Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What's to stop a friend from buying guns for me with his UKARA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's to stop a friend from buying guns for me with his UKARA?

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
    ANYBODY can GIFT ANYBODY ANYTHING....GIFTing has no age restrictions.
    GIFTing: go nuts, anything to anyone, just NO MONEY INVOLVED!!
    Would you like to go away and read the laws on air weapons before you defend that statement that "ANYTHING" can be gifted with "no age restrictions"?

to sell an IF, you only have to be over 18.
    Where does it say that? It certainly isn't in VCRA or any of the imitation firearms regulations. An under-18 can sell items legally, but there are restrictions regarding entering into a binding contract. That doesn't mean, though, that an under-18 can't buy and sell, it just removes some of the protections that the parties have if things go wrong. This has no bearing on selling imitation firearms specifically.
    Last edited by Caveira; 3 February, 2012, 15:25. Reason: Spelling and additional info
    sigpic

Comment

should have typed that better.

to sell an IF the BUYER must be over 18.

with regards to the gifting, by ANYTHING I'm referring to anything airsoft related. i have no idea what air gun laws (or any other gun laws for that mater) are, but those laws aren't the ones in question here.
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
        Which law says this and where?
        Are you the same sort of person who thinks it's not law breaking for Kids to give me a tenner and for me to buy alcohol for them from Tesco?

Don't be an ar**hat your enitre life, use common sense if you have any!

And yes, you are commiting an offence if you purchase alcohol for someone who doesn't have the right to own/drink it and they are breaking the law by then accepting it, haven't you ever seen the Police take alcohol away from someone who was going to give it to an underage person and then nick them, if you haven't you either live on cloud cuckoo land or somewhere very isolated.

Don't think for a minute that just because you haven't thought of a law that it doesn't exist, good old captain home office is pretty good at making sure they can haul your arse up in court, you wouldn't think that giving coca cola to a baby would constitute me breaking the law would you, well guess what I know a dozen solicitors who would say I have commited an offence under the Children Act 1989, why? you scream because a babies digestive system is not able to handle the gasses and acids contained in colas and as an adult I should know that and by giving the baby cola I have knowingly given the child a potentially harmfull substance.

So in short, think before opening large hole under nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          Are you the same sort of person who thinks it's not law breaking for Kids to give me a tenner and for me to buy alcohol for them from Tesco?
          No, especially as the rest of my post talks about there being an offence for just that. Having said that prior to 2000 it wasn't against the law which is why they introduced the Licensing (Young Persons) Act 2000.

And yes, you are commiting an offence if you purchase alcohol for someone who doesn't have the right to own/drink it and they are breaking the law by then accepting it, haven't you ever seen the Police take alcohol away from someone who was going to give it to an underage person and then nick them, if you haven't you either live on cloud cuckoo land or somewhere very isolated.
          What has this got to do with anything I said in my post? I never said or implied that it wouldn't be an offence to purchase alcohol for someone who doesn't have the right to own/drink it or for them to accept it. You seem to be arguing against a point I never made for some reason.

Comment

You seem to believe that just because you don't know of a law prohibiting something that it doesn't exist, you also seem to take delight in winding people up by professing to understand every point of law relating to the sale of RIFs, IFs and everythying else in the UK.

Wouldn't it simply be easier for you to say, I don't know for sure so I wouldn't risk it if I were you or as I said in another post is that too much like common sense.

In all fairness I think this thread has run it's course with two trains of thought prevailing and another that I wouldn't really consider calling thought, would a moderator be able to close this.

Comment

You seem to believe that just because you don't know of a law prohibiting something that it doesn't exist, you also seem to take delight in winding people up by professing to understand every point of law relating to the sale of RIFs, IFs and everythying else in the UK.
              Where have I said or implied anything about believing that just because I don't know of a law prohibiting something that it doesn't exist? Or professed to understand every point of law relating to the sale of RIFs, IFs and everythying else in the UK? I have asked questions which I have supported with what I think is relevant documentation but that doesn't mean to profess I understand everything. I'm perfectly happy to be shown where I've got something wrong or misunderstood something but I'm not going to stop questioning things that I don't think make sense, are contrary to other things or seem to be a line that people are just parroting without knowing why.

