Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Originally posted by Splinter456 View Post
    At yesterdays GZ woodland game a friend of mine collapsed because of the heat. I got a message on my radio and rushed straight to him. On arrival i found a player who happened to be an off duty police officer tending to my friend and making sure he was ok. Eventually the marshalls arrived and took over, but thank you to that guy for his help and quick reactions to that incident.
    Wasn't that just after the game started and on the way down that steep-ish hilly bit?
    That guy who was helping him deserves a round of applause!
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
      Overkill isn't the way. Speaking to a marshal or site manager is. I often get shot in the back and it takes a second for me to take it. I'm normally thinking to myself sbout how stupid I open for not covering the back door.
      However I would not of been happy if someone was shooting my ten times in the ass.

And moscarting someone with a moscart for it?
      You mentioned that it's a co2 moscart and 120 rounds. Clearly your intending to HURT someone deliberately otherwise you wouldn't of stated it.

A clear reason why FAO doesn't allow co2 moscarts. 99% of people may use them fine. The. We get dicks like you who spoil it for everyone.
      CO2 moscarts are not this big bad killer everyone thinks they are most of the bb`s wont even be anywhere near 300fps you just plain cant hurt anyone unless you put it point blank to someones face and pulled the trigger.

Its just that the loud bang and the fact that atleast 30 rounds will hit them if not more, if you can see them too and its not a quick pop out shot for room clearance then if they don`t take that as a hit then its time to kick them out of the game.

A marshal I know used to carry a 400fps pistol and shoot people he saw not taking hits if they just carried on playing he`d go and have a word with them and explain just because you can`t see or don`t know who shot you does not mean its not a hit.

Ive been sprayed down by someone before took around 50 to 100 rounds a very close range the guy was in cover and Id be suppressing him and he got upset as he was sure it was a semi game and I was sure it was a full auto game. I`d asked the marshal a few times and had not got a clear answer back.

After-woods the guy said sorry to me for spraying me down and said "I`ll give it to you you didnt even flinch" and I said sorry if it was a semi game but I`d been shot at with full auto loads of times and so assumed it was not a semi game.

If Im shooting a moscart and I know its gassed up well say its green gas and its a hot day or its co2 with a low number of rounds then I`ll always aim to the side of someone and hope just a few rounds get them, I think that either way the other person should take it as a kill unless they want me to reload and aim right for them next time, or simply reload my aeg and shoot them.

In the summer co2 moscarts dont have much more power if any then green gas they do go bang a lot louder and are more consistent from shot to shot, but Ive not found them to be loads more powerful maybe in a long barrel shotgun or pistol co2 packs a bit more of a punch but in a moscart you just get a nicer bang and a bit more fps. Ok with a 25 rounder or less you maybe able to get them going over 400fps but in anything over 60rounds I doubt any of them will do more then 330fps even if you set your regulator up to 800psi
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Thekonassure please just stop posting about this, it's just embaressing really, and plus every thread like these you post in seem to get locked sooner or later and I'd rather this didn't as I enjoy reading this thread.

Comment

I think its stupid of someone to pick on a player and a person they don`t know. I dont want this thread to become a slaging match either.

So yeah I leave it be if there`s no more pointless attacks form people who dont even know me I think thats fair ?
          sigpic
          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Well this one isn't really 'sportsmanship' just annoyance really. Now in the game scenario, we had to defend an area from the other team. We had about 15 minutes at the start to dig in etc (although most people didn't), and I spent that time camoing myself and my position with bits of wood, ferns, leaves, that sort of thing. So the game begins, I sit there happy as can be for about 20 minutes, patiently waiting. Then I spot an enemy, within my range. I look at him, move ever so slightly so as he definitely can't see me. ( i do this when he looks away mind). Then , two people, sprinting, run (on my team) and dive into the cover next to me. Then they SHOUT: LOOK IT'S A RED!, before standing up and firing (from the hip no less) at this guy that I've spent ages waiting and lining up a shot to get. They then miss, the player turns because of the massive noise, blazes away in my general direction... and hits me. The other players behind me, using my cover, then go: let's go! and run away, leaving me to wait another 10 minutes before I can 'bleed out'.

Comment

On Saturday, in the usual Killhouse, we played an attack and defend game. Me and a player Marshall friend were having a field day in there, and casually came around the corner to discuss tactics. A poor scared rental girl, paniced and lit us both up, single shotting constantly for about 5 seconds solid. We both had to leave and were prepared to hunt her down for revenge on the attacking team!

