Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Customs are refusing to release my AIRSOFT PARTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs are refusing to release my AIRSOFT PARTS!

So i was in the process of importing some replacement parts for a GLOCK pistol

namely a new slide, two gas mags and some springs (nothing else), when TNT give me a call saying customs are refusing to release my parts and are requesting a UKARA number

Since when were PARTS re-classified as RIFs?

This seems like an illegal seizure to me, i am going to give them a call tomoz to try and find out more, anyone else had a similar experience?

Grrrrrrrr

While yes its wrong and a royal pain in the chuff, why not, if your UKARA registered or even have site membership, save yourself the hassle and give them the details they need?

Comment

Re: Customs are refusing to release my AIRSOFT PARTS!

In this instance it is a matter of principle, They have no leagal right to hold onto my parts, If they stop mine from coming through then it is only a matter of time before they stop all from coming through, or worst still start charging people when they do!

Comment

The problem is that customs have gotten wise to people importing a complete RIF in pieces in separate packages. THEY'RE the ones to blame, not HMRC.

Just give them the details.

Comment

So you are going to phone them up, have a huge argument and quote the law to the guys who have your parts when all they want is a number. Just hand it over and hope they don't charge you or decide to scrap them all together. It's not a big deal unless you want to make it a big deal.

Comment

If you don't have a UKARA number, it will go back to the sender in your case.

Bollocks to principles. Stop being such a cry baby and give them the damn number. If you have one that is

Comment

Principles my chuff.
              They have you by the dangly bits realy.
              And a simple and polite call with the info they require will get your parts released.

Comment

So the OP asked a simple question and gets flamed for it. Awesome!

A simple, hand over your UKARA/site membership number, would suffice.

@OP, I hope you get your parts pal.
                Preview
                Armoury:
                - Magpul PTS Masada
                - KJworks KC02
                - TM P226
                - KWA Glock 17

Comment

We did the proper thing, of simply advising to send the number.

What did you expect the next step to be? For us to say pretty please?

Comment

Flamed how do you come to that conclusion?

Apart from Bens comment and maybe my own to a degree, the guy has got a short sweet simple answer, the fact that a couple of the answers are a bit colourful is far from flaming in my eyes, if anything its a part of the forum.

Comment

Weirdly enough I had a similar experience when I imported my G&P Gear box and a box of metal armalite mags from HK. After a short phone call to the customs office I managed to get everything sorted. Just call them or send them a letter and give them your site membership/UKARA registration number. There's no point in being pissy about it, if you're a registered skirmisher just get on with it.

Comment

I ordered x2 Glock mags but all I did was put my UKARA number on the comments section of my payment instead of adding a contact number as well. Hopefully my package still ariives and if it don't then either the seller is getting abused (if they haven't added my UKARA to package) or customs is getting abused for being mongs despite having a UKARA number on parcel.

Comment

On the one hand he could just hand over his details yes, but on the other if he explains the errors made then perhaps someone within the customs department there will make a note of it and it won't happen to the next guy who imports a metal slide!

Does anyone know for sure how customs check people on the UKARA DB? Do they have access now, I know last year when I spoke to someone at customs when I was importing a RIF they said they had no way to check so needed my site membership instead.

It's a beautiful f**king bill...

Comment

Without sounding sarcastic, once he has tried to correct the probably poor underpaid, over worked customs bod over the phone, who probably gets paid his or her measly wage just to listen to people like the OP over the phone all day, how far do you realy think its going to go once the phone has been put down?
                            Nowhere.
                            The phone will ring again with the next person moaning that there M4 shapped teddy bear has just been destroyed, and the last conversation will be forgotten.

Why make life hard for yourself?

All this foot stomping and moaning will just get rules changed for the worse in the long run.

My bet is they just see it on the box and think "happy days" let it through.

Might change one or two digits on mine next time i order from Asia see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan Raven View Post
                              customs is getting abused for being mongs despite having a UKARA number on parcel.
                              Idiot. Stupidly immature comment. Tisane says it all in the below comment.

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              Without sounding sarcastic, once he has tried to correct the probably poor underpaid, over worked customs bod over the phone, who probably gets paid his or her measly wage just to listen to people like the OP over the phone all day, how far do you realy think its going to go once the phone has been put down?
                              Nowhere.
                              The phone will ring again with the next person moaning that there M4 shapped teddy bear has just been destroyed, and the last conversation will be forgotten.

Why make life hard for yourself?

All this foot stomping and moaning will just get rules changed for the worse in the long run.

My bet is they just see it on the box and think "happy days" let it through.
                              Spot on ^^^^. You don't get anywhere abusing someone over the phone. Nor does it help out sport so think before you call up giving the big man act

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vindicator Find out more about Vindicator
                              Working...
                              X