Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what's the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Originally posted by BioSniper View Post
    naturally I was still in full DPM.
    Well you could have changed!
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I live in combats and a tigerstripe shirt nad have worn a vest because of bag space, oh and the time id hurt my back and was using it to keep it in a comfortable position till I got to the docs, Nice tight strap!

as for weirdest thing possibly the guy who spotted the bag and asked what guns I was carrying as a joke. I told him I wasnt and he shouted at me i as carrying guns across a crowded street and I should be ashamed to own guns. thats why I bought a guitar case.

oh by the by a cheap bule dropleg fits me in just the right place to hold my knee brace in place whipped the holster bit off it and used the straps.

also what do guys who go to the pub for a bite post skirmish on the way home do with guns? I dont feel comfortable leaving them in the car when I am getting a lift so.... I carry them in in the case, chest rig etc all in the car but the guns come with me in a locked case.
      Last edited by jediknight129; 7 March, 2012, 14:30.

Comment

mine stay in the van/car when we pop into local pub for a debrief with pint
        Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
          So well this was pretty wierd :
          Had a great day , took off all of my kit , safely put the rifs and everything in the boot and changed into jeans and a jumper . Started to drive home and was a very uneventful trip . Got home unloaded the car , cleaned my guns in the "gun room" , had dinner , watched a film and went to bed .

I thought that was normal but from what most people has posted this seems to be a rather unusual thing to happen
          Same thing happened to me all apart from me banging the missus lol

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
          But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

I just feel uneasy because they are valuable to me same as my pc.

Comment

I only ever wear my camo bottoms on the way to sites as i cant be bothered to change there

Comment

I'm still not sure why people are getting a cockstand on about wearing rig to and from sites. Just want to argue about something? As long as you aren't wandering around with rifs hanging off you then whats the problem?
                Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                  I'm still not sure why people are getting a cockstand on about wearing rig to and from sites. Just want to argue about something?
                  No, it called an opinion!
                  sigpic

Comment

I would go into detail about all this mess, but it's 4 in the morning, so here's my points:

Going out into public with full military-spec gear is going to raise pulses, thoughts and ALOT of alarms. I'm not speaking experience, but wouldn't you start worrying if a ghillie suit squad walk into a bank? Especially when the terror alert across britain is on severe alert, so any odd-looking situations are gonna have more of a dire impact; moreso than the dumbass who jumped out a bush at armed police with a toy!

Concealment of your RIF's from the public eye is a MUST. How many ol' biddies do you know that openly throw the odd compliment to a CO2 Dan Wesson 8 inch revolver strapped to your friggin thigh without a second glance!?

Walking into MaccyD's looking like a modern day napoleon strike-force WILL NOT get you poon. It will impress no-one.....except the officer that plugged you and your friend's eye socket with a 9mm.

Just because YOU know your an airsofter, DOES NOT mean the rest of the world know it. to 5-year old johnny, your an army man; to the 30 year old father, your an idiot. To the father's daughter, your a cute looking idiot, And to 86 year-old nancy, your a psychotic ISIS worshipping gun-wielding fanatic.

I don't throw my gear all over the car in hopes of impressing some poor 40+ single milf across the M6; I pack it away in the necessary accommodation for Safety, Protection & concealment from the public eye to avoid any situations listed above. Alongside this, should the police become involved and are intrigued as to the contents of your car boot, compliance is much more the preferable option. Yes, telling them in advance will prepare them and hopefully make them understand and lighten the situation better.

Caveira is 100% correct; it's a stupid and irresponsible attempt to make your c**k bigger, and just because you identify a piece of kit as something you know, doesn't mean everyone else does. Hell, a friend of mine had his Tac-vest on while sitting in his car when 2 on-duty officers came to him and assumed he was undercover Stupidity on their part, but moreso on my friend's part because the situation could of either gotten out of hand fast, or TOTALLY AVOIDED WHATSOEVER IF HE TOOK THE VEST OFF. and this wasn't even anywhere to a upcoming match, he just felt like wearing it like the egotistical jock he is.

Some stories on here are chance encounters and possible flukes that people have had in accountance with law enforcement; Just pray you get the same amount of leniency when a constable sees a you head to toe in AOR1 camo with a plate carrier and bergen in the backseat, hoisting a shotgun.......

Comment

• Re: what the weirdest thing to happen to you on the way or from a game?

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
                      Got out the shop and a group a pair of quite lovely girls asked me if id like any help carrying my kit or shopping back to were I was going for all the hard work Iv done over seas. I did explain id just been airsofting and they carryed it anyway....bonus!
                      I know this is a necroquote, but this sounds like the setup for an adult movie! The world needs to know, was it a happy ending?

Gotta say, there is a terrifying degree of moronicism evident in this thread.

Comment

- Dragged into a room by border guards at Dubai airport and interrogated about where the gun was for a couple of hours.
                        - Spent 3 hours in a room being questioned by US immigration in Atlanta because one couldn't grasp the concept of being born in one country and working in another.
                        - Came up positive on my luggage for explosives residue when going through Chicago O'Hare.

Comment

Testing positive for explosives has always concerned me when in the US as I have generally done a load of shooting and I assume any GSR would trigger it? One time in particular as I had shot a few thousand rounds the day before in the same clothes and shoes. I had just brushed off the 'shooting dust' but nothing was picked up luckily.

Comment

It was probably the most laid back of those three events. I explained it was from shooting and they were happy with it and let us carry on with our transfer.

Dubai was just after some geezer got assassinated by Mossad using British passports, and they thought it suspicious I had a plate carrier and was only visiting for one night with two Lebanese guys and another Brit. That took a while.

Atlanta was my first trip to the USA for Operation East Wind, and I didn't plan for idiocy. Pasty white ginger guy with a British passport, and the guy on the immigration desk just couldn't understand that I was British but worked in Saudi. I suspected all the arab country stamps might at least result in a question, but not 3 hours of being messed about.

Comment

You get some right tossers at those US immigration desks. I've had the Spanish inquisition from them a few times. Last time I was only there for a connection and still got a million questions.

Comment

Just remember 'No one expects the Spanish Inquisition'
                                Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X