Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Oh, and the guy at Anzio who took a bb to the throat from my KAR98k, grasped his neck in pain and ducking back into cover, then popped out of cover and shot at me.

Cheating little scrote! That day was the reason I sold my KAR98k - sniping is all well and good when people take their hits.
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

• A little while ago I had a test fire of Keepers new M14. We were standing around in the game zone, on the side of a hill. Seeing a nice clear view with no one in the line of fire, I raised the gun and fired. At which point, an old man rental nearby hit the rifle barrel towards the floor and yelled "don't you fire that thing so close to my head!"

Wouldve been all well and good if it was within a metre of his head, and the barrel wasn't past his head as well. He had a bit of a rant, and stormed off. He cane back later and said it was because of "a bad experience". You have to wonder why he came to a shoot em up if he had issues with guns going off nearby though.

The best part was the kids were all watching, and when he stormed off, noisily muttered "what a tosser!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
        Best:

Now like I said, it was just them being naive I guess. But what really got me that day was around lunch time. These kids were firing pistols in the middle of parking area at each other IN THE SAFE ZONE. I was just going to say something when another player said "its called the safe zone for a reason". I can understand the other things they did that day, but firing guns at each other in the safe zone is just plain ignorant and irresponsible. I don't know if the dad is to blame or what, either he didn't tell his kids the safety rules or was not able to judge if they were mature enough to come. They were lucky most of the people were at that barn thing where everyone gets their lunch and no marshals caught them.
        noted, this is in the overflow area (stores)? will make sure theres a marshall there during breaks to hand out advice and bollockings
        http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
        airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

I saw a player at the mall last time I went (26th of june) who seemed to think it was ok to carry his shotgun on his shoulder where every member of the public could see it, just watlzing through the car park with out a care in the world. Luckily no one saw it.
          The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            A little while ago I had a test fire of Keepers new M14. We were standing around in the game zone, on the side of a hill. Seeing a nice clear view with no one in the line of fire, I raised the gun and fired. At which point, an old man rental nearby hit the rifle barrel towards the floor and yelled "don't you fire that thing so close to my head!"

Wouldve been all well and good if it was within a metre of his head, and the barrel wasn't past his head as well. He had a bit of a rant, and stormed off. He cane back later and said it was because of "a bad experience". You have to wonder why he came to a shoot em up if he had issues with guns going off nearby though.

The best part was the kids were all watching, and when he stormed off, noisily muttered "what a tosser!"
            Oh that guy. OH THAT GUY. The gun was nowhere near him! I mean GBBRs are loud, but they aren't THAT bad. I swear it had already been fired before you held it as well, so not exactly a surprise bang! I have to say, you do get some a**holes at Xsite occasionally. It's a shame as it's such a well run, enjoyable site.

Best sportsmanship at that game was when I had a little pistol duel with a guy I crept up on in the fort. He stood up, and shot at me from about 3 metres away, and (somehow?!) missed. He was so caught up in the action after he shot at me he turned to fire at someone else, at which point I tapped him once with my pistol and said, 'sorry mate, you didn't actually hit me' (it took me a couple of seconds to realise it myself!). Was nice of him to give me the benefit of the doubt and not accuse me of cheating, it's very rare you're lucky enough to not get shot at that tiny range!

Oh and also, there was the time Boo-Sabum Ben tried to flank the police station, only to be taken out at 30m by some idiot with a Tm M9. A sad, sad day for Ben's airsofting career, but it was good of him to take it as most people on that ridge think that the bushes are made of concrete! :p
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
              Oh that guy. OH THAT GUY. The gun was nowhere near him! I mean GBBRs are loud, but they aren't THAT bad. I swear it had already been fired before you held it as well, so not exactly a surprise bang! I have to say, you do get some a**holes at Xsite occasionally. It's a shame as it's such a well run, enjoyable site.

Oh and also, there was the time Boo-Sabum Ben tried to flank the police station, only to be taken out at 30m by some idiot with a Tm M9. A sad, sad day for Ben's airsofting career, but it was good of him to take it as most people on that ridge think that the bushes are made of concrete! :p
              LOL. You bastard. That was a hell of a shot. I actually sat there and watched you pop off a few shots thinking "Pah, theres no way he will hit me from there!" then Doosh. One right in the centre of my forehead!

Haha yeah he was a bit of a douche. Caught him being a bit of a pain in the arse once or twice after then as well. Seemed to be on his own which was very strange for someone his age!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                LOL. You bastard. That was a hell of a shot. I actually sat there and watched you pop off a few shots thinking "Pah, theres no way he will hit me from there!" then Doosh. One right in the centre of my forehead!

