Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two tone questions

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    No. That is classed as manufacturing a RIF. You can paint it bright green/blue/orange again, but not black.
    Manufacturing is prohibited under 1(a) of section36
    Changing colour is 1(b) modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

Modification is a deliberate act. The loss of paint through wear and tear is not a deliberate act so IS NOT modification and not against the law. The seller should ensure that the paint job wont wear off easily

This highlights the problem of painting guns 2-tone to get around the VCRA and why its open to abuse. Like collectors getting pistols 2-toned with water based paint for import and then removing it for display

2-tones should be MANUFACTURED from bright coloured plastic so if they are scratched they remain the same colour.

To answer the OP. The laws does not require you to repaint. You are not allowed to deliberately remove the paint

Comment

Really, just leave it wearing off. Noone can moan at that. Not from a legal standpoint anyways.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

The law ???

A banana has caused people to be charged under the firearms act. If I was under 18 and owned a IF I would do all I could to make sure it stayed an IF once I was over 18 I would get my ukara on my birthday and strip the pain, re-paint or buy a new gun and own a RIF.

If the OP is under 18 that is I never got his age, if he`s over 18 then I can`t see how the paint would be coming off inside of 2 months or 3 games. Stop playing with your rifle alone in your bedroom man lol

Can`t blame him I guess we must all play with them alone at home lol
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
          A banana has caused people to be charged under the firearms act. If I was under 18 and owned a IF I would do all I could to make sure it stayed an IF once I was over 18 I would get my ukara on my birthday and strip the pain, re-paint
          It shouldn't make a difference if he's over or under 18. The age restriction in the VCRA relates to the sale/purchase of IFs and not to the defence against section 36 offences so someone under 18 should be just as eligible to claim a defence as someone over 18.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the police, ust certain individuals.

3 times I have been arrested, first time for theft reported by a few people who had a hatred of me and was jealous of me joining the TA. These allegations were proved false about 5 months later.

Second time was for 'rape' (this was the day after I split up with my girlfriend and she was bitter and twisted! :@)

Third time was for breaking bail conditions for the 'rape' a few days after. At the time I hated all the police because I could of lost everything!
            All finished in January when they finally realised what a lieing .... she was.

As long as you dont gob off to them and they think your a nice bloke theyll do more to help you, especially in serious cases. (Trying to chat up the investigating officer probably helped aswell lol).

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
              No difference in law, I'd love to see you try to argue this.
              Actually, there IS a difference in law between manufacture and modification, indicated by the fact that they saw fit to specifically prohibit both in separate clauses.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matthewck Find out more about Matthewck
              Working...
              X