• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be careful with those pyro's

Originally posted by thefallacy View Post
    make sure you have good gloves! just might save your skin
    Not true.
    Pyro's burn at a very high temp, i couldn't tell you exactly, but i had a 5 minute TLSFX smoke go off in a pouch, as a result i ended up with my gloves burnt and, in places melted to my hand.
    Thankfully, quick thinking friends managed to removed the burnt and melted glove so there was little damage.
    And don't expect compo from pyro companies. All you'll get is 'the pyro must have been used in a manner not intended.
    Thats my xp, at any rate.
    Ratty
    Trader Feedback.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
      Not true.
      Pyro's burn at a very high temp, i couldn't tell you exactly, but i had a 5 minute TLSFX smoke go off in a pouch, as a result i ended up with my gloves burnt and, in places melted to my hand.
      Thankfully, quick thinking friends managed to removed the burnt and melted glove so there was little damage.
      And don't expect compo from pyro companies. All you'll get is 'the pyro must have been used in a manner not intended.
      Thats my xp, at any rate.
      Ratty
      Whilst I do agree with you Ratty, Fallacy has a point- Imagine if you had just been holding the pyro and not had any gloves on!
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The temptation when a pyro or pea grenade lands near by is to pick it up and throw it back.

On a couple of occasions I have started towards a pyro and then checked myself and run away from it.

Some sites use things like crow scarers and I would seriously not want to have one in your hand if that went off!

If its lit, its leaving my hand right away.

I generally don't bother with pyro's to be honest. Few people take hits from them and the pea grenades are pretty much useless and expensive.

£3-£3.50 a shot? Seriously, thats how many mags worth of bb's?

I know it might sound daft, but I think it would be fair if every person was allowed a single yellow tennis ball to use as a grenade. Only under arm throws allowed and not bother with pyro's other than smoke.

Comment

I see what your saying there General, but pyros are for me part of the game.
          Nobody would run from a tennis ball.

In woodland tennis ball grenades are a nuisance, bit of a branch and the change direction.

In urban, they're much more effective, posting into rooms etc where if your poking your head round a door, your gonna get a face full of bb's!!

You'll always get a dodgy pyro, generally ive only ever experienced ones that theres only a fuse in the grenade, and no final 'BANG!'
          Originally posted by Artekus
          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Its strange, at all of my airsoft saftey briefs that i have heard/seen they say always wear gloves, and yet in the military excersise briefs i have heard/seen they say dont wear gloves? the exc's i have been on they have used both military grade smokes and also airsoft/paintball grade smokes with the friction match surface. so idk... but i have learnt 2 rules, dont put your hand over the huge burning flame like a retarded person i once knew did, and i forgot the other rule. :P meh im sure it was important.

Comment

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
              Not true.
              Ditto, I lit and tossed mine immediatly, 10 seconds later and the game was over, went back to the safe zone only to discover the flame had managed to burn the opposite side of my glove to my hand :? still don't know how it happened, that was woodland though,
              A few games ago in urban in the bunker, one of my ACU mates just bought some grenades was locking and loading when it went off, he tried to extinguish it with hs hand. repeatedly. to no effect and ended up chucking it under the table and we all ran (thought it was a pea grenade and we had no eye protection on) As soon as it went of he was apoligetic, but no one was bothered, we were just all concerend wether he was ok. turns out he melted the glove to his habd and got 2nd degree burns, they cleaned him up as best they could and took him to the hospital (which is only 2 mins max up the road, but they wanna close its A&E ) :/
              I was petrified that my grenades will go off in my Medic pouch I store them in, but the ones I have have to have their levers pulled off, then strike the cap which is underneath and concealed by the lever, with the top of the lever. After youve taken the pin out, so it looks increadibly safe, and cool looking at the same time, Enola Gaye all the way
              Feenix
              sigpic
              G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Perhaps, if you're going to carry hot burning pyro, it might be worth stitching part of a kitchen fire blanket into the pouch you keep them in, to make a flame-proof lining. That way, if they ignite in the pouch, the damage will be kept to a minimum.

Any left-over blanket can be carried to put out ones that ignite where you don't want them to.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                  Perhaps, if you're going to carry hot burning pyro, it might be worth stitching part of a kitchen fire blanket into the pouch you keep them in, to make a flame-proof lining. That way, if they ignite in the pouch, the damage will be kept to a minimum.

Any left-over blanket can be carried to put out ones that ignite where you don't want them to.
                  Ahh! Now that is a smart Idea, I'll look into buying on thaks mate Appreciate it.
                  Feenix
                  sigpic
                  G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Anyone seen what damage a BFG does when it comes bang i have seen Black marks left on walls, due to the flames coming out the side, it landed right next to the wall tho, so the flame didnt travel more than an inch. Anyone seen anything worse or damage to kit??
                    Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by theplage1234 View Post
                      Anyone seen what damage a BFG does when it comes bang i have seen Black marks left on walls, due to the flames coming out the side, it landed right next to the wall tho, so the flame didnt travel more than an inch. Anyone seen anything worse or damage to kit??
                      a guy at my local site last week had a smoke go off in his pocket set his trousers on fire, made a hole to be fair he dodnt want the game to stop and carrid on!

Comment

At the site I go to they have imposed the over 18 policy now with pyros. I'd rather not get set on fire anyway so I'm just going to stay clear. Especially cheap ones.

Comment

last game i went to, there were a few dodgy pyros going about. some that wouldnt light at all and others that would burst into flame. to be honest im glad i didnt get any that day.

and to whoever said about fireproofing the pouch you store them in, sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by swatman View Post
                            At the site I go to they have imposed the over 18 policy now with pyros.
                            Does this mean that under 18's were allowed to use pyros before? If so, thats rather illegal, seeing as pyros are essentially a firework.
                            Originally posted by fijitstiks
                            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                            Originally posted by N3ADS
                            Is this you talking from experience ?..
                            Originally posted by fijitstiks
                            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I had a TLSFx 3rd Gen flashbang go of in my hand, glad I had gloves and a jacket on or what have been badly burnt. Looking back it was pretty funny as people said there was this bright flash then me standing there smoking nicely...

Comment

I have seem a good old mark 5 thunder flash go off in a pouch a while back. We just heard a hissing sound saw the smoke then boom. Its a good job the other 6 mark 5s did not go up aswell ;-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nicholashay New to the UK from Australia. Looking to get involved alot more! Ex-Australian military. Find out more about nicholashay
                                Working...
                                X