Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

im sorry but 80% of coppers are complete pricks in my experience

I was into cars (still am but not as much) from the ages of 18-26 in a BIG way, spent a fortune on my car and was regualry pulled for the same thing over and over again....standard checks. This does get annoying when its 2-3 times a week.

anyway, ive always refused to get into the back of the police car while they do checks, i dont know why I just dont want to get in the back, i dont feel comfortable. Its my legal right to refuse and have always done so. I was once pulled on the M1 for a check and refused. I was then informed and i actually qoute "Dont make it any harder for your self mate"

im sorry but W T F? how am i making it any worse for my self when my car is 100% legal, im not speeding and im excersing my LEGAL right to refuse to get into the back?

also reasons/places I have been pulled

1)M69 / See where I got my alloys from?!?!?!?!?!
    2)leicester city centre / not wearing my seatbelt....I had 4 point harnesses with bucket seats so no need for seat belts and i was wearing the harnesses
    3)Leicester again / use of clear rear lights that were 100% LEGAL (just passed MOT) this happened 3 times
    4)Coventry city centre / slowing down because the car was so low and had to go slowly over a speedbump and was told not to slow down...im sorry but seriously?

all these are 100% true, thats why I have NO respect for the police at all as I gave them no reason to pull me over at all, 2-3 times a week was borderline harressment imo.
    I would also like to add ive always had a clean driving license in over 13 years of driving.

Also a friend who had a similar car to my own (same make and model just different colour) was pulled pretty much everyday for 2 weeks! In the end he had to go down the local MP route to get it stopped. No reason for the stops just the usual "checks" again 100% true!

Comment

I agree with you it is/was a right pain in the rear being stopped, bit having (what I'm assuming) is a modified car, is putting yourself into the boy-racer category, not saying modded cars are bad, but it's just simple stereotyping which we all do to some degree.

You might not speed ect in your modded car, but others who mod their cars tend to commit traffic offences alot more than other drivers.

It's abit like being in a shop, say you've got two people infont of you, one is wearing a suit, and the other is wearing a track suit and baseball cap. Which one do you naturally think would shoplift? Could be the suited guy for all you know, but you'd naturally assume Mr Shellsuit would.

If any of that makes sense.
      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post

I was into cars (still am but not as much) from the ages of 18-26 in a BIG way, spent a fortune on my car and was regualry pulled for the same thing over and over again....standard checks. This does get annoying when its 2-3 times a week.

anyway, ive always refused to get into the back of the police car while they do checks, i dont know why I just dont want to get in the back, i dont feel comfortable. Its my legal right to refuse and have always done so. I was once pulled on the M1 for a check and refused. I was then informed and i actually qoute "Dont make it any harder for your self mate"

im sorry but W T F? how am i making it any worse for my self when my car is 100% legal, im not speeding and im excersing my LEGAL right to refuse to get into the back?

also reasons/places I have been pulled

1)M69 / See where I got my alloys from?!?!?!?!?!
        2)leicester city centre / not wearing my seatbelt....I had 4 point harnesses with bucket seats so no need for seat belts and i was wearing the harnesses
        3)Leicester again / use of clear rear lights that were 100% LEGAL (just passed MOT) this happened 3 times
        4)Coventry city centre / slowing down because the car was so low and had to go slowly over a speedbump and was told not to slow down...im sorry but seriously?

all these are 100% true, thats why I have NO respect for the police at all as I gave them no reason to pull me over at all, 2-3 times a week was borderline harressment imo.
        I would also like to add ive always had a clean driving license in over 13 years of driving.

Also a friend who had a similar car to my own (same make and model just different colour) was pulled pretty much everyday for 2 weeks! In the end he had to go down the local MP route to get it stopped. No reason for the stops just the usual "checks" again 100% true!
        Firstly, I assume that if you're getting the sh*t kicked out of you one night you don't want the police to come and help you!

OK, getting stopped by the police makes them complete pr*cks?

