Collapse

Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately had a bunch of people who were apparently from one of the worlds largest Airsoft manufacturers.

Consisted of 1 player who had played several times before, and about 5-6 others who had a lot of kit, and it was their first day.

Fairly awful playing by them. Numerous complaints from players, aggressive playing to the point of non-fun rather than adrenaline action, and just all round not so good. To be fair, the guy who played a fair bit, and one of the new players, were very good and got how it works. The others it seemed did not.

At one point, I had to call a cease-fire, just so me and a team mate could get out of the corner we had backed ourselves into in the stand off

Comment

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      Unfortunately had a bunch of people who were apparently from one of the worlds largest Airsoft manufacturers.

Consisted of 1 player who had played several times before, and about 5-6 others who had a lot of kit, and it was their first day.

Fairly awful playing by them. Numerous complaints from players, aggressive playing to the point of non-fun rather than adrenaline action, and just all round not so good. To be fair, the guy who played a fair bit, and one of the new players, were very good and got how it works. The others it seemed did not.

At one point, I had to call a cease-fire, just so me and a team mate could get out of the corner we had backed ourselves into in the stand off
      Where was this?

Comment

At my local site, XSite Airsoft. Dont get me wrong, I still had a great day, and I always have a great day there, thats why its my site I go to pretty much every weekend. I probably shouldnt give any more details on that story though so Ill leave it there

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
          I dont really like the abuse the bang rule gets(on both ends of the spectrum!). Fair play you dont have to take it, but if someone has got the drop on you like that, its just sporting to take it. Bit annoying when you're courteous enough not to shoot someone from less than 3m, and they basically throw that in your face by being all like hurrr you shouldve just shot me.

Saying that, depending on the situation, ie storming a position, I will just put round into them, theres simply no time to shout bang and wait for them to realise it was at them and call hit.
          Bang rule sucks. The site I play at has a better system. They have a "surrender rule". Essentially you can ask anyone to surrender, its up to them to surrender or not and you act accordingly to weather they surrender or not.
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
            Bang rule sucks. The site I play at has a better system. They have a "surrender rule". Essentially you can ask anyone to surrender, its up to them to surrender or not and you act accordingly to weather they surrender or not.
            So really its the bang rule with a different name.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

BAD: I was on my own moving up the left of a ridge in the middle of Predator Combat Games and noticed the head of a guy peeping over the hill about 30-40ft away, looking of to my right. He was wearing a full face mask so I fired about 2 rounds, hitting him (I could hear the impacts as well as see them), and noticed I was now out of ammo so began reloading. The only thing the guy had done by the time I had finished was shuffle round to face me and declare "your hit mate". Baffled I stated he hadn't even fired at me to which he responded "bang, your hit now"... this was from well outsite bang rule range and after I'd already hit him. Now just pissed off with him I reasserted he hadn't even shot at me and fired at him again this time he finally took his hit and stormed off mumbling angrily. I've been going to that site for around 6 years now and that was lucky the first and last time I've seen this player.

GOOD: I'm a completely graceless footless individual with no qualms about getting myself or any of my kit muddy so end up on the floor quite often one way or the other. Well this particular occasion it was the other. Moving from cover to cover in the village at Predator I went head over tit right in full view of most of the defending team. Not a single shot was fired they simple let me get up and walk of in shame to respawn.

Comment

Bad expirence = Attending pheonix airsoft sites as a last resort knowing that no one takes hits, people have hot guns and marshals look after the usuals.

Good = F&O Top marshals never any trouble and many enjoyable games

Comment

Basketash, i addressed this issue quite sometime ago with the owners and they now chrono everyone before gameplay.

There are those that don't take there hits but thats what the marshals are there for.

Admittedly sometimes it would be nice if there where more marshals to cover and address this issue but i'm sure thats the same everywhere.

Did u advise the marshals of this?

Overal i believe Phoenix is improving on a regular basis and improvements have also been made in the woodland area with more huts, deeper trenches, etc, making for a more improved game.

Cheers

Steve

Comment

For me it's not people not taking hits that is the most annoying, it is people who look around, and only take the hit if they think you've noticed, putting you in the awkward postition of either calling a marshall, or shouting at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leinad View Post
                      the awkward postition of either calling a marshall, or shouting at them.
                      That's not an awkward position, there's only 1 thing you should be doing...

For me there's only one thing that gets to me, and that's dead men with vision. Hit taking I can put more rounds on them, but when people are hit, stand up, and look for you after they've called hit, I hate.

I know one player at my local is terrible for this. You'll hit him, he'll stand up, and stare at you for about 10 seconds, then slowly walk off. I've started dealing with this like I deal with hit taking, and just put more rounds down while he stands there.

The same applies to people giving away hiding spots. Whilst sometimes unintentional, or perhaps showing good sportsmanship, it really screws it up when thy dead player turns round, comes over to your cupboard hiding space, and congratulates you, while the rest of the team is watching...

Comment

Best play: A friend of mine snuck up on the 5 VIP targets from behind, went to put a single shot into each of them and the feed on his gun messed up, 4/5 said they would have been hit but the fifth was behind cover... thought that was really nice

Worst play: Using my L69 during a "hunt the snipers" game, shot this guy so as me and my support saw and heard the hit on his left leg, he turned around and was about to shoot us, so I shot him again and Marshell told him in the nicest manner to "bugger off" :D
                        Revenge is a dish best served cold,
                        And revenge is sweet,
                        So basically revenge is Ice cream :D

Comment

Best: A guy's pistol was sticking out around a wall, I was on a knife spree that day, so I sneaked up and attempted to knife him around the corner, sadly he backed up just in time and I dropped my knife somehow, instead of shooting me right away, he just went "oooh, you're dead, i'm gonna shoot you!" with a weird jokey accent, we both laughed and I walked back to the dead zone. Later on that day he knifed me back, so I shook his hand saying 'no way it's you, well played well played, I'll get you back".

Comment

worst : going in to a room on my knees shoots this lad 2 times in the chest i work out to let my team no i shoot him i then go back in to the room and the lad opens up on my face no more then 2 ft away from me.

best : flanked about 12 blues from behind i sneaked up to him sat next to 1 and ask whats going on then spread them all best day ever

Comment

BEST:

During a milsim game with my local site i was goining down a long L shaped corridor inside a building, i then turned the corner and there was an enemy team player coming the other way, he managed to fire his weapon first, his gun made a noise but no bbs came out of it.

So I said hit because he would have got me anyway, but he told me to wait a minute he then checked his magazine and it was empty, i they checked mine and it was half full, so he said he would take the hit instead because he had no ammo in his mag.

Worst:

walking back to the respawn point and getting shot by almost every single enemey player even though my weapon was unloaded and slung across my game, as well as shouting deadman walking every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTheSniper View Post
                                Best play: A friend of mine snuck up on the 5 VIP targets from behind, went to put a single shot into each of them and the feed on his gun messed up, 4/5 said they would have been hit but the fifth was behind cover... thought that was really nice

Worst play: Using my L69 during a "hunt the snipers" game, shot this guy so as me and my support saw and heard the hit on his left leg, he turned around and was about to shoot us, so I shot him again and Marshell told him in the nicest manner to "bugger off" :D
                                In my opinion I think they could have easily and fairly not take the hit. If in a real battle a gun jams the enemy would not just say" No worries, my gun works but because yours doesn't I won't shoot"

Yes it was good sportsmanship but as the gun broke I say, unlucky. It will happen to most people at some time.
                                "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X