But she came out with us and apologised profusely to us for panicking and reacting so badly! It was a nice change!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                Well this one isn't really 'sportsmanship' just annoyance really....
                I'd say that is. Its as much a lack of consideration for other people as drilling them for no reason if a single shot would do.

Comment

A while back, playing at the Mall, down in the basement, on my own, seperated from my mates, I got challenged by the opfor, normal way, shout your colour, then a bit of a stand off, so I went quiet, as already challenged, dropped on my knees, took my pistol out, and waited for him to try and creep up, I was behind the door, he stuck his head and upper body around, so I stuck my pistol in his stomach, and said "want to take the hit", with out firing, he looked at me, nodded yeah, and moved aside, he never said anything to his mate behind him, who I didn't know was there, or indicated that I was hidden, I then popped around the corner and we both done a double take and started laughing, end result, we all walked of after calling hit, no shots fired, but great sportsmanship, we could quite easily have blatted the hell out of each other.

Comment

Saw a bloke chuck a pistol magazine at someones head in anger. That person was promptly banned.

Comment

the above post has made my evening, people throwing fits about headshots, hit taking etc all bad sportsmanship that you see occuring regularly

Comment

Originally posted by Kang View Post
                        Saw a bloke chuck a pistol magazine at someones head in anger. That person was promptly banned.
                        Maybe it wasn't in anger but he was just out of gas :D

Comment

Whole new meaning to the phrase "fired a whole mag into you".

Comment

Best:

My friend Paul letting me use his M4 when my G3 died (meaning he had to solely rely on his sniper) during a game at Honley.

Worst:

I went to Anzio a couple of months ago for the first time. A couple of fat kids way too young to play in my opinion came with their dad or something. During games they were little more than annoying, getting in the way of people and making n00bish mistakes, but you can't really blame them I guess because they clearly hadn't much experience at airsoft. However it was really f**king annoying to say the least when someone threw a grenade down one of the stairwells and nobody could get out because they just stood in the doorway blocking everyone's exit.

Now like I said, it was just them being naive I guess. But what really got me that day was around lunch time. These kids were firing pistols in the middle of parking area at each other IN THE SAFE ZONE. I was just going to say something when another player said "its called the safe zone for a reason". I can understand the other things they did that day, but firing guns at each other in the safe zone is just plain ignorant and irresponsible. I don't know if the dad is to blame or what, either he didn't tell his kids the safety rules or was not able to judge if they were mature enough to come. They were lucky most of the people were at that barn thing where everyone gets their lunch and no marshals caught them.
                            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Worst: one particular guy at my regular site is known for being a cheating git, and a about a month back I managed to get the high ground not to far away from him. So I bogged down out of sight and watched him slowly approach. I waited until I had a clear shot just as he crested the ridge I was on top of, about 20 metres away from him. I had a clear view of his upper body, so I fired a burst into his chest.

He called his hit and stuck his arm up into the air, and started looking around. He spotted me, then looked all around him, saw no marshalls in sight, so he dropped to the ground where I couldn't see him, so I figured maybe he's being mediced. I hear no counting, and was a little confused when he pops up out of cover and laced me with a full auto burst. No where near enough time had passed for a 10 count, so no stealth medicing was going on, he just decided to lace me.

I called my hit, told him what a good shot it had been through gritted teeth, then went to find a Marshall once my bleed out time had passed.

Best: at Anzio a while back, myself and a bunch of guys came into D3(?) on the bottom floor, approached the courtyard in the middle just as a cease fire was called. Just as we hear the shout and shout it out ourselves, I spotted a bunch of the opposite team on the top floor of the building looking down into the courtyard.

After a trading some light hearted jibes and a good back and forth game on was called, and both sides backed off and bugged out of the building without a shot being fired. That was some excellent sportsmanship I'd say.

Another one at Anzio. Our team was in the medical block engaging an enemy force at the training room and garages across the parade ground. I left my AEG with a friend, drew my pistol and snook all the way through the embassy, around the back of the pub and behind the enemy team. I popped up out of cover and had a guy inside the building next to the training centre cold. Now he could have ducked into cover and then sprayed at me, as he clearly had the superior ground, but he just raised his hands and surrendered, congratulated me on my stealthy approach and declared himself 'dead man'.
                              Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

hey dan: don't forget to mention the guy you shot from a good hiding place who took the hit BUT then blatantly pointed to your hiding place so the rest of his team could know where you were hiding

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X