Information on support guns please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Information on support guns please?

You're better off getting a gun you'd enjoy, so although it might not be practical it doesn't mean you shouldn't get one. Airsoft is for fun, and everyone seems to be bashing the OP for his lack of knowledge on this or for him expressing that he is interested in more of a DM/LMG role, when he's created this thread purely to ask for everyone elses advice.

Just find a gun you like the look of and can live with and you know is reliable/has spare parts available; its good to have variety!
    sigpic

Comment

Personally stick to an assault. If you feel like supporting, whack an ARES SMAG in your rifle, 2500-3000rnds of auto windey goodness. Then stick a normal mag in and hey presto! I did this to my JG G36 after i stuck an m120 (motor) in it, i then doubled the voltage in the SMAG and it only just feeds fast enough. It lays down a hell of a blanket though! Also 5000 .2s on zeroone is like £8 :P

EDIT: Whoop! Ooh a video...
      Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 10 September, 2011, 19:48. Reason: Vid
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Tbh, get what you like! if you like a gun then get one. All guns can be upgraded to improve their performance, so you get what ever you feel like. Be it aniper or support gunner or a nor assulte rifle.
        That game is what you make of it!

Comment

The one with girly hair has a point!

Something like an SRC MG36 with a boxmag, not only do you have a support gun, but you have a light one. It'll also take normal mags so you can use it as a normal rifle. Best of both worlds.

(I keep thinking about converting my G36k into an MG36...)
          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'd avoid ares like the plauge. their m249 is made of horrible plastic, and the gearbox is made of some clear plastic more suited to a £10 springer. It WILL break. Not sure if this carries across to their other lmgs. I have an a&k m249 myself, and its great, but for a first aeg an assault rifle is the way to go.

Comment

Haha cheers guys,

Yeh im more onto the idea of buying a very big mag for a fast firing assault rifle and just pimping that out. Yes good point, i do this for fun so i'll be getting a gun no matter how 'impractical' it my seem haha, even if that be a minigun! but from my messing around with others, and my playstyle, i dont see it being too much a problem.

Thanks again for all of your input in helping me decide this.

Cheers, Rich
              sigpic

Comment

You will probably find using a assault rifle with a box mag or high cap better than a full on support weapon RCW05. Its your choice, but most support weapons are not cheap. Like someone here said, airsoft is about fun and if you like a gun get it, but spending some extra cash on an M60 or MOD that will be more cumbersome to use but will still only have the same effect as a regular AEG might not be a good idea.

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                Some brave words from behind your computer monitor. I'd like to see you say that to my face keyboard warrior.
                For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                Check out my other sales!

Comment

A&K M60`s are pretty nice for the money full metal and they have a dial that lets you adjust the rof and a fast spring change system too
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post

Something like an SRC MG36
                    Erm thanks... Dont go src either. Unless you like your piston stripped.
                    Mines JG, one of their 'Advanced' ones that they brought out about a week before the customs clampdown.

EDIT: it has full metal internals...

Comment

Oh dear, i fear there is a troll in our midsts.. or someone easily trolled. haha. Im currently looking at buying an M4A1, to then buy a large mag of some type, i havent a clue what types of drum mags there are or where you buy em, but i know you can. would anyone be able to suggest internals etc for a AEG come support rifle?

Rich
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RCW05 View Post
                        Oh dear, i fear there is a troll in our midsts.. or someone easily trolled. haha. Im currently looking at buying an M4A1, to then buy a large mag of some type, i havent a clue what types of drum mags there are or where you buy em, but i know you can. would anyone be able to suggest internals etc for a AEG come support rifle?

Rich
                        For ROF get an m120 motor, just make sure youre gearbox can take the extra strain!
                        And as for the troll, we shall find him...

Comment

Lots of folks frown upon M4s with box mags attached and will flame you with "why not get a support gun?" You can't win really.

I have an A&K M249 that is bog standard and never misses a beat. It cost me £100 2nd hand. It shoots less ammo than you think it would as I use a 7.4 Lipo battery and get a nice steady rate of fire. (My G&P M4 sounds twice as fast!) The 249 is very heavy when carted around all day.

I also have an ARES/ASG M60e4 that is also very, very nice. Very sturdy! It shoots incredibly well and again, uses less ammo than you would think. This feels a lot lighter than the 249. Benefits of this are the quick spring access, large battery compartment and box mag powered by the main battery as standard. Downsides are that it is more expensive to buy and the box mag is located on the left of the receiver which makes it a little awkward for right handers to carry, specially if using a sling.

If you fancy playing in a support gunners role, get a support gun!

Comment

If your supporting a sniper I don't think a support gun is a good idea. LMGs attract attention, snipers generally try to avoid it (well, good ones do.)

If your wanting to be a spotter for him go for a carbine (M4 or similar) with a decent optic (ACOG, Spectre etc) and a low pro loadout so you can suppress and bug out quickly when you need to.

That way your equipped for that job, but can also fulfil others should the notion take you or the situation require.

Comment

Yeh, it was more for when sh*t hits the fan i would start firing haha, wouldnt be attracting attention to myself.

I've decided to go for the M4 methinks, will look into the different motor aswell,

Thanks guys!

Rich
                              sigpic

Comment

TBH, for supporting a sniper, a P90 would probably be better.
                                With the mag on top, the gun has a lower profile and you can get as low to the ground as the sniper.

A sten would have the same advantage, but fewer add-on options.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RCW05 I R REAL SOLDIER! Find out more about RCW05
                                Working...
                                X