Animals in game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animals in game.

So, a local site of mine was recently closed until about February-ish due to Pheasant breeding / hunting season. During our last game there, the birds were all over the place and gave us a fair few "jump-out-your-skin" moments when we were in the cornfields.

So it made me wonder, have you guys ever had any experiences with animals? Be it bird, fish, mammal, reptile, amphibian or insect, what are you tales with beasties in games?

One last year, January I think, we had a Red Deer herd stampede almost right in front of us and right in the middle of our game! We reckoned they were spooked out the bushes by a grenade; but it was impressive to watch!

I've also heard a few people discuss potential dog use in games. Of course, there would need to be very strict anti-dog firing rules and very strict grenade bans.

Lastly, a trio of people on my team once was cunningly outed by someone who hid a claymore behind a dead squirrel. Bizarre as it was, you have to give credit to their imagination.

But enough about me, what are your stories?

Re: Animals in game.

Second game i went to we found a massive herd of dear :D
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I had a squirrel fall out of a tree and hit me once lol. Very random. It tried to cling to my webbing and after me dancing around like a fairy shouting get the f'in thing off me it ran off.

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Urban Assault has random sheep strolling around - leads to a minefeild of turd in some buildings though hah...

I once hid near a dead fox although didn't know at the time, untill I looked to the left of me, wondering where the smell of rotting corpse was coming from... stayed there though because it was a great place!

Comment

Yep urban assault and the sheep Hiding at the end of a building getting a bead on the enemy coming my way when you feel something trying to eat your kit

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

Well at Bloxworth woodland there is the "Beast Of Bloxworth" (big cat) wondering around in the night, never come face to face with it during the day but came across a fair few half eaten deer whilst walking around :S
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

in Predator Combat over here in N., we went right round the site to try and flank and in order to get there had to kinda go deep into the brush came to a clearing and there was a bunch of horses... lol
              sigpic

Comment

i think some ones horse wondered in once
                i think it was spoked and for some reason ran towards the noise over a couple of fences
                TAE

Comment

At my local, one of the guys runs a shop there. He has a small dog (dont know the breed), common for it to run out on the field and chase grenades. Doesn't do it so much now though... maybe it finally realised, not such a great idea....

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadGhost View Post
                    in Predator Combat over here in N., we went right round the site to try and flank and in order to get there had to kinda go deep into the brush came to a clearing and there was a bunch of horses... lol
                    Good times!! ;D
                    sigpic

Comment

when i had my top m60 i was cover firing, and took out a pigeon

flew across my barrel at full chat
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 7 November, 2010, 03:00. Reason: spelling

Comment

Not in a game as such but like generalbaxter I took out a pigeon mid-flight while double tapping in the garden. Only hit a tail feather and the bird was fine.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                        A brain?
                        Originally posted by snuff
                        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

at sabreforce in solihul theirs supposed to be wild bore but ive never seen any thank god.

we always have tiny dear running about, occasionally they just run out infront of you,a game had to be stopped because of a couple of young fawns and a Doe was sleeping in the kill house.
                          Some dick tried shooting a dear a few weeks ago so me and a couple of my mates emptied hi-caps into the twat and threatened him a bit,he was also blindfiring all day long so it shows what he was like,I should have punched him in the ear

ive put my hand on a frog a few times and thats a scary thing when you dont expent it.

Oh and i panicked when i heard a hissing sound once,it turned out to be the irrigation pipe running through the ferns,the dear chew the pipe to get to the water and it was hissing out

Comment

The only 'animal' encounter i've had was the giant ants at the Ground Zero Weekender. Them things were scary.

Comment

Crawling through the ferns to look to my left to see and adder about 5 7 inches away from my face. Needless to say, i shat a brick and legged it
                              www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W.R.R Find out more about W.R.R
                              Working...
                              X