This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spraying a two tone gun

So, what about 'ukapu' or 'aoba' as a defense for junior members, surely these are like the equivalent for the younger players?

Still, i am certainly not encouraging people to spray those bright green things, we all call, 'two-tones'.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
      So, what about 'ukapu' or 'aoba' as a defense for junior members, surely these are like the equivalent for the younger players?
      You've lost me. Being a "junior member" (under 18?) then ANY defence is surely a moot point.
      bought [bawt]
      verb
      Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
      brought [brawt]
      verb
      Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Just wrap a bit of skrim netting around the gun at site, remove before leaving.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          Just wrap a bit of skrim netting around the gun at site, remove before leaving.
          Again, missing the point. This thread (or, dare I say, any other thread on these forums) will not advise you methods of circumventing THE LAW. If you or your mates do these things, you are running the risk (however small you may think it is) of getting nicked, and NOT have a defence to the charge.

RR, correct me if Im wrong here, but:
          Even wrapping scrim net, covering the 2-tone features makes the IF become a RIF. This is the same as manufacturing a RIF.
          bought [bawt]
          verb
          brought [brawt]
          verb

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            I punch you in the face and get taken to court. In court I prove that you threw the first punch, so I have the defence that I was acting in self defence. Punching you in the face is always illegal, but there are certain circumstances where the law allows you to break that law.

Buying, importing, manufacturing etc a realistic imitation firearm is always illegal, but if we have a problem with the police/courts, there is a defence available to us that means under very limited conditions we can break that law and not get punished for it.

I like that..very nice... :D
            sigpic
            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
              RR, correct me if Im wrong here, but:
              Even wrapping scrim net, covering the 2-tone features makes the IF become a RIF. This is the same as manufacturing a RIF.
              To be honest, I can't see the harm in it. You are covering the gun, not converting it (which would probably need to be permanent to be considered an offence).

BUT, bear in mind, I've done lots of reading on the act and keep my ears to the ground in relation to charges and convictions. I've also had contact with ACPO and been copied-in on correspondence from the HO. None of these things mean that I have any certainty on this subject. There simply isn't the case law needed yet to give definitive answers, only varying degrees of educated guesses.
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting.

All said and done - why would anyone want to be the test case for the sake of holding off for a couple of games & months?
                bought [bawt]
                verb
                brought [brawt]
                verb

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                  Interesting.

All said and done - why would anyone want to be the test case for the sake of holding off for a couple of games & months?
                  Lol, to be honest I think this conversation's gone far beyond the point of a practical discussion and is now a theoretical discussion. Reading the act again, the burden of proof is on the prosecution, and they'll never be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you weren't intending to use the sprayed gun in the production of a film (where you interestingly don't need 3rd party insurance to qualify for the defence). Silly act is littered with loopholes, and really needs tightening but whatever...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                  Working...
                  X