Where do you live? If it's in anything other than a rural area, there's probably thousands of cops around so how does one guy know that you've been stopped for something that they know may be an offence and all has proved OK? If you were getting stopped by the same guys, then I would totally agree with you though.

Not getting into the car; do you have any idea why they do this? It's for 2 reasons, their safety and yours. Their safety as it puts you in a confined space and makes an arrest safer if they find something illegal in your car. Yes, they work on the assumption that there will be a problem until it's shown that there isn't. That's not aimed at you as a younger driver, they do it to everyone. For your safety is also simple, you're at the side of the road and if something goes wrong you'd be safer there. Did you know that more cops are killed while dealing with traffic stops at the side of the motorway than while serving with armed units?

How do they know it's 100% legal till they check it?

your listed reasons:

1) Perhaps there was a report of similar alloys being stolen locally?
        2) You're not stupid (I assume), so you'll know as well as the rest of us that wearing a racing harness means that from another car it looks like you're not wearing a seatbelt. Also, that harness isn't legal unless securely fixed to the car, which they'd need to see for themselves.
        3) To be honest, that sounds like them looking for an excuse for a pull, but at the same time had you declared them to your insurance company? The lights are legal, but they are a modification in their eyes.
        4) You can fail a driving test for excessive slowing for speedbumps, or slowing late and fast. Also, while it may well not be an offence in itself, if you've got to slow down to a crawl because in your words the car was "so low", it's too fu**ing low for use on a public road when we all know there are speed bumps and cra**y road surfaces.

Didn't you expect to get pulled as a younger driver? I know I did and just expected it as part of growing up. It's not always fair, but it's life. The police get attacked for not dealing with potential troublemakers, then get slated when they do it. As said above, you may well be the most sensible driver in the world (and a clean licence for 13 years would suggest that), but modified cars are involved in a lot of accidents. Plus they are very often illegal, either because the mods are unsafe, or because they aren't declared to the insurers. I've had one claim declined because the car that drove into the back of me had been modded and not declared, so that's a real PITA where I'm concerned.

One final point. Again it's not always fair to stereotype, but the police have to be proactive and, before the use of ANPR became widespread and the now compulsory insuring of all cars that aren't on a SORN, they had to stop to check everything was legit. The DVLA's own figures show that nearly 50% of drivers banned for totting-up 6 points in the first 2 years haven't re-taken their test. Do you honestly think that they aren't driving? The only way to find out is to stop and check. A royal pain if you keep getting stopped, but unfortunately necessary while you're in that risk group.
        sigpic

Comment

With regard to the above, I have to concur with Caveira - unfortunately for you driving a modded car is to a traffic cop akin to walking down the street in a black and white striped jumper carrying a sack with "SWAG" written on it - all the warning signs are there, and it's their job to check it.

I can imagine it gets very annoying, but that's the price you pay for the things you enjoy. I cannot imagine it's all that much fun to the police officer either - having to assume everyone is guilty until they can prove otherwise.
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

• Crawling through a bush and hearing a slight change in the crunching below me, I stop as to not alert anyone on the nearby team of my presence. After a while I start to notice a strange smell, I clear the leaves from below my arms and realise I'm lying ontop of a half eaten deer! I quickly crawl away wonder what the hell was eating that thing! F'ing beast of bloxworth getting my kit all gory!
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
              Crawling through a bush and hearing a slight change in the crunching below me, I stop as to not alert anyone on the nearby team of my presence. After a while I start to notice a strange smell, I clear the leaves from below my arms and realise I'm lying ontop of a half eaten deer! I quickly crawl away wonder what the hell was eating that thing! F'ing beast of bloxworth getting my kit all gory!
              LOL must have been a weird sight to see you come out to the safe zone covered in gore.

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
              I know a lot of coppers. I even dated a WPC. Some of them are total pricks (the older coppers I know say standards have dropped considerably in the last thirty years). But MOST are not and you can't let you negative experiences tarnish an entire organization.
              Last edited by Kensai; 22 December, 2011, 12:43.
              For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
              Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                Firstly, I assume that if you're getting the sh*t kicked out of you one night you don't want the police to come and help you!

