Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Little kids...dont want to scare them off too much (they are the future of the hobby and all) but they do seem to take more liberties than the adults. As a marshal the other week I wasnt being especially hard on them but had to literally shadow one bunch most of the day.

Best sportsmanship? probably throwing a frag well, well over distance, out of my eyeline (bad throw really, id intended it to be much closer so I could see the result) but landed in a group of 5-6 new players. Could have easilly ignored it, noone could see, but they all took it and congratulated me afterwards.

Worst, as a marshal, I helped run a private booking, and it was all going to hell in a hand basket. No one issue stands out, but I've never seen a group that was so agressive, foul mouthed and at each others throat all day, despite our efforts. Not the spirit at all
    The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

best:- guiding my brother onto targets with his pistol ghillied up wiping out about 20 attacking players. he was invisible. then got hit by a motar like shot that fell onto him and he just took it with about 10 kids opening up on him once he showed himself.

good bo!y

worst:-haveing some overweight tool kick off at a good friend threatenig to ''deck him'' after he had taken a the hit becaus the tool in question was throwing a hissy fit.

pretty sad coming form someone in their 40s.
      Their are no Atheists in Foxholes.

Its not an argument against Atheists

Its an argument against Foxholes.

Comment

best:

while playing at Phenoix airsoft i sneaked up on a bunker and managed to get there jsut before one of their players came in, i have my gun sticking through the opening and shouted "BANG". The guy took the hit no probs and walked off to respawn

also i did have to aplogise to a guy, a team mate bought some 1970's brit radios that we tried out, anyway i shot someone but didnt hear him say hit so i shot him again and asked him if he would take the hit or not. HE got up and said he shouted hit but i didnt hear him due to the huge radio lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Isnt it generally against the rules(if not the spoken rules then definately the unspoken), to grab an enemies gun and physically jab em?

I swear no physical actions are allowed in airsoft.
          not really i've seen a guy almost stab someone through a window with a deployable shovle

Comment

BEST: am at csw in tower at village when my gun jams and the guy next to me lends me his kwa pistol but he cant get it of the lanyard so im having to follow his every movement till the end of the game but was funny

WORST:saw 5 kids between 14-16 full chave loadout rental guns sure enough three get kicked the other two where closely watched for the rest of the day

Comment

Worst- Yesterday at Northfleet EBZ kid instead of bang killing me fired a pistol at my face from no further away then 50cm, luckily my hand was up trying to adjust my earpiece so I got a nasty blood blister on my hand.

Im just shorter than 6 foot 4 and this kid was alot shorter than me so he was aiming for a headshot. I took the hit then heard his own team telling him that he was a dick for not bang killing me. Marhshalls spoke to him apparently there were loads of complaints about him all day.

Best yesterday - throwing a frag into a room via the ceiling that had loads of holes in it, then seeing 6 guys walk out and say good throw (we couldnt see into the room and had no idea how many people were in there)

Comment

Another good one the other day at finmere. We are desperately defending the Alamo with the last remnants of our team. The attackers were on a rolling regen. I was the only one who happened to be in a good enough position to hold them off. The three or four players around me kept handing me their M4 mags to take out targets, and when I ran out completely, they started handing me pistols, grenades a G36. Fantastic sportsmanship and a greatly appreciated it. Great fun for me too, as I racked up about 20 kills in about 5 minutes! Eventually we were overrun and I thanked them all for that. Great day!
                Redcon Airsoft Team
                TheJim : RC-69

Comment

yes that wasnt a good day for me im sorry for shooting you that close i would have bang killed but paniked and there were there of you also other complaints that day were due do me over shooting someone only because the game had just started i shot out the window and didnt realse the guty was heading bnack to the safe zone so i kept shooting thinking i missed or he wearnt taking his hit and he made no indication that he was diong anything.

Comment

worst i have had was playing at my local site this idiot who i had shot 400 rounds at and left a hell of a lot of marks wasn't taking his hits , next game i snuck up behind him with my pistol ,tap him in the back tell him to take the hit ,then he lifts up is gun and tries to shoot me to i grab the barrel push it away and double tap him in the head :/

and he still doesnt take his hits , he is my personal bitch now

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by cian View Post
                      yes that wasnt a good day for me im sorry for shooting you that close i would have bang killed but paniked and there were there of you also other complaints that day were due do me over shooting someone only because the game had just started i shot out the window and didnt realse the guty was heading bnack to the safe zone so i kept shooting thinking i missed or he wearnt taking his hit and he made no indication that he was diong anything.
                      I was fixing my gun with my back turned to the building with a marshal, but it wasn't only you, I saw at least 4 people shooting at me and lost count when I got hit at least 20 times

Comment

Best:

Two surrenders in one game without using a gun (Hand Imitating Gun FTW!).

Hug Kill.

Party blower & £5 spring pistol combo. (Scared the life out of a poor player and then shot them with a £5 Galaxy G1A) :D

Homemade Claymore kill (ran about for a full game using nothing but a claymore and set it off in front of an unlucky player, it didnt work as i had planed it to as it just dribbled down onto there boots but they still took it).

Worst:

Shot a player from around 40m away in the back of the knee cap with a vsr10running near 500fps and saw them cringe from the pain. Yet they didnt take the hit

Comment

Worst -
                          Group of "locals" (fat and old mostly) at a certain South Wales site being a bunch of hypocrites - not taking hits and then swarming over a little guy who was accused of not taking one.

Best -
                          Throwing a frag about 20m into a bush, and then seeing one... two... three in a row popping up with hands in the air. Get some!

Comment

Best sportmanship, ucap virus, my mate was climbing up the lift, 2 guys were standing over him and said "the choice is yours". Wisely, he chose to surrender.

Worst sportmanship, guy on my team calls a hit and the opposition continue to fire at his head, he must have taken at least 10 shots to the back of his head. Shooting dead players seemed to be a bit of an issue that day.

Also, people not taking there hits really annoys me, I like to play nice and generally go for body shots when possible. But, there have been many occasions where I've had players ignore hit so have gone for the slightly more painful head shots, usually followed by "try to ignore that!".

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                              I was fixing my gun with my back turned to the building with a marshal, but it wasn't only you, I saw at least 4 people shooting at me and lost count when I got hit at least 20 times
                              fair enought i should have just shot once

Comment

This was yesterday, myself and a mate (both sniping) spotted 2 of the other team coming out way, we were in a ditch and not seen.
                                Took a shot and hit the one of them, didn't take it but looked down where I hit him, next shot hit in the head (not on purpose) then a further 4 shots all hit and still no taking it. Site owner goes over and talks to them and gave them the go ahead to crack on and play their own game amongst a larger game already on going!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X