Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Customs are refusing to release my AIRSOFT PARTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customs are refusing to release my AIRSOFT PARTS!

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
    On the one hand he could just hand over his details yes, but on the other if he explains the errors made then perhaps someone within the customs department there will make a note of it and it won't happen to the next guy who imports a metal slide!
    It's not an error. They're holding it in case the rest of the RIF comes in a second package. Blame the cretins who illegally imported RIFs in parts and got caught.

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
    Does anyone know for sure how customs check people on the UKARA DB? Do they have access now, I know last year when I spoke to someone at customs when I was importing a RIF they said they had no way to check so needed my site membership instead.
    The "UKARA number" is your site membership number, so it doesn't matter how they check it.

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
    Actually now I've woken up a little more I've had time to think a bit. Normally when holding items the HMRC contact you by post informing you of the reason they have held your item. They usually contact you directly not the courier if it's being held under the VCRA act that obviously requires proof of skirmishing etc.
    I don't think they will have sent a notice if they're delaying it while waiting for a second parcel. As far as the call from TNT is concerned, they actively track parcels through customs, and probably asked why it was held. The OP is probably getting a "filtered" version of HMRC saying "We'll hold it for a few days in case another part comes through, or release it now if we're provided with defence details". TNT see the quick way and it becomes "Customs won't release it without a UKARA number".

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
    I would just give the number this time but mention that they have no legal right to withold these items and request a ukara number.
    They do - Suspicion of illegally importing an imitation firearm.

Comment

To be fair it's out of everyones hands. You can provide all the details you possibly can and hope they let the package go. All depends on who (at the time) is dealing with your package. Many people order from abroad so I don't see why they wouldn't have the knowledge about airsoft RIFS/parts and the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
        It's not an error. They're holding it in case the rest of the RIF comes in a second package. Blame the cretins who illegally imported RIFs in parts and got caught.

The "UKARA number" is your site membership number, so it doesn't matter how they check it.

I don't think they will have sent a notice if they're delaying it while waiting for a second parcel. As far as the call from TNT is concerned, they actively track parcels through customs, and probably asked why it was held. The OP is probably getting a "filtered" version of HMRC saying "We'll hold it for a few days in case another part comes through, or release it now if we're provided with defence details". TNT see the quick way and it becomes "Customs won't release it without a UKARA number".

I've dealt with customs a few times and each time they've notified me directly (even when using TNT as a courier). HMRC notify you in writing generally at least that's my experience.

Comment

Seems to me the OP simply needs to ring HMRC and give them the number. The reason it will of been stopped is it is a slide and mags together. Much like Ebay don't allow silencers or objects that resemble firearms parts.

Just give them the number, of course I am more than guessing you don't aren't on the UKARA database or have site membership seeing as you are kicking up such a fuss. If this is the case you may be buggered if it has been stopped.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Oh good lord. Stop it children!

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post

i think the above sums it up quite well

personally i would not have the time or patience to try and fight them on points of law,or whatever reasons they have of keeping it...i would begrudgingly just give them what they want, and hope it doesnt happen again
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                Seems to me the OP simply needs to ring HMRC and give them the number. The reason it will of been stopped is it is a slide and mags together. Much like Ebay don't allow silencers or objects that resemble firearms parts.

Just give them the number, of course I am more than guessing you don't aren't on the UKARA database or have site membership seeing as you are kicking up such a fuss. If this is the case you may be buggered if it has been stopped.
                If that's the case the OP's parts could be destroyed.

Comment

HMRC have more powers than any of the other civilian agencies, it's not a good idea to wind them up no matter who's in the wrong.

Just give them the details they've asked for and wait for the items to arrive.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've dealt with customs a few times and each time they've notified me directly (even when using TNT as a courier). HMRC notify you in writing generally at least that's my experience.
                    Yes, They notify you if it's a case of "give us the details or we destroy it". But if they're DELAYING it in case another part comes through, I don't think they would. After all, it was TNT that called the OP, not HMRC.

And on that note, I've had a RIF delayed by HMRC. I phoned TNT who said HMRC wanted my UKARA number. I gave it to them.
                    When the package arrived, it had "UKARA - SABxxxxx" (with the correct number in place of xxxxx) printed in the notes box on the front of the package, just as I'd asked the sender to do...

Comment

so does this now mean that even to order parts from overseas you need to have site membership ? Has UKARA gone international? : 0 (Sarcasm) Where does this leave you in cases where you order springs and hop up rubbers etc, or is this just applicable to exterior gun parts. Obviously we all only order stuff from Zero one and therefore discussions of this nature are moot but just for the sake of argument.
                      Last edited by Double 0 Jedi; 15 December, 2011, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
                        so does this now mean that even to order parts from overseas you need to have site membership ? Has UKARA gone international? : 0 Where does this leave you in cases where you order springs and hop up rubbers etc, or is this just applicable to exterior gun parts. Obviously we all only order stuff from Zero one and therefore discussions of this nature are moot but just for the sake of argument.
                        How would this mean that UKARA went international? The VCRA act applies to all RIFs/IFs in the UK. That includes those being imported into the country.

Comment

I think OP is dead as he hasnt replied once...I think he has phoned them by now and given the number over like a good boy and now even has the parts fitted in his glock....I have a beard now, lets put it to bed as this is turning into another UKARA battle.

Comment

How would this mean that UKARA went international? The VCRA act applies to all RIFs/IFs in the UK. That includes those being imported into the country.
                            Check the edit my friend, the insertion of the word SARCASM was a bit of a give away that I might not have been completely serious. Just if you need to provide proof of site membership for a pistol slide do you need to do the same for a hop-up rubber ? Breath deeply and count to 10 mate, it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
                              Check the edit my friend, the insertion of the word SARCASM was a bit of a give away that I might not have been completely serious. Just if you need to provide proof of site membership for a pistol slide do you need to do the same for a hop-up rubber ? Breath deeply and count to 10 mate, it helps.
                              Sorry man exhausted at the moment and my sarcasm detector/reading skills are shot! :p

Comment

It's all good bro.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vindicator Find out more about Vindicator
                                Working...
                                X