OK, getting stopped by the police makes them complete pr*cks?

Where do you live? If it's in anything other than a rural area, there's probably thousands of cops around so how does one guy know that you've been stopped for something that they know may be an offence and all has proved OK? If you were getting stopped by the same guys, then I would totally agree with you though.

Not getting into the car; do you have any idea why they do this? It's for 2 reasons, their safety and yours. Their safety as it puts you in a confined space and makes an arrest safer if they find something illegal in your car. Yes, they work on the assumption that there will be a problem until it's shown that there isn't. That's not aimed at you as a younger driver, they do it to everyone. For your safety is also simple, you're at the side of the road and if something goes wrong you'd be safer there. Did you know that more cops are killed while dealing with traffic stops at the side of the motorway than while serving with armed units?

How do they know it's 100% legal till they check it?

your listed reasons:

1) Perhaps there was a report of similar alloys being stolen locally?
                2) You're not stupid (I assume), so you'll know as well as the rest of us that wearing a racing harness means that from another car it looks like you're not wearing a seatbelt. Also, that harness isn't legal unless securely fixed to the car, which they'd need to see for themselves.
                3) To be honest, that sounds like them looking for an excuse for a pull, but at the same time had you declared them to your insurance company? The lights are legal, but they are a modification in their eyes.
                4) You can fail a driving test for excessive slowing for speedbumps, or slowing late and fast. Also, while it may well not be an offence in itself, if you've got to slow down to a crawl because in your words the car was "so low", it's too fu**ing low for use on a public road when we all know there are speed bumps and cra**y road surfaces.

Didn't you expect to get pulled as a younger driver? I know I did and just expected it as part of growing up. It's not always fair, but it's life. The police get attacked for not dealing with potential troublemakers, then get slated when they do it. As said above, you may well be the most sensible driver in the world (and a clean licence for 13 years would suggest that), but modified cars are involved in a lot of accidents. Plus they are very often illegal, either because the mods are unsafe, or because they aren't declared to the insurers. I've had one claim declined because the car that drove into the back of me had been modded and not declared, so that's a real PITA where I'm concerned.

One final point. Again it's not always fair to stereotype, but the police have to be proactive and, before the use of ANPR became widespread and the now compulsory insuring of all cars that aren't on a SORN, they had to stop to check everything was legit. The DVLA's own figures show that nearly 50% of drivers banned for totting-up 6 points in the first 2 years haven't re-taken their test. Do you honestly think that they aren't driving? The only way to find out is to stop and check. A royal pain if you keep getting stopped, but unfortunately necessary while you're in that risk group.
                Its their attitude towards myself when you refuse to get in the back of the car....things change in a second to being hostile even though its your LEGAL right to refuse...i have no intention of getting in the back of the car...why should I? you can class it as intimidating grounds and unfair.

First things first, just becuase your young should NOT make you an instant target to the police!

The police KNEW the car, it was knew in the area and they KNEW it was 100% legal.

I have no issue with being pulled if im driving like a twat which is something I never did in that car....ever
                In regards to harness they checked the car over numerious times sometimes which torches and never once found a fault with the car (you can see they are attached through the window to the anchor points in the back. harness are 1 hundred times safer that seatbelts yet people seem to get the wrong impression about them, same with bucket seats, once you drive with them you wonder why they are not in every car....they are THAT good.The engine conversion was 100% legal as it was on both my insurance as well as the V5. Every modification on the car was on the insurance and I paid alot for that peice of mind. In regards to my rear lights, again even though I showed them the MOT and had to take it back to the MOT centre to stamp the form they STILL insisted they were not legal yet they were.
                My alloys? how would they know they were stolen when they were perhaps the only sort in my city as they were a specially ordered offset, you would not even know the make if you looked at them yet alone see them going around..again no reason to pull me over just to see the car.
                My car being too low? no it wasnt....it was low yes but some of the speedhumps in my area are huge and i dont fancy damaging my car. Have you even driven a lowered car? its perhaps the safest thing you can do to a car bar a full rollcage (which was in my 2nd car)

I also seem to remember a company called Hella that makes tinted rear lights that are LEGAL actually paying the court costs for a woman to take her local police to court for the constant harressment over her rear lights. the lights were fully E-marked!
                GGRRR makes me so angry thinking about the crap i had to put with/explain when i was younger
                Last edited by Dwarfy; 22 December, 2011, 22:50.

