Be careful with those pyro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful with those pyro's

A young guy that was skirmishing with us on Sunday went to use a smoke grenade it blew up in his hand as soon as he struck it! He got some nasty burns a green hand and a perforated eardrum!! Check them before you use them and avoid cheap and nasty...it's not worth the risk!

Re: Be careful with those pyro's

2 Somehow managed to self ignite in my pouch, they didn't even have the caps on them. They're meant to be like safety matches aren't they?
    Made a nice hole!
    CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP
    THE DOGS OF WAR!

Comment

make sure you have good gloves! just might save your skin

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

I have never understood safety matches! They still burn the same!

Comment

Originally posted by nicholashay View Post
          I have never understood safety matches! They still burn the same!
          but they cant be lit on walls etc or something that causes friction, unlike nomal matches which makes them safer.

Comment

A manufacturer would be useful, they would want to know there was an issue with the product!

Comment

Not known. I will ask the victim when/if I see him again. I think he will be out for a while with a perforated ear drum!

Comment

I got put in hospital from a Marroon that went off preamturely. Got a lovely scar on my right hand that had to be stitched up, and a nice ringing in my right ear that keeps me company during silent times!!

ill see if i can get a picture up later for ya!
                Originally posted by Artekus
                It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

The pyro he was using was enola gayes 60 second smoke grenades, and the site is sending the batch back

Comment

Not a nice way to get hurt, but at least he should be able to get a decent amount of compensation from the manufacturer, which will go towards some new shiny toys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      Not a nice way to get hurt, but at least he should be able to get a decent amount of compensation from the manufacturer, which will go towards some new shiny toys.
                      Luckily the enduro was going on just around the site so paramedics were only 30secs away he looked pretty shooken up tho

Comment

Mate of mine had a Thermobaric in his 95 pattern ammo pouch it managed to light itself and go off in the pouch, blew him to the ground was funny to watch, turned the pouch black and left him unhurt fortuantly otherwise it wouldnt have been funny.
                        Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

I can remember a few games ago,

One lad bought a few Pyro's and put on in his bag so he could use it after lunch.

Few seconds later, BOOM. thing went off on its own!

Unsure what happend.

Steve
                          My Armory:
                          ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

A friend of mine had a thermo in a pouch that sat under his trigger arm, unfortunately the same thermo had its disconnected cap in the same pouch, a little bit of friction later and boom, 3rd degree burns on the underside of his arm, including shrapnel. Nice bit of scaring left over. Funnily enough his brother had suffered a thermo incident only months before with equal amounts of scaring :P

Comment

Some kid at our site was DUMB enough to pick up a throw dynatec, just say he lost a lot of skin and well he is used now in the safety brief.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nicholashay New to the UK from Australia. Looking to get involved alot more! Ex-Australian military. Find out more about nicholashay
                              Working...
                              X