Haha yeah he was a bit of a douche. Caught him being a bit of a pain in the arse once or twice after then as well. Seemed to be on his own which was very strange for someone his age!
                Ha, I'd been getting people at stupid ranges all day with it. When we did the fort Rourke's drift game, I was standing in the fort popping people on the edge of the ridge where the windmill field starts! I even got our mate who was there (the guy with the M4 who wasnt Aeviv or Keeper). That pistol is ultimate proof that fps hardly matters in airsoft. It must've been doing like 250 on 0.25s!

And was he being an arse elsewhere too? When was that?
                I assumed he was there with his son/whatever as well. Random
                Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

• Yeah he was on his own I'm fairly sure. Didn't see him with anyone else all day long, Nd didn't talk to many people either. All times I saw him in the safe zone he was alone as well!

He wasn't causing fights or anything, just wasn't generally joining in the spirit if the game, and did whinge about stuff to other people a little too

Comment

Urban Assault, helmets wearing Mich helmet thinking there helmet didnt count as a hit when hit (all day). Angry times.
                    http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/1729.gif

Comment

Best sportsmanship moment was when a whole bunch of us were waiting and defends a dummy from the other team and i was looking round the corner shooting the enemy team with my gas pistol when it ran out of ammo and a guy behind me offered me his high capa and it was why we won the game since the team could not get past the loud shoots from the high capa one of the best airsoft games i played

Comment

I was sneaking along through the trees, there were four of us, all snipers, two ghillies and two without, all with L96's. Little did we know we were the ones being stalked. I heard a rustle behind us and turned to see a guy with WW2 styled helmet behind a tree. I shouted "behind!" and dived on the floor, pulling my pistol, i was too late. He fired two shots then his gun vented all it's gas and jammed. I fired and hit him in the chest. The first bullet whistled above my head seconds before i hit the ground and the second hit the guy that was next to me (one of the ghillies). The other ghillie then went to say "I'm going to call myself hit 'cause that was f*****g sneaky" and started walking to a dead zone with the other ghillie. The guy that had snuck up to us then went to say "I know i hit one of you, you don't need to go out unless i hit you"

That was a very honest and very fun day guarding the mortar pits for 4 hours from the bushes :D

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
                          most people on that ridge think that the bushes are made of concrete! :p
                          I swear the foliage surrounding the Police Station seems to grow kevlar leaves or something.

Last weekend we had a young rental try to flank the station so 5 of us tagged him a fair few times. He hid behind a tree for about three minutes then made another dash across, got hosed down this time and decided to hide behind an overturned tree stump for a few more minutes. Someone eventually just walked over and shot him in the back from a few meters away

Comment

We were at EAG Worthing last sunday and 3 of us spotted this one guy, we were behind him, and we were all dying to shoot him. Me and 'DavidFletch' approached him and when I was about 4 steps from him I shouted BANG! and he didn't look behind he just lowered his hand as if telling me to hush. So I said "Mate, I'm pink you're white. He turned round and realised what had happened and he happily went off. I was more impressed with my own and my friends restraint although his sportsman ship was second to none.
                            "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                            Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

worst,
                              this guy came with his kids and didnt take a single hit... u could see him flynche bec of all the hits taking (you know what flynch i mean... the twitchy kinda "AH F@#K THAT HURT" kinda) and still wouldn't take it

best... well i suppose when ever i get banged and bang another person and i happily tell him to accept it and they usually accept it.

i have people that don't take hits so i do try take mine serious and take all of them (the ones i feel)
                              ACES
                              Airsoft Commando Elite Squad

Comment

[QUOTE=FullMetalAsh;749949]Best - Not actually a player, but a marshall. At Xsite, in the kill house, my dad (who is what, 46?) is charging through blatting away with his MP5, getting kill after kill after kill, pretty much clears the whole place out. After the game and we're about to switch sides (attack and defend) and everyone is getting into position, the marshall points to my dad and simply says, and I quote, "You owned them, do it again, please." Proudest day of my life :')

Did your Dad have silenced mp5 that day? Because I think I may of been the marshal that said that. I have to say that man was on form that day. I hope you are both still playing.

My five pence - At the end of the day it is only a game, obey the rules, be polite and understanding to your fellow players and have lots of fun. Some people just don't know when to step back and admit to themselves, "yeh I think you tagged me" especially in those both round the corner at the same time, sh%t your pants moments. Keep 'softing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X