Comment

anyway thats my xmas rant over!

Comment

ive no complaint with the police even when i got pulled over that time they were only doing there job and to be fair if was in there shoes would have done the same

any how was running late one sunday so had all my kit on even my pistol in my holster in my vest and my rubber training knife on me and went into a petrol station bare in mind this perol station is next to heathrow airport
                    lets just say lucky they reconised me lol and pointed it out to me
                    but they said if they hadnt they would ave rang the police
                    never done it since lol

Comment

• Originally posted by wideboy83 View Post
                      ive no complaint with the police even when i got pulled over that time they were only doing there job and to be fair if was in there shoes would have done the same

any how was running late one sunday so had all my kit on even my pistol in my holster in my vest and my rubber training knife on me and went into a petrol station bare in mind this perol station is next to heathrow airport
                      lets just say lucky they reconised me lol and pointed it out to me
                      but they said if they hadnt they would ave rang the police
                      never done it since lol
                      Doesn't your vest have a quick release tab? Just because they recognised you, doesn't mean everyone else would of. No offence pal, but that is abit silly, especially near an airport.

I can understand you being in a rush, but that no excuse to be walking around in a public place with a tac vest on and (what the public would perceive as) a real firearm and knife.

You were really lucky, and I hope that's the last time you do something like that.

Guys, it takes a minute or 2 to chuck your gear into the boot of your car. Surely you can spare that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Preview
                      Armoury:
                      - Magpul PTS Masada
                      - KJworks KC02
                      - TM P226
                      - KWA Glock 17

Comment

playing then have a dog walker trundle past
                        After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

I've got back from a sunday game still in full gear and lugging the gunbags and bergen from the car up to my flat. Going through the communal garden I got applause from most of the residents. Stopping to ask why I found out it was for being part of the assault that took Bin Laden down. I had a good laugh about this with the neighbours (who know the sport) but I swear there was one chap (who is one round short of a full mag) who believed I had just got back from Operation Hasty Bin Laden Sea Burial. He kept shaking my hand and saying "f*cking well done mate, the world is a safer place thanks to people like you".

God help me if there is a retaliation uprising and they ask my neighbour which infidels were involved!!!

Comment

Is it just me or do many of these weird things happen because these guys are wearing full uniform?? And the stories about wandering around with TacVests (facepalm). RIFs in holsters in public or on the back seat of the car ??? (twats!!)

IS it just laziness or do some of these lads get off posing as real solders? I mean how long does it take to chuck the tacvest and smock in the boot (along with the RIFs!!!)?? Its not rocket science... RIFs go in the gun bag. Pistol goes in its case . Tacvest, belt and webbing goes in a bag. Change the camo smock for a plain fleece or jacket and if I'm driving I change into trainers... This is simple and takes 5 mins max!!

Really guys, you would get the same weird looks from the old bill / neighbours if you went out wearing a pink tutu but you don't risk scaring the police or public some of these stories aren't weird or funny ... there just about some sad guys playing soldiers in inappropriate places.

My kids are 14 and have never done anything as stupid as leave a skirmish site still wearing their vests and pistol holsters!!! ( now if I can only stop them leaving them on the safe zone table for me to move to the car I would be happy )
                            Last edited by cannon_fodder; 27 December, 2011, 22:48.

Comment

• Well I was on the way to an airsoft game, then I took an arrow to the knee.
                              Preview
                              Armoury:
                              - Magpul PTS Masada
                              - KJworks KC02
                              - TM P226
                              - KWA Glock 17

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMIWFNcmfc
                                thenk me after you watch this

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X