Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst/Best sportsmanship encountered

KILLHOUSE

Worst - some rental guy jumped round the corner with his gun above is head (:S!!!) like he was bloody rambo and his barrel was literally 10cm away from my face. I turned around to see why the hell he was jumping and he shot me 3 times both in the face. I stared at him for a bit and then actually went pretty skitz at him and asked him what he thought he was doing, he said, 'I'm attacking init'. I shook my head, walked off and said, 'So was I, douche'.

I feel pretty bad for being mean to him and then throughout the whole day getting my revenge now but man it was ridiculous.

Best - Another rental guy, same day. I threw my BFG into the next room and took around 2 guys out, cleared the room then couldn't find where I threw it so I was looking around with my head down. Found it. Looked up and saw a rental guy with his gun facing me, I put my hand up immediately expecting him to tap me at least in the leg but he said instantly, 'I wouldn't do that to you :P'.
    Really?

Comment

Worst - I was walking past the enemy respawn point(probably a bit stupid I know) and an enemy is walking back to his spawn, before he gets back, he shoots me, I said wtf, and he said he had respawned. Bullshit.

Best - I walked round a corners to see an enemy went to pull trigger but fired a blank, he knew it wasn't my fault so he put his hand up and said hit. True sportsmanship

Comment

Originally posted by Sladeyy View Post
        Worst - I was walking past the enemy respawn point(probably a bit stupid I know) and an enemy is walking back to his spawn, before he gets back, he shoots me, I said wtf, and he said he had respawned. Bullshit.

Best - I walked round a corners to see an enemy went to pull trigger but fired a blank, he knew it wasn't my fault so he put his hand up and said hit. True sportsmanship
        you fired a blank? as in your gun didn't fire?

then that really isn't sportsmanship on behalf of the other player. That's dumb. Why would you take a hit from something that hasn't fired...

misfires/empties happen in real life and i'm betting the person doesn't take a hit then
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Worst - a blind fired 40mm shower grenade in my face from about a metre away. Ive never been back to ****** ***** since that. Not a happy bunny. Marshal had words with said player, who accused me of blind firing. If i was blind firing, how come you hit me in the face?!?

Best - Ive had lots of them. One was using a semi locked 405fps m14. I was shooting at some guy across the valley from firebase charlie to the nest, and was having a bit of a war with a guy i could see on the other side. His bb's were landing a couple of metres short, i aimed and hit the ground. I aimed a little higher, the wind caught it, and it hit him square in the chest. I wasnt even sure i had hit him, but the guy looked down, put his hand up, and shouted across the valley what an excellent shot it was. Made my day that man!
          Playing against Dartmoor Rangers, and Trust in particular, i managed to get around the back of him. I took a shot and missed, then my gun failed to fire (Needed to switch to auto and back to semi, as semi locked up). Trust turned, saw me, and just said, matter of factly, 'Fair play mate, well done' and walked off to the dead zone. I really like playing against the Rangers, as they are all top blokes, and very honest. Great to have a beer with too!

Another bad one. We used to have a member who was notorious for not taking hits. We kicked him out, and told him to clean up his act. Fair play to the bloke, he because an excellent player, and very honest. What annoyed me though, was that after he became this born again skirmisher, people on the other team used to still accuse him of not hit taking. It got so bad, he played on the other team just to prove a point. A lot of people were forced to eat their words after that one, but it just goes to show that some people can change their ways.

One last good one before i go - I was having a bit of a skirmish at the village. Totally pinned down, couldnt move, so was having a cigarette. I wasnt really paying attention, but was still alive. Suddenly, some bloke appeared right infront of me, really had the drop on me. Instead of shooting me, he clocked the fact my gun was sat on my lap and i was smoking, and just smiled. I smiled back, thanked him for not brassing me up, and toddled off to the dead zone. Most people would of just taken the shot, but fair play to that man. Great sportmanship.

Final one i promise. I was hidden in a bush, when 3 blokes walked past me from the enemy team. I could of just full autoed them all, and i knew they were in play because they were shooting somebody else up the hill. I was about 2m away from them, could of easily shot them all, but decided i would call bang rule instead. As i shouted bang, the three guys just stopped firing, looked around, i stood up and explained that i could of shot them all. They all laughed, couldnt believe i had been there without being seen, and shook my hand on a great kill (despite the fact they could of just refused as the bang rule isnt used anymore at GZ as far as i know), and walked off to do their dead time.