Comment

You dont NEED to have UKARA to prove you're a skirmisher... it just happens to be the easiest and most widely accepted way of proving it.

Ive been airsofting for about 3 years now. My UKARA expired about a year ago, the site I was registered at has closed down. Ive been playing at a few different local sites but not registered with any of them (because they want £70 a year membership before theyll stamp your UKARA form, fuck that shit right off!).

More than once Ive said to a mate "hey, heres the money, buy this for me will ya?".

Anyone got a problem with that? Or think I should be thrown in jail and banned from airsoft for life?

The VCRA is a poorly thought out, badly worded, typical kneejerk reaction to appease Mothers Against Anything Vaugely Fun, and all the other anti-gun wankers out there, that blame airsoft, TV, films, video games, paintball, car owners, foriegn people, aethiests, religious people, books, the news, labour, the tories, UKIP, the EU and everything else under the sun for all societys problems.

That being said, my new local site has just got registered with UKARA and now doing UKARA paperwork for a very reasonable £15 a year site membership, which Im more than happy to pay as it gives me half price green fees for the year. So within the next month or so Ill have my own number and everything will be kosher again.

Comment

Okay, as somewhat expected, this has turned into a bit of a flame thread between a few, why do we love arguing over VCRA / UKARA so much? Anyway, I got the essence of the situation, so thanks.

Comment

Oh it's not that we love arguing over the VCRA it's just that there are a couple of Google Lawyers on the boards whose sum experience with the law is watching judge dredd on dvd but yes I agree this thread has run it's course, I think as the OP you should be able to close it.

Comment

Oh it's not that we love arguing over the VCRA it's just that there are a couple of Google Lawyers on the boards whose sum experience with the law is watching judge dredd on dvd but yes I agree this thread has run it's course, I think as the OP you should be able to close it.
                      Fil is just an arsehole he's being pedantic and wants to get airsoft banned by making our community looks like a bunch of idiots that like to exploit loopholes in and law and potentially create more legislation and further restrictions upon us.

Comment

Oh it's not that we love arguing over the VCRA it's just that there are a couple of Google Lawyers on the boards whose sum experience with the law is watching judge dredd on dvd.
                        You mean like the people who claim that the VCRA requires buyers rather than sellers to have a defence? Or claim that UK law doesn't apply to sales that take place in the UK?

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                        Fil is just an arsehole he's being pedantic and wants to get airsoft banned by making our community looks like a bunch of idiots that like to exploit loopholes in and law and potentially create more legislation and further restrictions upon us.
                        I'm sorry if people asking questions rather than just accepting what they've been told parrot fashion bothers you. How about instead of throwing insults around you try putting together a cohesive reasoned argument to demonstrate why i'm wrong or have misunderstood something?

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
                          You mean like the people who claim that the VCRA requires buyers rather than sellers to have a defence? Or claim that UK law doesn't apply to sales that take place in the UK?

I'm sorry if people asking questions rather than just accepting what they've been told parrot fashion bothers you. How about instead of throwing insults around you try putting together a cohesive reasoned argument to demonstrate why i'm wrong or have misunderstood something?
                          I'm not saying your right or wrong just that your misrepresenting airsofters as people that intepret the law in a way that suits them when the law was written is was pretty black and white and they didn't have a proper understanding of it now a few years down the line we've discovered there are loopholes that weren't covered that your telling everyone to exploit and put our sport at risk if we don't police our own sport and make sure the guns get into the hands of actual skirmishers what's to stop a criminal from coming on here and buying a gun because Fil says that the buyers don't need a defence?

Comment

Yet another thread derailed by trolling by a single person and treating a forum like their own personal playground. I've requested the thread be closed.

To the OP: I don't see a problem with it to be honest, although I wouldn't do it for a collector. I'd only do it for someone who has a genuine interest, or skirmishes but doesn't have a site membership.

Comment

Quick question so is my Colt Civilian SAA a RIF or an IF or none of the above
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Wouldn't it be a RIF? Although something tells me it's none of the above? Is it a cap firer? (at least that's what's come up in google)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blobface Find out more about blobface
                                Working...
                                X