post but I can`t use there site as its all in Chinese lol
        sigpic

Comment

No they've always worked for me....Just noticed my spelling on the previous post...I'd just got up after a nightshift(*excuse*)....sorry..

Comment

i ordered a a&k m60vn from hk on friday dinnertime ,shipped via ups as requested, monday morning ups at midalnds airport clearance ring me about customs clearance form as retailer had not put ukara number on the package as requested.
            they emailed me the form ,filled it in emailed straight back was showing as cleared 10 minutes later and delivered 9.00am tuesday morning.
            ups pay the tax,vat plus 11 quid handling ,then you pay up on the doorstep or they wont take it out the van.
            never had any problems with ups ,compared to the equivalent 2 week wait from parcel force this was delivered in just over 3 days.
            customs had also opened it up to check it ,and when ups rang me they asked for what reason was i importing a firearm into the uk and did i have a firearms certificate.????
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

ups always ask that its on there sheet of questions to ask just fill out the forum and your done lol
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder how long my Maruzen PPK will be with Parcelforce. Never bought an RIF from HK before so not sure what exactly to expect with charges and time scale.

Comment

oh it`ll be here in a few days but then you have to wait anything from 1 day to a week or more for parcel forces little bill to be sent to you, personally I think thats the biggest joke when you see the service for the parcel is "24 hour delivery" so instead of calling or emailing you a bill they send a letter that can take a week to get to you lol.

I wonder if they would take so long if it was a human transplant organ ? lol

Infact thats a idea anyone got access to diplomatic post or organ post ? lol
                  sigpic

Comment

with parcel force, as soon as tracking shows uk clearance ring them and pay over the phone quoting tracking number, can save over a week on delivery time.
                    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

guys... you shouldn't be paying handling fees.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

the bill i was referring to was the duty/tax/vat charges parcel force pay for you and then claim backfrom you before delivery.
                        r.e the handling charge, my phone call to parcel force resulted in pay the handling/customs clearance charge or we wont deliver .
                        ups sorted out customs and charged 11quid for doing so which im not complaing about as there not going to do it for nothing.

Comment

Companies are clearly breaching several sections of the Postal Services Act; but if nobody is willing to argue the case then I guess they'll always be asking for it.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                            Companies are clearly breaching several sections of the Postal Services Act; but if nobody is willing to argue the case then I guess they'll always be asking for it.
                            yeh except until someone has the money, power and influence to beat a massive national company in court then we have to bow down to it
                            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                              I wonder how long my Maruzen PPK will be with Parcelforce. Never bought an RIF from HK before so not sure what exactly to expect with charges and time scale.
                              Ordered a set of Comtacts the other day and this is my tracking timescale if it helps.

13-07-2011 12:37 National Hub Received and processed
                              13-07-2011 05:47 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
                              13-07-2011 05:42 International Hub Received from Customs - charges to be paid
                              07-07-2011 20:12 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
                              07-07-2011 20:09 International Hub Received in destination country
                              06-07-2011 21:05 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Forwarded for export
                              06-07-2011 18:54 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              guys... you shouldn't be paying handling fees.
                              Care to offer a solution or a way round the charges then?
                              WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Here.....I may give it a go next time...:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
                                Working...
                                X