I must admit, i see a hell of a lot more good sportmanship and play than i do cheating, but it does annoy me when i can see people not taking blatent hits, or people flinching then continuing firing.

At the end of the day, its only a game! Its not real life where if you get hit you die. Some people really need to tone down the aggression, chill out, and enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
            misfires/empties happen in real life and i'm betting the person doesn't take a hit then
            Yes, but people always take their hits in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Lanes View Post
              he shot me 3 times both in the face.

This, is where I get confused?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post

This, is where I get confused?
                Oh dear, bad grammar.

Rephrase : He short me 3 times, ALL in the face.

Sorry!
                Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanes View Post
                  Oh dear, bad grammar.

Rephrase : He short me 3 times, ALL in the face.

Sorry!
                  Still bad grammar "He short me 3 times".

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by MAJIK View Post
                    Still bad grammar "He short me 3 times".

Dom
                    fkjdgidgjierjgiergjew±!!!!!!!!!

Damn it.
                    Really?

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                      you fired a blank? as in your gun didn't fire?

then that really isn't sportsmanship on behalf of the other player. That's dumb. Why would you take a hit from something that hasn't fired...

Yeah, it was my second time airsofting, rental gun, and it just didn't fire, a few rental guns were playing up that day. I guess he was being nice because I was new and rentals? I thought it was nice of him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sladeyy View Post
                        Yeah, it was my second time airsofting, rental gun, and it just didn't fire, a few rental guns were playing up that day. I guess he was being nice because I was new and rentals? I thought it was nice of him anyway.

Same thing happened to me but this time the guy was a cheeky bastard. The guy was hiding in the black corner of the room about 3 meters away. So I was passing by and heard him firing, I was wearing jacket and all. So I thought he must have hit me. Then I took a hit and seconds after he fired at my friend who then took his rubber knife and threw at the guy.

Later that day. I outflanked the enemy and got behind a guy(about 3 meters) so I switched to Semi and fired 2-3 bbs at him. Then he turns round and goes Full-auto. I swear , he must have emptied his mag on me. I had an argue with the guy who then said "you hit my gun mate" wTF? after that I become less merciful if it must be full auto from couple of meters full auto it is. ( I couldn't ask him to surrender as his teammates were nearby.)

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                          Yes, but people always take their hits in real life
                          I was joking
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Had my worst sportansmanship of airsofting so far today, was playing at my local which is a woodland site and the game was capture the flag. Managing to outflank two enemy players i spotted one of them and shot him, no problems their. His mate hadnt heared me or seen his friend being hit and casually continued to lay down as if nothing had happened. I approached and was literally 4 metres away and shouted BANG, as goes the bang rule as it was very close. Thinking he would just accept it, he crouched up and let off a 5 second full auto burst into my face, cutting my cheek! Well i went mad as i think anyone would and his reason was 'i should of just shot him, as bang wouldnt kill him' well tbh neither does a f**king plastic BB but you still play the sport, twats some people but never mind!!
                            Originally posted by hoggy21
                            Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

• I'd have done the same, but maybe only 1 second, and in the chest

Comment

Originally posted by Druico View Post
                                Had my worst sportansmanship of airsofting so far today, was playing at my local which is a woodland site and the game was capture the flag. Managing to outflank two enemy players i spotted one of them and shot him, no problems their. His mate hadnt heared me or seen his friend being hit and casually continued to lay down as if nothing had happened. I approached and was literally 4 metres away and shouted BANG, as goes the bang rule as it was very close. Thinking he would just accept it, he crouched up and let off a 5 second full auto burst into my face, cutting my cheek! Well i went mad as i think anyone would and his reason was 'i should of just shot him, as bang wouldnt kill him' well tbh neither does a f**king plastic BB but you still play the sport, twats some people but never mind!!
                                Just a note, if you bang kill somebody you only do it when you have your gun raised loaded and pointing at them, while they are looking else where. If they call hit then you leave it at that, if they decide to try turn and shoot you then you are already set up for a kill hence only need to pull the trigger. If he was able to spin around and shoot you quicker than it took you to pull the trigger then hats off to him. The 5 second full auto on the other hand is a little over the top and my guess is a slight exaggeration.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJim Find out more about TheJim
                                Working...
                                X