Newbie Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbie Speak

lawd only knows, think his father got it for him for like a few quid extra i laughed so hard i fell over and got shot like 20 times by someone.
    First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,'

"We have all been taught - Thou shalt not kill - but hear this ... F*** That S***!"- Staff Sgt. Sykes, Jarhead

Comment

lol. Bet his dad was impressed!

Comment

yeah he had to buy a new one :D
        First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,'

"We have all been taught - Thou shalt not kill - but hear this ... F*** That S***!"- Staff Sgt. Sykes, Jarhead

Comment

The other day one of the marshalls was explaining to one of the new guys that airsoft wasn't like Call of Duty only to turn around to find several of us pointlessly jumping up and down, spinning on the spot while crouched and teabagging the bomb just to wind him up
          sigpic

Comment

hahaha!

Comment

Once or twice its amusing, but the whole "CoD" Speak is wearing a little thin with me, as I hear the same lines every couple of weeks.
              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Xevious View Post
                The other day one of the marshalls was explaining to one of the new guys that airsoft wasn't like Call of Duty only to turn around to find several of us pointlessly jumping up and down, spinning on the spot while crouched and teabagging the bomb just to wind him up
                Run newbie days every few months, chance for people to bring partners, familly and friends along to try airsoft. A bunch of my mates from my old school came along and ran around pretending they were playing Goldeneye, eg gun in one hand at arms length, running around like headless chickens. Was very funny
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Have to say, I've not come across this COD l33t speek in game. Although my local isn't plagued with loads of young rentals.

What is funny is the couple we seem to have picked up. We were tasked with defending an area and one of them had a sniper (only problem being it was 370fps and was total crap because he did't know how to set it up properly). So he's still effected by the MED. I told him and his mate to sit behind a barricade covering the back entrance of the area... they proceeded to face the same way as the other guys over the other side so if anyone had come in, they would have had their backs to them.
                  It took a good 10 minutes to convince them to turn around!

Comment

On a serious note though, I hear more retarded comments from 'regulars' who insist they know what they are doing that I hear comments of that nature from rentals or kids. Alot of the newbies are really excited and want to get involved, good on them. We laugh now, being experienced airsofters who know the guns, the kits and the tactics, but think back to your first game, were you REALLY any different? I remember I mistook a Glock for an M9, I had someone explain how an M203 worked- twice, fell down some stairs and snapped the stock off an MP5, had a pyro grenade go off two feet from me and didnt realise what had happened so I kept playing, and tried to stick a mag in an M14 backwards. I wholeheartedly understand newbies making errors. Doesnt stop them being funny as f**k, but I dont think we should really give them a hard time for not knowing any better.

Originally posted by directhit View Post
                    I did the Gaz speech "You've gotta be takin the p***! We've just busted our arses to get up this hill, and now ya want us to go all the way back down?!" After the Marshall told us the hill we took was out of bounds
                    That kind of stuff is brilliant, l love quotes and stuff like that in airsoft, makes the games. Who hasn't bellowed 'GET TO THE CHOPPA!' Or something to that effect, so why should COD lines be any different? Obviously if a kid squeaks this its not going to have the same effect as some Norf Lundun Lad.

What I did find funny was how when MW2 was released, how everyone suddenly started using 'Oscar Mike', a phrase I think i might have heard ONCE before then
                    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

We've all shouted get to the choppah! But how many of you have been evacuated out of a village in Landy's bellowing Ride of the Valkaries out of the stereo? I have :D

Comment

Cool-breeze your not the only one, but Die Walkurie was played going into the objective in Landrovers a few times, and I've never felt the need to yell "get to da choppa".
                        Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Ahh MW <3

"Were going in deep and were going in hard , and don't call my sheerly !"

Perfect for CQB :P

Duke nukem quotes are win to
                          Hate.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

That's from the bonus game the end of COD4. Which is an acceptable game to quote because it's actually good and isn't just a mish mash of various film action scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
                              Ahh MW <3

Duke nukem quotes are win to
                              I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And i'm all outta gum.

Comment

Heard this on saturday:

Is the next game team deathmatch?
                                I half expected him to follow it up with:

I've nearly got my first killstreak, which direction does the drone come from?
                                Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X