Be careful with those pyro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be careful with those pyro's

i only use tlsfx someone at might airsoft site lit a dangerzone paintball smoke and it expolded like a ball greande

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
      Does this mean that under 18's were allowed to use pyros before? If so, thats rather illegal, seeing as pyros are essentially a firework.
      No, this means only over 18's can use pyro's
      sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
      Originally posted by Kagedwolf
      I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
      Originally posted by Major
      well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

Does this mean that under 18's were allowed to use pyros before? If so, thats rather illegal, seeing as pyros are essentially a firework.

I do miss pyros, dangerous as they may be.

Comment

No, you have to be over 18 to buy them, but anyone could use them so over 18s could let under 18s use them. Now you have to be over 18 to use pyros during the skirmish.

Comment

I was at my airsoft club a couple of weeks ago
            (Lincolshire Airsoft club)

i was laid on top of a hill firing down the hill....

next thing i know, a granade landed between my legs behind me......
            i didnt notice til it had gone off............

next thing i hear is SORRY!!!!

it had been thrown by one of my own team........ bounced back off a tree and landed between my knees.....

Comment

During my second game of airsoft *ahem* years ago, I lit a EG Pea grenade which fizzled when I struck it then went *phut*.

I, stupidly, stared at the thing for a full 5 seconds whilst I tried to work out if it was lit.
              Then the world went white for a second and my gloved fist had been opened and my pea grenade had disappeared....
              I yelled hit and went for a sit down......and I was deaf for about 2 hours.

I learned 3 things:
              1. If the pyro MIGHT be lit throw it RIGHT AWAY
              2. Gloves are an essential tool for airsoft
              3. EG Pea grenades suck- My face and body might have been 6" from the thing but I didn't even get hit by a single pea.
              Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

all these pyro accidents are the reason i now only use bfg's. sure you cant throw them overarm like striker nades but when you playt urban-cqb like me thats not a problem. best investment i ever made.

(percussion caps for them are great. 100 for a tenner)

Comment

what are the 3rd gens like do they have a mint feel 8 quid like

Comment

Originally posted by wattsy View Post
                    all these pyro accidents are the reason i now only use bfg's. sure you cant throw them overarm like striker nades but when you playt urban-cqb like me thats not a problem. best investment i ever made.

(percussion caps for them are great. 100 for a tenner)
                    percussion caps? is that another term for blanks? mind pming me where you get them please
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Wow, there are alot of posts here on mishaps! Perhaps there needs to be more safety instruction included with them when thy are sold re: use and storage?

Comment

they are very small blanks. the only ones that you can use at the manchester killhouse and drakelow tunnels. still give more bank than a mk3.

i buy them from the site shops there

Comment

well i had my first pyro accident on saturday. nothing major but as i went to strike the cap on a MKV my finger slipped down and across the gap where the fuse and cap contact and my finger instantly turnd black. i spent the next 10 minutes with my finger in the drinks cooler. hurt like a b***h but its stopped hurting now. It hurt so much at the time that it didnt hurt until after I'd thrown the pyro. PROTIP: keep a tight grip on the cap so you fingers dont slip.

Comment

Heres the pic of my hand after my pyro incident
                            Originally posted by Artekus
                            It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

thats gross

Comment

shiver urrggghhh - that is gross. I've had my armoured paintball gloves melted by a pea grenade that popped as soon as i lit the thing.

and my mate had a nice little hole burnt in his combats when one managed to light itself and popped in his pocket -thankfully by some wierd fluke of nature he didn't get burnt - otherwise we would've been stuck at the site him being the driver and all that.

so im trying out a tornado that typically isn't working ggrrrrr

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nicholashay New to the UK from Australia. Looking to get involved alot more! Ex-Australian military. Find out more about nicholashay
                                Working...
                                X